Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2014, 08:01 AM

3,445 posts, read 6,064,367 times

Advertisements

LiveLeak.com - Police Beating Caught On Tape

Hard to see what was happening but looks like he made a move on the passenger side.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2014, 08:13 AM

573 posts, read 1,242,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 30to66at55 View Post
LiveLeak.com - Police Beating Caught On Tape

Hard to see what was happening but looks like he made a move on the passenger side.
Video is very unclear. What I heard was that, because both doors were open (which, in and of itself seems odd for a routine stop for a cracked windshield) the wind blew his paycheck toward the door and he reached for it. The police say he reached for marijuana in his glove compartment and shoved it in his mouth. Either way it looks like he moved toward the passenger door. The ambiguity in the video is sure to generate a lot of controversy and argument, guess we'll see what happens.

Old 05-08-2014, 08:14 AM

8,681 posts, read 11,073,293 times
he should be beaten harder

Old 05-08-2014, 12:11 PM

321 posts, read 595,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unctorious View Post
the wind blew his paycheck toward the door and he reached for it
Give me a break.

This guy has been arrested before for drugs. He is not an angel.

You can see that he was stopped by an unmarked vehicle.

They knew the perp and the perp knows them.

Of course the perp's family wants to make it seem like he is a victim. This is his big chance to get a payday from our tax dollars.

If anyone in a car makes a sudden movement and opens up the glovebox during a traffic stop the cops are going to think what they've been trained to think, GUN.

They didn't know he was grabbing weed to shove in his mouth at that moment, they were only reacting to what he was doing. A little bit of weed would have been a misdemeanor AT MOST. More then likely it would have been a violation amount of weed.

The bag guy caused this whole thing. I've seen police brutality and this isn't it.

Old 05-08-2014, 01:53 PM

413 posts, read 598,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMalo View Post
If anyone in a car makes a sudden movement and opens up the glovebox during a traffic stop the cops are going to think what they've been trained to think, GUN.
Wow, so the "training" for "GUN" is to run around the car without your gun drawn and punch and knee the perp in the face repeatedly?" Back to the academy for you, Officer Krupkie.

1st. The video linked by the OP cuts out over a minute of the actual video:

Video footage shows Nassau County Police viciously beating man during routine traffic stop | Mail Online

The cop already encountered the kid on the passenger side non-violently. He then walked away and when the kid supposedly tried to eat the weed, he raced back and bashed his face in. No issue of "GUN" at any point. Yeah, solid police work there, kneeing and punching a sitting kid in the face repeatedly. Cops were "threatened" by a video camera as the kid has videotaped them before. Yup, that's provocation but neither a bag of weed OR video justify any beating, particularly one as bad as that. Not in 2014. Not here, not now.

Just hand over our tax money paying for this lawsuit. The cop will be exonerated by the force and given an "administrative job." and NCPD will settle the civil suit for a few hundred grand. Is THAT good police work? Reckless thugs who give the good ones a black eye. I am close friends with Superior Officer Assn members and guys on the job. None of them condone this privately so it's sad that taxpayers on CL do. The kid's lawyer couldn't release this vid fast enough. It's a slam dunk. My 8 yr old and his friends saw this by accident on News 12 and say they are now afraid of the police. They SHOULD be afraid of these guys. They are not what law enforcement is about.

Old 05-08-2014, 02:11 PM

3,445 posts, read 6,064,367 times
Oh, another anti-cop diatribe. What's the problem...you don't like getting traffic tickets? perhaps, a deep seated childhood psychological problem with authority figures?
Or perhaps, you just don't know good policing when you see it.

Old 05-08-2014, 02:14 PM

573 posts, read 1,242,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMalo View Post
Give me a break.

This guy has been arrested before for drugs. He is not an angel.

You can see that he was stopped by an unmarked vehicle.

They knew the perp and the perp knows them.

Of course the perp's family wants to make it seem like he is a victim. This is his big chance to get a payday from our tax dollars.

They didn't know he was grabbing weed to shove in his mouth at that moment, they were only reacting to what he was doing. A little bit of weed would have been a misdemeanor AT MOST. More then likely it would have been a violation amount of weed.

The bag guy caused this whole thing. I've seen police brutality and this isn't it.
/thread

GMalo has all the answers, no sense in discussing this any further.

Old 05-08-2014, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30to66at55 View Post
Oh, another anti-cop diatribe. What's the problem...you don't like getting traffic tickets? perhaps, a deep seated childhood psychological problem with authority figures?
Or perhaps, you just don't know good policing when you see it.
Pretty weak, baseless comeback from you as always. I am closer to LE than you will ever be, you armchair Archie Bunker toughie. My post was of course anti a SPECIFIC cop, not copS. Your smug, factless BS is so tired on here but you plod along anyway. All conclusions based on the actual video, not the 30 second clip you supplied. If you feel so good about it, why not post the real footage? Perps lawyers feel GREAT about it. If you like it so much, you can pay my share of the slam dunk civil judgment.

Old 05-08-2014, 03:49 PM

194 posts, read 425,203 times
Strange, through all my 50 years on Long Island - and of all the extended family, friends, vast amounts of co-workers, and acquaintances of various ages and race - of those whom I know now and in years gone past - there have been MANY MANY traffic stops over the years. People mention "they got pulled over" or "they got a ticket" somewhere in Nassau or Suffolk.

Of all these law abiding citizens (I associate with none other) who follow the police directions at a traffic stop and are courteous to the officer, some have received traffic summons and occasionally some (myself included) have gotten warnings.

Funny though that NO ONE I have ever known who has obeyed the law and been respectful during a traffic stop HAS EVER BEEN BEATEN IN THE FACE OR EXPERIENCED POLICE BRUTALITY IN ANY WAY.

...wonder why some people dont just get the "have a nice day and slow it down" remark like everyone else, but instead get a club to the head for absolutely no good reason at all?!

Must be the cops.

Old 05-08-2014, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianosaur View Post
Strange, through all my 50 years on Long Island - and of all the extended family, friends, vast amounts of co-workers, and acquaintances of various ages and race - of those whom I know now and in years gone past - there have been MANY MANY traffic stops over the years. People mention "they got pulled over" or "they got a ticket" somewhere in Nassau or Suffolk.

Of all these law abiding citizens (I associate with none other) who follow the police directions at a traffic stop and are courteous to the officer, some have received traffic summons and occasionally some (myself included) have gotten warnings.

Funny though that NO ONE I have ever known who has obeyed the law and been respectful during a traffic stop HAS EVER BEEN BEATEN IN THE FACE OR EXPERIENCED POLICE BRUTALITY IN ANY WAY.

...wonder why some people dont just get the "have a nice day and slow it down" remark like everyone else, but instead get a club to the head for absolutely no good reason at all?!

Must be the cops.
Wow, that wildly diverse cross segment of society ie the people you know who drive is really pertinent to the discussion. How about if your kid or a neighbors kid is smoking a joint, or has an open beer at a concert? Or runs a stop sign but moves wrong getting his registration. Should he then get his face kicked in by a police officer? Should anyone in most cases be getting beaten over small amounts of weed in 2014?

I'm done with the idiocy in this thread. It's not about "police" or "the police." It's about ONE cop who was out of line and got it caught on tape. But speaking in sweeping generalities is the only way the apologists on here can justify and rationalize what's on the video.

Regardless of whether this kid was a POS or not (and he totally is based on his record), smart policing (and 3rd grade P.R.) says you arrest him, not kick his head in. Particularly on camera.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island