Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2016, 02:51 PM

20,936 posts, read 28,426,121 times

Advertisements

This is a troll for sure because there are several other ridiculous threads by this person. I especially love the beach thread LOL. The OP had not responded to any of their posts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2016, 02:55 PM

What I want to know is if I keep my internet and phone with Cable is there an alternative to cable TV? OOMA, roku, Hulu? My bill is close to 170 a month for all 3 services, I have the Movie package but it's the same movies all of the time. I tried to negotiate with cable and if I got rid of the movie package I'd be saving $15 a month, big deal! My husband's must have channels are MLB network, Yes, Velocity and History channel.

Old 02-22-2016, 03:09 PM

252 posts, read 420,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lubby View Post
What I want to know is if I keep my internet and phone with Cable is there an alternative to cable TV? OOMA, roku, Hulu? My bill is close to 170 a month for all 3 services, I have the Movie package but it's the same movies all of the time. I tried to negotiate with cable and if I got rid of the movie package I'd be saving $15 a month, big deal! My husband's must have channels are MLB network, Yes, Velocity and History channel.
OOMA is phone service. Not TV.

There are a bunch of streaming services that you can get programming from although most do not offer LIVE TV.

As for YES network (yankees) currently there is no way to watch without a cable/satellite subscription.

MLB.TV is a streaming option but as of this time, if you live in the NY area you will be blacked out of Mets and Yankees games.

Old 02-22-2016, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossman140 View Post
OOMA is phone service. Not TV.

There are a bunch of streaming services that you can get programming from although most do not offer LIVE TV.

As for YES network (yankees) currently there is no way to watch without a cable/satellite subscription.

MLB.TV is a streaming option but as of this time, if you live in the NY area you will be blacked out of Mets and Yankees games.
Thanks for the input

Old 02-22-2016, 05:46 PM

4,698 posts, read 8,762,096 times
the general rule of thumb (for now) is that cutting the cord doesn't quite work if you want to have MSG, SNY, YES, etc.

Old 02-23-2016, 01:17 PM

252 posts, read 420,067 times
Quote:
I did some digging on this.

There is a service that MAY be available to you. Playstation VUE. There is a package where you would indeed get local LIVE TV from CBS, NBC, and FOX and Channel 9. No ABC or ESPN. Plus they do have the YES network. No MLB network though.

You do not need a Playstation console. You can use Amazon Fire TV box or stick.

Old 02-23-2016, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossman140 View Post
I did some digging on this.

There is a service that MAY be available to you. Playstation VUE. There is a package where you would indeed get local LIVE TV from CBS, NBC, and FOX and Channel 9. No ABC or ESPN. Plus they do have the YES network. No MLB network though.

You do not need a Playstation console. You can use Amazon Fire TV box or stick.
Thanks

Old 02-23-2016, 03:47 PM

20,050 posts, read 20,861,844 times
Fios is better product.
Cable can be cheaper.
I miss Fios dearly. Cable really sucks but it's cheap after I beat them up when the promo expired. Fios is relentlessly trying to woo me back with some attractive offers(for their norm rates)but it still ends up a little more than my current cable bill due to the extra taxes they have to charge.

Old 02-24-2016, 08:26 AM

16,966 posts, read 34,722,949 times
Quote:
This is a troll for sure because there are several other ridiculous threads by this person. I especially love the beach thread LOL. The OP had not responded to any of their posts.
Yeppers.

Old 02-25-2016, 08:15 AM

29 posts, read 29,265 times
Right now I am not enjoying FIOS, I did when they first came on board several years ago. Looking forward to going back to Optimum. I think, but not sure, the reason why I have poor internet service is because they reused old external cables that I had sitting around the house for at least 2 years. The idea was to save money with the installation. If they are willing to change the external cables, I might stay, it's a nuisance to keep switching for me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island