Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2013, 09:59 AM

7,841 posts, read 13,240,868 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malishka31 View Post
How does this work, i have no idea, i have never done this? i googled around town of brookhaven but all i saw forms for block party permits.

If i want to use the local park say Corey North , for a 5 year olds party what do i do?

Anyone have other suggestions for kids parties? ( i know about the bounce houses but 400$+ for a 5 year old seems excessive to us.... i don't spend that much on DHs birthday)

I know this is probably off topic, but how about a birthday party at Adventureland? I believe the party is for either 90 minutes or 2 hrs. What is your budget and would there be at least 10 kids (I think that's their minimum)? Sometimes parties at parks can be exhausting--getting there early to clean up if needed and do some decorating, not to mention toting all the stuff with you. We've had large picnics at parks before and only needed permits if we exceeded a certain number or if there was going to be alcohol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2013, 01:36 PM

2,605 posts, read 3,404,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftymh View Post
Rope off a 10' x 10' area and have the kids fight each other.
LOL!!! That is a great idea. That would help them relieve everyday stress.

Old 05-22-2013, 01:40 PM

3,939 posts, read 8,976,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deeken View Post
LOL!!! That is a great idea. That would help them relieve everyday stress.
Life is SOOO hard when you are 5 years old

Old 05-22-2013, 02:43 PM

16,408 posts, read 33,314,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yoelmo View Post
Too much stress having to deal with permits, hoping the weather cooperates and coordinating games and stuff to keep them occupied. I say you throw a bowling party. Did you say you were near Sayville? Call Sayville Bowl. They can tailor your party any way you like depending on your budget. From just bowling to bowling, pizza, cake, etc and other kid activities. 5 year olds will have a blast bowling. 2-3 hours tops and the best part is you can just walk away when your done and no clean up.
I have been to this type of party but not for kids of 5. This may be a dumb question but are 5 year olds big enough to handle a heavy bowling ball and roll it down a long alley?

Old 05-22-2013, 02:45 PM

16,408 posts, read 33,314,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellakin123 View Post
I know this is probably off topic, but how about a birthday party at Adventureland? I believe the party is for either 90 minutes or 2 hrs. What is your budget and would there be at least 10 kids (I think that's their minimum)? Sometimes parties at parks can be exhausting--getting there early to clean up if needed and do some decorating, not to mention toting all the stuff with you. We've had large picnics at parks before and only needed permits if we exceeded a certain number or if there was going to be alcohol.
My sister has done kid parties at Adventureland and she says it can get pricey. Although always a big hit. Of course she invites the whole class so maybe 12 kids isn't that bad. OP should call and see if it's within the budget.

Old 05-22-2013, 02:57 PM

7,841 posts, read 13,240,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
My sister has done kid parties at Adventureland and she says it can get pricey. Although always a big hit. Of course she invites the whole class so maybe 12 kids isn't that bad. OP should call and see if it's within the budget.

Yes, depending on what you want it can get pricey. I checked more than a year ago and it was around $20 or so for each child but that included rides, pizza or hotdog and cake for about 90 minutes. Bowling parties can be pricey too depending on the bowling alley and type of party. For 10-12 kids it's not that bad but still over $200. We once did a Chuck E Cheese party. I recommend booking early parties because the afternoon parties get crazy sometimes. We had 12 kids and I had them do everything. They gave us invitiations, they did goodie bags for $2 each and cake. I also ordered wraps and other platters for the parents who stayed.

Old 05-22-2013, 03:43 PM

20,937 posts, read 28,443,988 times
Chuck E Cheese, bowling, fun zone on route 110, McDonald's, Burger King, Pizza Place, There is a go kart place in Ronkonkoma.

Old 05-22-2013, 03:49 PM

1,726 posts, read 4,039,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
I have been to this type of party but not for kids of 5. This may be a dumb question but are 5 year olds big enough to handle a heavy bowling ball and roll it down a long alley?
They have some very light bowling balls and ramps that the kids roll the ball down to give it enough force to make it to the pins.

Old 05-22-2013, 04:16 PM

745 posts, read 1,505,400 times
Unfortunately most people go into backyard (or park in this case) parties thinking it will save them money, and it could end up costing the same amount as a party place, plus you have all the hassle of doing it yourself. At least at a place you just show up and they do all of the work.

Chuck E Cheese and McDonalds offer inexpensive parties. I think Boomers in Medford could be good, their cheapest package is $16 per person.

Old 05-22-2013, 06:46 PM

198 posts, read 779,593 times
i did not want to spend 400, but it seems like anyway i cut it all the places will end up being that much. i am not thrilled with this idea of kids having a party. Her bday is july 3rd. i think id rather spend 400$ on her than on friends she barely knows or sees . i am so torn on this. it is completly outside of my budget to throw a party for 12 kids . and 12 is relaly an undercount b/c peopel always bring siblings and with my DS and our outside of school friends we have 5 kids b4 i even invite the dance and school kids.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island