Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2013, 09:06 AM

77 posts, read 164,624 times

Advertisements

We use Casco and have been very happy. We have purchased 3 beds from them in the past and we will buy again from them when my little guys get their "big kid sets". We have purchased a solid wood bunk bed/futon, an iron day bed and a single wood four poster bed. All have held up beautifully. All sets were delivered and put together by very polite staff who explained the use/care of the beds.
We also bought a crib a Behrs years ago. Nice place/selection but customer service doesn't compare to Casco.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2013, 04:25 PM

20,928 posts, read 28,397,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by agw123 View Post
IF you mean anything made in China for any purchase, good luck with that.
I have been fairly successful in buying items not made there, my couches, love seat and recliner from Ashely furniture are made here but all of their accent tables are made in China so we did not buy those.Things I currently own made in China I cannot afford to replace but I do try and find items made here, it's tough but I try.

Old 09-10-2014, 06:35 PM

1 posts, read 815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elke Mariotti View Post
Too bad The Workbench isn't around anymore. The beds lasted till my daughters left home and the dressers are still being used--for my grandkids!
Someone I know wants me to find out about The Workbench in New York City. We know it is out of business.
- What part of town were they in?
- When did they go out of business?
- How long were they in business?
- What else did they make besides latex beds?

Old 09-10-2014, 06:44 PM

1,474 posts, read 3,056,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Write View Post
Someone I know wants me to find out about The Workbench in New York City. We know it is out of business.

Let me google that for you

Old 09-10-2014, 07:00 PM

9,933 posts, read 23,142,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Write View Post
That was a long time ago! In NYC, I believe they were on Park Ave, somewhere between 26th and 33rd Streets (no guarantees ).
The Workbench definitely had a store in Pt. Washington, on 25A (west of Munsey Park, approx across from Lord & Taylor).
How long were they in business? No idea--I didn't grow up in the U.S. I'm pretty sure they were still around in the 80s; not sure about the 90s and beyond.

They had great furniture (imported mostly and clean designs - more on the contemporary side), and not only for "grown-ups"; I bought a great teak dining room set (still looks good!) and bedroom furniture for my kids there in the early 70s . A lot of the children's furniture was offered in beech wood. It was a bit pricey but extremely well made! One of my daughters is still using a chest of drawers that I bought when she was an infant (she now has three children of her own!). And the sturdy chair-tables my daughters had as toddlers, which also served as step stools for me later, still look great and are in excellent condition!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island