Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2014, 08:48 AM

20,928 posts, read 28,397,897 times

Advertisements

I called one place in Ronkonkoma that sells Filipino food and they stopped doing it. I do have a friend who is Filipino and can get me one from a store in queens but That's too far and I don't want her to pick it up. I had one for my Birthday in January and she got it for me as a gift LOL but I don't want her to shell out money again. I offered to pay her for the other one and she flat out refused. I would like a place that can deliver. Thanks. The party is August 9th.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2014, 09:34 AM

562 posts, read 1,057,924 times
Maybe these guys? Says it has drop off service and Google says they're right in Islip

http://www.jcbbq.com/home.html

Old 07-12-2014, 10:53 AM

1,474 posts, read 3,056,553 times
We usually buy a live pig and then slaughter it ourselves. It's more fun that way.

Old 07-12-2014, 02:16 PM

16,408 posts, read 33,292,576 times
Have you ever seen the corpse of a roasted whole pig? It's disgusting! How anyone can have an appetite to eat that after looking at it is beyond me! My friend's little kid saw one at a party and she actually threw up and was crying so uncontrollably, they had to leave the party. Why would anyone want something like that? Gross! Caterers tend to prefer to do the roasting ONSITE from raw corpse to crispy critter ... they don't generally just "deliver" the whole corpse already cooked, although I suppose they could.

Old 07-12-2014, 02:24 PM

1,474 posts, read 3,056,553 times
I like to pretend I'm one of the kids from Lord of the Flies and kill it and cook it.

Old 07-12-2014, 07:03 PM

7,296 posts, read 11,858,718 times
Call Tasty Roast House in Flushing (59-16 Main St.). They and similar restaurants in Flushing sell roast pig by the pound but maybe they can get you the whole one if you order in advance.

I also heard that Butcher Bar in Astoria can provide roast pigs to order.

Location and Contact » Butcher Bar

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
Have you ever seen the corpse of a roasted whole pig? It's disgusting! How anyone can have an appetite to eat that after looking at it is beyond me! My friend's little kid saw one at a party and she actually threw up and was crying so uncontrollably, they had to leave the party. Why would anyone want something like that? Gross!
You should try eating in Botin. LOL!

It's a popular dish in Spain, Italy, France, Puerto Rico, Philippines and China (Canton). I like it myself. Last one I ate was in Paris where they cooked the piglet in a rotisserie a-la Boston Market.

Filipinos have this technique where they stew the leftovers in vinegar and eat it for lunch the next day, or freeze and have for Sunday next week. Nothing goes to waste and still tastes excellent.

Last edited by Forest_Hills_Daddy; 07-12-2014 at 07:13 PM..

Old 07-12-2014, 10:21 PM

11,630 posts, read 12,691,000 times
Having a luau on the beach, Lubby?

Old 07-13-2014, 06:34 AM

8,679 posts, read 11,069,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Love_LI_but View Post
Have you ever seen the corpse of a roasted whole pig? It's disgusting! How anyone can have an appetite to eat that after looking at it is beyond me! My friend's little kid saw one at a party and she actually threw up and was crying so uncontrollably, they had to leave the party. Why would anyone want something like that? Gross! Caterers tend to prefer to do the roasting ONSITE from raw corpse to crispy critter ... they don't generally just "deliver" the whole corpse already cooked, although I suppose they could.
you must have some kind of culinary xenophobia

Old 07-13-2014, 06:45 AM

59 posts, read 138,545 times
I see you're from Islip....Islip meat market across the street from chase bank on Main Street sells a whole pig you need to do a special order. Islip meat market is closed on Sunday and Monday his phone number is 631-581-0676.

Old 07-13-2014, 02:41 PM

16,408 posts, read 33,292,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirtiger View Post
you must have some kind of culinary xenophobia
I cannot watch Andrew Zimmern's TV shows about Bizarre Foods!!! And I have to turn off Anthony Bourdain as well when he's munching on a specialty of eyes, buttholes, balls, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island