Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2015, 12:22 PM

11,445 posts, read 10,575,261 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by peconic117 View Post
There are exceptions everywhere, and I cant speak to Ecuador, but in Mexico the vast majority of the rich ruling class is most certainly light skinned European descent.
There are plenty of upper class mestizos in Mexico as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2015, 03:52 PM

5,314 posts, read 4,821,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by l1995 View Post
There are plenty of upper class mestizos in Mexico as well.
Of course there are some but the vast majority are poverty stricken.

Old 05-07-2015, 04:05 PM

20,320 posts, read 21,159,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarl View Post
10 pages. Easy.
Do I win a prize or something?

Old 05-07-2015, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peconic117 View Post
Of course there are some but the vast majority are poverty stricken.
I wouldn't say the vast majority, I think I remember reading that about half of Mexico's population is middle class, so I'm guessing a little less than half of the population is in poverty. That's still a high poverty rate overall, but a big chunk of the country lives comfortably.

Old 05-07-2015, 05:57 PM

3,852 posts, read 4,542,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoyfulHope View Post
Trinidad&Tobago is a country where blacks are not at the bottom. Trinidad is around 40% South Asian, 40% Black and 20% Mixed and the blacks there have a much higher median income than both the Asians and Mixed people on average.

Source: Afro Trinis earning more | Trinidad Express Newspaper | News
South Asian? They're Native Americans, not Vietnamese. Yeah, blacks do tend to do better than natives, particularly since Trinidad is an oil rich nation (kinda like how oil "civilized" the Arab world).

Old 05-07-2015, 06:01 PM

3,852 posts, read 4,542,301 times
Quote:
Not entirely true, I have wealthy family in Ecuador and they're mestizo.

Also, I think you're ignonant on this subject and possibly basing some of these assumptions off that "IQ and the Wealth of Nations" book. That book is a bunch of garbage for reasons I've mentioned earlier.
Never read that one. I recommend 'The Bell Curve' or 'A Troublesome Inheritance'. Of course, those have detractors as well but the social sciences are controlled by liberals whose livelihoods depend on the equality myth so take their quibbling with a block of salt.

Old 05-07-2015, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interlude View Post
Never read that one. I recommend 'The Bell Curve' or 'A Troublesome Inheritance'. Of course, those have detractors as well but the social sciences are controlled by liberals whose livelihoods depend on the equality myth so take their quibbling with a block of salt.
All I'm saying is that you should look at the sources that many of the IQ figures frequently cited by "racial realists" come from.

Old 05-07-2015, 06:32 PM

1,712 posts, read 2,929,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Interlude View Post
South Asian? They're Native Americans, not Vietnamese. Yeah, blacks do tend to do better than natives, particularly since Trinidad is an oil rich nation (kinda like how oil "civilized" the Arab world).
Actually, when he/she mentioned South Asians, they actually did mean South Asians and not natives.

People with ancestry from India make up the largest percentage of the Trinidadian population.

Old 05-07-2015, 06:47 PM

5,314 posts, read 4,821,915 times
Quote:
I wouldn't say the vast majority, I think I remember reading that about half of Mexico's population is middle class, so I'm guessing a little less than half of the population is in poverty. That's still a high poverty rate overall, but a big chunk of the country lives comfortably.
50% is a horrendous poverty rate. Hence our illegal alien issues.

Old 05-10-2015, 11:40 AM

16,408 posts, read 33,409,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveBeingAMommy View Post
John, Herricks SD is over 55% Asian now. Very safe area to live in. Real estate isn't reserved for anyone. Sociological factors come into play. I'm not going to move my family into Roosevelt just to balance out towns so you can have a better shot with public transportation. You're talking all the time about what's bringing your neighborhood down. Do you really think rich, white folks are to blame for that?
Are you sure?

I hear the tongs and the Ghost Shadows gang are moving in over there. Not to mention Asian business people setting up massage parlors, brothels, nail salons, Chinese takeout food joints, and "hot and cold bed" houses (where one worker who does the night shift sleeps in the bed in the day and one worker who does the day shift sleeps in the bed at night with each bedroom stacked with as many bunk beds as it can fit) to employ (enslave) illegal aliens who need to pay off a ridiculous sum of money for being smuggled in illegally.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island