Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2013, 08:34 PM

1,606 posts, read 2,963,476 times

Advertisements

Has anyone else had Long Island Tree Care harass their homes? I remember this last year but this year it's worse. They've called me a dozen times, and every time I ask to be taken off the list from the supervisor.

Tonight I said to take me off their GOD DAM list and the guy actually starting giving me flack. I hung up on him, and within the hour I had numerous prank calls to my home and cell phones. Unbelievable.

I'm also reading online that when these guys don't make the sales from the call, they come to your house anyway, and whether they actually spray or not, they leave a bill at your door. ANd then they call demanding payment.

I've blocked their prank call numbers, but I'm sure more are on the way. Anyone else have issues with these guys?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2013, 08:56 PM

4,135 posts, read 10,817,172 times
Are you on Do Not Call? If not, sign up.
Then report them EVERY time they call.
If they are local and you have the # you might get DNC to work...

Old 04-24-2013, 04:41 AM

138 posts, read 379,411 times
They call me very often too. I've stopped picking up the phone. They also left a card at my door saying im scheduled for a spray on a certain date. That forced me to call them up to tell them not to come. Took forever to get the guy to undetstand I dont want their services.

Old 04-24-2013, 05:10 AM

22,669 posts, read 36,804,509 times
Next time they call, simply say, "I'm on the Do Not Call list, I've asked you to stop calling, and I've reported you to the attorney general". THen if they call again, DO IT. That law has no teeth because no one ever complains! I had a tree service doing this when I first moved into my house many years ago and when I finally told him I was calling the attorney general, they stopped, just like that. No one wants a $10K fine for making phone calls.

Old 04-24-2013, 05:23 AM

1,606 posts, read 2,963,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twingles View Post
Next time they call, simply say, "I'm on the Do Not Call list, I've asked you to stop calling, and I've reported you to the attorney general". THen if they call again, DO IT. That law has no teeth because no one ever complains! I had a tree service doing this when I first moved into my house many years ago and when I finally told him I was calling the attorney general, they stopped, just like that. No one wants a $10K fine for making phone calls.
I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau, but I guess the Attorney General is the next threat.

Old 04-24-2013, 05:47 AM

22,669 posts, read 36,804,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pidge1114 View Post
I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau, but I guess the Attorney General is the next threat.

BBB has zero ability to police this situation. The AG can and will fine them for non-compliance with the law. And the company knows it - so when you make the threat, it should stop, but if it doesn't then you do need to contact the AG.

Your other option is get a whistle and next time they call, blow it till they hang up.

I've taken to answering phone calls from unknown numbers and just not saying anything. Totally freaks them out and eventually they stop calling. My kids sometimes answer and say "Pizza Hut" - also works. I know it's dumb, but you gotta do what you gotta do. Guarantee if you answer the phone and say "Pizza Hut" they will stop.

Old 04-24-2013, 06:02 AM

3,524 posts, read 5,705,294 times
Quote:
Has anyone else had Long Island Tree Care harass their homes? I remember this last year but this year it's worse. They've called me a dozen times, and every time I ask to be taken off the list from the supervisor.

Tonight I said to take me off their GOD DAM list and the guy actually starting giving me flack. I hung up on him, and within the hour I had numerous prank calls to my home and cell phones. Unbelievable.

I'm also reading online that when these guys don't make the sales from the call, they come to your house anyway, and whether they actually spray or not, they leave a bill at your door. ANd then they call demanding payment.

I've blocked their prank call numbers, but I'm sure more are on the way. Anyone else have issues with these guys?
These guys are vultures and pains in the butt. I used them for a while, but then stopped and they had the nerve to charge my card from the year before. I flipped a gasket. I got it reversed by the bank, but they kept calling and calling. I told them to stop F**King calling me only to have a manager call me back and say did I threatend them with a gun and they were going to call the cops. I told them call the cops, I'll be filing harrassment charges against you when they get here. And by the way, my neighbor 3 doors over is a suffolk cop, I'll go get him myself.

Needless to say they agreed never to call back. fast forward 2 years and they called back again and I said stop calling. I've blocked the random #s they use but they keep changing them

Old 04-24-2013, 06:03 AM

8,815 posts, read 21,282,976 times
My son used to answer : Krenshaw's Funeral Home ....

People may not recall what you said to them, but they will always remember how you made them feel .

Old 04-24-2013, 06:24 AM

886 posts, read 2,647,628 times
Geez Louise. Just stop answering the phone.

Old 04-24-2013, 07:20 AM

573 posts, read 1,242,951 times
Quote:

They did this to me summer of 2011 when I had just moved into my house - would leave a photocopy of a handwritten note that referred to a prior conversation about coming to spray. We thought maybe they had dealt with the former owner, so called telling them not to come. We got another one saying they were coming to apply chemicals. I called again and then faxed them telling them not to come. That got them to stop, but if they had sent me a bill I would have ignored it and if they tried to sue me I would have counterclaimed for fraud and trespass - they'd either be lying about spraying, or they came onto my property when I explicitly told them not to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
View detailed profiles of: