Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2015, 12:45 PM

659 posts, read 2,517,467 times

Advertisements

I have not seen any illegal flophouses in Levittown. There are some illegal apartments, but not illegal alien migrant workers. Most are multigeneration mother/daughter type homes where the grandparents live with the family. If you look at the school and town demographics, it is obvious the OP is very incorrect.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2015, 01:05 PM

1,580 posts, read 1,989,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by llama8 View Post
I have not seen any illegal flophouses in Levittown. There are some illegal apartments, but not illegal alien migrant workers. Most are multigeneration mother/daughter type homes where the grandparents live with the family. If you look at the school and town demographics, it is obvious the OP is very incorrect.
A lot of mother daughters, also regular illegal rentals. I've never know Levittown to be an illegal alien hotspot. East Meadow, yes. Parts of it.

Old 05-15-2015, 04:48 PM

11,025 posts, read 7,840,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by haywood16 View Post
When I see a house with 16 satellite dishes and 9 cars parked in the driveway its not that hard to figure out. Don't play Mr Liberal on me.
Call me names if it makes you feel better, I'd rather deal with facts. Tell me again how living conditions would appear different for two brothers from say, Poland or Turkey or Guatemala who moved to the US and one had a green card and the other didn't.

Old 05-15-2015, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMalo View Post
I don't know about Levittown but those stereotypical characteristics of an illegal multifamily house are very accurate and common.

Apparently Direct TV doesn't require a credit check and you can pay the year up front, hence illegals (don't have SSN) tend to go with satellite TV. If someone moves out and leaves the dish the next person gets a new dish and the company never bothers to take the old one.

Another obvious one is a house with 5 or 6 cars in front of it with various PA, NC, SC RI license plates on the cars. The reason for this is in other states you can walk into a pharmacy and register you car with basically no proof of id. You pay the insurance premium up front for the six months and you can register the car. NY DMV wants your first born child to register a car...

I live in Islip and if I drive around near the train tracks there are several houses exactly like he described. I don't think its a stereotype or exaggeration. Those are red flags and Code Enforcement should be looking into them.
None of what you cite requires a green card or any proof of citizenship.

Old 05-15-2015, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kokonutty View Post
Call me names if it makes you feel better, I'd rather deal with facts. Tell me again how living conditions would appear different for two brothers from say, Poland or Turkey or Guatemala who moved to the US and one had a green card and the other didn't.
Let's be honest here...people with the legal right to be here aren't packing them in like sardines and sleeping in shifts.

Old 05-15-2015, 11:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveBeingAMommy View Post
Let's be honest here...people with the legal right to be here aren't packing them in like sardines and sleeping in shifts.
Let's be honest here - there is no way in hell how anyone can tell by looking at two immigrants which one is documented and which one is not. Seeing that there are far more documented immigrants in the United States than undocumented the vast generalization of "illegals" is more often than not simply wrong.

Old 05-16-2015, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Let's be honest here - there is no way in hell how anyone can tell by looking at two immigrants which one is documented and which one is not. Seeing that there are far more documented immigrants in the United States than undocumented the vast generalization of "illegals" is more often than not simply wrong.
You asked how living conditions would be different for one brother allowed to be here and another who wasn't. I told you a good indicator: sleeping in shifts and packing them in. Out of state tags from certain states such as NC and RI,metc. Whether you can tell by looking at them? Well, now you've changed the question.

Old 05-16-2015, 11:13 AM

5,292 posts, read 4,771,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LICDForumbites View Post
Sweeping exaggeration AND sterotype, but anyone challenging the premise is being "Mr. Liberal?"
So where is the example of this 16 satellite, 9 car compound in Levittown?!
There are many towns that have illegal alien flophouse issues. Levittown is not one of them.

Old 05-16-2015, 07:27 PM

1,085 posts, read 1,500,512 times
Quote:
If you read my original post it say illegal aliens and OTHERS. But the liberal in you couldn't help only see the illegal aliens part.

Old 05-16-2015, 07:29 PM

1,085 posts, read 1,500,512 times
Quote:

...I seriously doubt you pay taxes BTW. Illegal aliens no matter where they are from are a burden on this country and middle class taxpayers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island