Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2014, 12:42 PM

480 posts, read 669,299 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AM78 View Post
You should look at Glen Cove. Pretty decent town (although I hear school's aren't great) & you'll probably find something in your price range. Taxes are pretty low too.
I know of that area. The bad schools are what makes us not want to live in that area and I've not been that impressed with homes that I've seen listed on sites. The fact that Locust Valley has great schools is worth it. I'm somewhat familiar with Locust Valley to a degree so I know the streets and the houses that homes have sold on based upon website listings and the ranges are exactly what we are looking for so if the interest rates stay the same within the next year or go up a little bit or show a steady incline then we are going to buy. And yes 13th St. to 10th St. isn't that great and we would not live in that area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2014, 02:16 PM

4,676 posts, read 9,994,516 times
Of the last 40 homes sold in LV, they ranged in sold price from $333,000 (taxes 9632) to $1,475,000.

$333,000 is on 12th Street.

PER LIMLS.

Old 08-28-2014, 02:16 PM

4,698 posts, read 8,762,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocngypz View Post
Of the last 40 homes sold in LV, they ranged in sold price from $333,000 (taxes 9632) to $1,475,000.

PER LIMLS.
that's crazy talk. He's done the research!

Old 08-28-2014, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocngypz View Post

PER LIMLS.
I've looked up sold houses in the last two years and a few that popped up were in the mid to late 200s and also the early 300s.

Old 08-28-2014, 02:33 PM

71 posts, read 159,602 times
I always thought Locust Valley was a high end area, did not know some houses there were selling in the 300s. Interest rates will almost certainly be higher a year from now. Also, I think that the home prices in Locust Valley & most good school districts on LI will also probably be up by around 5%, give or take a few.

Old 08-28-2014, 02:34 PM

Also within the next two years new listings are obviously going to pop up and we are going to be looking at those and considering all options from those price ranges. You never know what can happen in peoples lives such as divorces or deaths and that leads to people having to sell homes. So I'm okay with people thinking what they want because I feel that we will find something and be happy with something.

Old 08-28-2014, 02:34 PM

1,474 posts, read 3,058,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIQUEST View Post
I've looked up sold houses in the last two years and a few that popped up were in the mid to late 200s and also the early 300s.
There's so much more to it than that. They could've been gutted and needed 100K of work done to make it habitable (that means livable), they could've been sold to a family member at a reduced price, they could've been a short sale. Why don't you do what I and so many have told you and get a buyers agent? It won't cost you a dime. Your ignorance in this matter is so dramatic no one believes you will ever own a home. You're just not mentally competent to do so. A buyers agent will be a great help to you.

Old 08-28-2014, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AM78 View Post
I always thought Locust Valley was a high end area, did not know some houses there were selling in the 300s. Interest rates will almost certainly be higher a year from now. Also, I think that the home prices in Locust Valley & most good school districts on LI will also probably be up by around 5%, give or take a few.
Which is why we are considering buying in early 2015. I did not realize for many months how much we can afford and so we are working out budgeting and realizing that we can afford these homes.

Old 08-28-2014, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBitterness View Post
There's so much more to it than that. They could've been gutted and needed 100K of work done to make it habitable (that means livable), they could've been sold to a family member at a reduced price, they could've been a short sale. Why don't you do what I and so many have told you and get a buyers agent? It won't cost you a dime. Your ignorance in this matter is so dramatic no one believes you will ever own a home. You're just not mentally competent to do so. A buyers agent will be a great help to you.
All I am doing right now is called research. We are not looking at a buyers agent as of yet but we will when the time is right. We are going to go to a bank soon and work out the numbers officially with someone and see how much we are prequalified for. You can think all you want about ignorance and me being dramatic but I go by the pace that I wish to go by.

Old 08-28-2014, 02:40 PM

1,474 posts, read 3,058,271 times
It's amazing how you come out here every single day looking for help from home owners (did I mention I own my house outright) and yet you turn your nose up at their advice and say you will do it your way. My 3 year old daughter is more mature than you. Personally I feel this is all BS and your way of getting kicks cause no one could be so ignorant and blow off people's good advice if they were for real.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island