Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2012, 09:55 AM

3,122 posts, read 4,953,507 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdawg8181 View Post
I agree with you. LIRR is much worse. I have never had any problems with LIPA and the last time the power went out I called their service line and they were very accurate with the restoration time provided.

I don't think this is why they are the most hated, they have good service and accurate info on when the power will be restored.....he was my problem and many others have:

They over charged me on several occasions. We paid 7 Billion dollars for them to buy Lilco They lied about how rates will be reduced after taking over Lilco, they charge one of the highest rates in the country. It's a government owned corporation. They raised rates 80% in the last 10 years. The LIPA Tax increase You think civil servants on the Island make a lot, you should check out their salaries, on average they(management) make 180,000. LIPA is a large monopoly with a lot of money and no accountability. That is a dangerous combination.

Don't worry though PSEG will be taking things over in two years,so maybe somethings will finally get straighten out for once but since it's L.I. I doubt it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2012, 09:59 AM

6,151 posts, read 10,028,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chetstash View Post
The government. LIPA is run by government stooges just like healthcare in the near future.
Typical weak stance of just throwing darts at a board offering nothing to substantiate a claim or any indication of how it would be better another way. Just put down everything... Well, we KNOW what happens when the private sector gets involved in energy - Enron ring a bell?

You're not going to get "better" from unregulated private companies where greed takes over all decision making. Does anyone remember LILCO?

So rail against "government stooges" all you want... it's no better then the greedy private sector where employees and customers are secondary to management bonuses and golden parachutes.

Old 06-30-2012, 12:24 PM

8,693 posts, read 11,078,805 times
I must be some minority who actually don't mind lipa. I actually think they are decent. Compared to Queens, the electric bill is lower. They seem to fix whatever they need to. Compared to other countys...esp to the ones in north NJ or NJ...I never had extended black out & such

Old 06-30-2012, 02:40 PM

22,668 posts, read 36,792,894 times
I hate Directv and AT&T more.

Old 06-30-2012, 03:41 PM

19,219 posts, read 17,088,442 times
Comcast is top of our S*** List!

Old 06-30-2012, 06:19 PM

3,852 posts, read 4,519,532 times
99% is probably their rates. Shouldn't have shut down that nuclear reactor, dummies.

Old 06-30-2012, 08:06 PM

592 posts, read 919,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyKid View Post
Typical weak stance of just throwing darts at a board offering nothing to substantiate a claim or any indication of how it would be better another way. Just put down everything... Well, we KNOW what happens when the private sector gets involved in energy - Enron ring a bell?

You're not going to get "better" from unregulated private companies where greed takes over all decision making. Does anyone remember LILCO?

So rail against "government stooges" all you want... it's no better then the greedy private sector where employees and customers are secondary to management bonuses and golden parachutes.
Are you kidding? Enron fell apart over a decade ago. You realize that this thread involves a discussion wherein LIPA was named most hated in the Country, right? Good luck getting good healthcare when all of your doctors are union goons just like the employees of LIPA, the DMV and the LIRR.

Old 06-30-2012, 08:49 PM

3,939 posts, read 8,973,207 times
Quote:
Are you kidding? Enron fell apart over a decade ago. You realize that this thread involves a discussion wherein LIPA was named most hated in the Country, right? Good luck getting good healthcare when all of your doctors are union goons just like the employees of LIPA, the DMV and the LIRR.
Why do you keep comparing lipa to government health care? Lol..

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Old 07-01-2012, 09:16 AM

6,151 posts, read 10,028,251 times
Quote:
It's relative to the post I replied to - and yours apparently... Enron is a perfect example of how private is worse then your "union goons". Way worse... criminally worse.

It's one thing to rank low in customer satisfaction (i.e. LIPA here). Yet, it's a whole other ball game when a company knocks out power intentionally to customers for the sole purpose of boosting profits. This is what happens when you let the private sector loose. You're comparing criminals to waiting on line a long time at DMV talking to cranky clerks. Seriously?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayfouroh View Post
Why do you keep comparing lipa to government health care? Lol..

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2
Exactly. lol - Someone is watching too much Fox "news".

Old 07-01-2012, 11:05 AM

332 posts, read 613,767 times
I don't know about that. People seem to like the VA and medicare, both government run health care.

And lets remember the ACA (aka obama care) involves and uses PRIVATE insurance companies not government run insurance.

Quote:
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island