Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2013, 12:22 PM

Location: Prince Georges County, MD (formerly Long Island, NY)
1,558 posts, read 2,723,694 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneakyvegan View Post
I don't think that every single incident that involves a gun should spark a gun control debate. Going by what I've heard so far, it doesn't seem like this is an incident that could have been prevented with stricter or more lax rules.

Let's all take it easy on the gun control debate, here.
QFT!!!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2013, 12:27 PM
Noc

1,435 posts, read 2,069,408 times
This is a very scary situation. Suspect is still at large and I am thinking about the kids getting home from school.

Old 09-25-2013, 12:33 PM

3,445 posts, read 6,064,367 times
OH THE CHILDREN.....hope they get Counseling now!!!!!

Old 09-25-2013, 12:46 PM

8,679 posts, read 11,073,293 times
I read that its NEAR the mall...not IN the mall...the media or police trying to make the situation bigger than it seems. Of course, I rather be cautious in alerting the area then acting like its a non event. Seems like a case of disgruntled worker drama

Old 09-25-2013, 01:00 PM

703 posts, read 1,173,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noc View Post
This is a very scary situation. Suspect is still at large and I am thinking about the kids getting home from school.
The police said they were confident he has left the area. Maybe he used his cell phone somewhere. I hope no one else gets hurt.

Old 09-25-2013, 01:04 PM

Channel 12 reported he is a vendor who is owed money. Probably the lunch bills havent been paid.

Old 09-25-2013, 01:06 PM
Noc

1,435 posts, read 2,069,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daisyLI View Post
The police said they were confident he has left the area. Maybe he used his cell phone somewhere. I hope no one else gets hurt.
As a parent knowing this guy could be anywhere is not an easy feeling. Especially as school is just letting out.

Old 09-25-2013, 01:10 PM

Now you're making him out to be a child killer. Even the NCPD Chief said he is not a random killer.

Your quick panic qualifies you to report news for Channel 12.

Old 09-25-2013, 01:12 PM

13,510 posts, read 17,030,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sneakyvegan View Post
I don't think that every single incident that involves a gun should spark a gun control debate. Going by what I've heard so far, it doesn't seem like this is an incident that could have been prevented with stricter or more lax rules.

I remember an incident awhile back in NJ where someone broke into a house and beat up a young mother while her 3 year old daughter watched. Of course, a Facebook friend of mine posted about how if there were no gun control laws, this attack could have been stopped. How? The woman was sitting on her living room couch watching TV with her daughter when the guy broke down her front door (that led right into the living room). Unless she kept her gun in the couch cushions, she was not going to get to it in time. And since people can still legally buy guns, anyone looking to break into a house bears the risk that a person inside the house has a gun, so it's not like it's a real deterrent to crime.

Let's all take it easy on the gun control debate, here.
I wish we could, but when you have nuts like your friend and kayfouroh who don't even wait for the blood to dry before bringing gun control into it, what are you supposed to do? Let them get away with it? My first reaction to this shooting isn't "see, if he didn't have a gun no one would be dead!!"...but apparently every gun fetishist losers first reaction to a tragedy involving a gun is that it proves that we need MORE guns!! You have to be truly warped to have this knee jerk response to every shooting.

Old 09-25-2013, 01:17 PM

Or delusional to believe we are safer because only the police have guns.

When seconds count, NCPD is only minutes away.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island