Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-01-2013, 08:16 PM

840 posts, read 2,446,809 times

Advertisements

Please say a prayer for my son's teacher; some idiot driver hit him at the intersection of NS middle school and high school on Glen Cove Avenue today. It's all over the news.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2013, 03:35 AM

118 posts, read 258,687 times
So sorry to hear it. I hope he makes a speedy recovery!

Old 03-02-2013, 01:35 PM

4,676 posts, read 9,995,880 times
It's just terrible. Why don't people OBEY School Zone speed limits?????? Nothing has changed in 50 years I'm afraid. I always thought speed bumps would be a good idea. Slow everybody down. From Kissam Lane to Club Road...........speed bumps - because people are too stupid to care.

Chris is on my prayer list.

Old 03-02-2013, 03:38 PM

3,939 posts, read 8,975,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocngypz View Post
It's just terrible. Why don't people OBEY School Zone speed limits?????? Nothing has changed in 50 years I'm afraid. I always thought speed bumps would be a good idea. Slow everybody down. From Kissam Lane to Club Road...........speed bumps - because people are too stupid to care.

Chris is on my prayer list.
Unfortunately, even on this very forum, people feel they are above speed limits. It will never change.

Old 03-02-2013, 04:34 PM

1,214 posts, read 3,644,730 times
The driver who hit your son's teacher needs to be locked up and gotten off the road permanently. He's selfish, stupid and completely unsafe (a description that aptly fits many drivers today). This driver ought to be glad he didn't kill your son's teacher and isn't up on manslaughter charges.

I'll never forget the first time I sat in the driver's seat with my dad as my first driving teacher. He said to me "A car is like a gun. You can kill someone with it. Understand? Okay, now turn the key."

Old 03-02-2013, 07:12 PM

13,056 posts, read 18,125,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreaII View Post
The driver who hit your son's teacher needs to be locked up and gotten off the road permanently. He's selfish, stupid and completely unsafe (a description that aptly fits many drivers today). This driver ought to be glad he didn't kill your son's teacher and isn't up on manslaughter charges.

I'll never forget the first time I sat in the driver's seat with my dad as my first driving teacher. He said to me "A car is like a gun. You can kill someone with it. Understand? Okay, now turn the key."

My dad said something similar..."Remember a car is a lethal weapon if not operated properly" I'll never forget a convo with him about the "new" cup holders in the cars years ago. He blew a gasket and I got a tirade on how you can't drink and pay attention to the road at the same time, don't ask about how he felt about a cassette deck in the car!!!!!

Old 03-03-2013, 04:01 PM

20,937 posts, read 28,438,415 times
Woman injured in crash remains critical my thoughts and prayers are with your sons' teacher

Old 03-03-2013, 05:34 PM

9,531 posts, read 15,889,107 times
Judging from the black powder-coated 20" rims on his otherwise-pedestrian sedan, it was just a matter of time before he took someone out on the roads. Ricer-boy probably drives like that all the time. A bystander said it looked like he was driving on the LIE at the speed he was going.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island