Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-05-2013, 07:06 PM

429 posts, read 852,763 times

Advertisements

My Plumber tells me that TOB has a 5-week wait period to inspect the Gas Conversion job that's being done. National Grid ran the line to our house today (after waiting about 4 months), which means we likely won't be able to use the gas heat until mid-december. This is especially disappointing, because we're just about out of oil and need to get another delivery.

Does anyone know if this is definitely the case with TOB?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2013, 06:55 AM

69 posts, read 210,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by csteen85 View Post
My Plumber tells me that TOB has a 5-week wait period to inspect the Gas Conversion job that's being done. National Grid ran the line to our house today (after waiting about 4 months), which means we likely won't be able to use the gas heat until mid-december. This is especially disappointing, because we're just about out of oil and need to get another delivery.

Does anyone know if this is definitely the case with TOB?
For oil, you may consider to refill with COD option. A few venders may deliver as low as 50 gallons. We did one refill before the conversion. Since we preferred to play it safe, we left with about one third of the refilled oil.

Your plumber should have let you know the time of the installation. The inspection is right after the installation. From our experience, the interval between gas line setup and installation was about 7 weeks. The time that you wait for gas line setup is long. Our experience was about 5~6 weeks after the plumber filed the application. Of course, the intervals may vary due to a few factors such as how many applications the town has and the plumber's schedule etc. at the time.

Good luck for a smooth conversion.

Old 11-08-2013, 10:06 PM

45 posts, read 104,197 times
Same situation hired plumber in August did National Grid paperwork and line was installed early October (Less than 2 months!). Was very excited called plumber now all of a sudden he can't do job until sometime in December maybe even January. Very disappointed. I'm also TOB

Old 08-11-2014, 08:39 AM

1 posts, read 6,087 times
I'm in TOB and considering a conversion to Gas. My problem is that I have a few add-ons to my house for which I never received a permit (e.g., deck). I'm wondering whether TOB send over a code enforcement person to inspect the entire house and therefore requiring us to get additional permits. Or is the inspector going to be inspecting the entire premises for potential violations?

Old 08-11-2014, 09:58 AM

783 posts, read 1,422,272 times
No the inspector is only going to inspect the room where the gas boiler is located. I had the same concerns when I had my inspection. You should be fine, inspection lasted 5 minutes.

Old 01-02-2019, 08:05 PM

17 posts, read 37,241 times
Default Gas conversion in TOB. Inspection concern

I am also considering converting to natural gas. I have an underground propane tank. I finished my basment myself, no bathroom or kitchen just drywall and an office room. I am also missing a fireproof door in the boiler room. Should be concerned that the inspector might issue a violation. Also will the conversion require a new CO ? I am in TOB
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island