Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-27-2016, 05:31 PM

5,292 posts, read 4,772,847 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by warren zee View Post
Actually, I am an independent. I was a Bernie Sanders supporter, but since he is not running, I am casting my vote for Hillary Clinton.

Trump is unpredictable and inexperienced. I would not trust him with the nuclear code. He might want to fool around with it.

And yes. He's a racist. I never thought that all Republicans or conservatives were bigots.

The Bush family isn't endorsing him. Mitt Romney isn't either. Nor is former Republican New Jersey Governor Christine Todd Whitman.

Oh...but Sarah Palin is.

I rest my case.
The fact that those RINO GOPe schills didn't endorse him is one of the major reasons he won the Nom in the first place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2016, 06:40 PM

1,085 posts, read 1,500,810 times
Quote:
Actually, I am an independent. I was a Bernie Sanders supporter, but since he is not running, I am casting my vote for Hillary Clinton..
Supporting the establishment loyal to Goldman Sachs.

Old 09-27-2016, 07:14 PM

3,852 posts, read 4,520,698 times
Quote:
Actually, I am an independent. I was a Bernie Sanders supporter, but since he is not running, I am casting my vote for Hillary Clinton.
Bernie and Hillary couldn't have been further apart on the major issues like reigning in Wall St, trade deals, and foreign interventions. That's some pretty intense cognitive dissonance you've got there.

Quote:
Trump is unpredictable and inexperienced. I would not trust him with the nuclear code. He might want to fool around with it.

Where does this come from? Hillary has actually presided over and voted for several disasterous foreign wars, is threatening to create a no-fly zone in Syria which could draw us into war with Russia, and wants to invade Iran. She has the support of mostly all of the warhawk neoconservatives like Wolfowitz who want to keep us bombing the Middle East forever.

Quote:
And yes. He's a racist. I never thought that all Republicans or conservatives were bigots.
Decades of public life and he was never called a racist until he ran against Hillary. Doesn't matter anyway, the term has lost all meaning seeing as how every Republican candidate has been called Hitler since GWB.

Quote:
The Bush family isn't endorsing him. Mitt Romney isn't either. Nor is former Republican New Jersey Governor Christine Todd Whitman.

Oh...but Sarah Palin is.

I rest my case.
I hate all of those people and don't want their endorsement.

Old 09-27-2016, 07:20 PM

731 posts, read 725,281 times
Hey Warren Zipforbrains....you rested your case when you stated you supported Bernie Sanders.

Old 09-27-2016, 07:48 PM

2,202 posts, read 4,329,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChalkItUp View Post
Since you like to read anti Trump BS maybe enlighten your jaded mind with how the Clinton Foundation collected over $5 BILLION from suckers promising to rebuild Haiti after the 2010 earthquake and they did nothing. Nada. Zip. Zilch. Squat. How anyone can still consider voting for this vile and corrupt thief is mindboggling. Nah not really....50% of this country are morons.
Don't forget, those who resort to name calling not only relinquish the high ground but the argument itself.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...s-never-built/

Old 09-27-2016, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TransplantedFloridian View Post
It was a failed business venture. It happens. The man has an obligation to his shareholders to make the company as much money as possible. Not to mention, he was essentially only involved in Trump University in name only. I don't believe for a second he intended to defraud anyone, but that he only saw a possible business opportunity. Meanwhile, it has been repeatedly shown that Hillary has been intentionally careless, reckless, fraudulent and a liar. Trump is an obnoxious lout. Hillary belongs in prison.
"In a deposition for a lawsuit filed in New York, Sexton describes how he took the idea to Donald Trump through an intermediary and how Trump became so impressed with the business model, the billionaire invested $3 million and took a controlling interest."

Most, reasonable people would say a "controlling interest" is more than "in name only".

Donald Trump under oath: Trump University's promises crumble - May. 27, 2016

Old 09-27-2016, 08:23 PM

8,518 posts, read 3,757,549 times
He lost me at "stop and frisk"...... How many of you would like to be stopped and frisked on your way to work? Is this America? I have never heard an American president EVER propose such a dystopian federal policy . Maybe I am wrong . My republican neighbors out there please explain this to me.

Old 09-27-2016, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
Good point. They are in the minority, these ignorant modern day "no nothings" oppose critical thinking and higher education - but love reality shows and "people who tell it like it is".

Brilliant post.
sheena12, if you're referring to the anti-immigrant political party of the 1850's or Sgt. Schultz of Hogan's Heroes, it's "Know Nothing".

Old 09-27-2016, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfriqueNY View Post
Long island is a republican area. I am not surprised that they will support their nominee..... I remember the good old days when my elders would lie and say they were republicans (register) just so they could get favorable treatment from local gov and town Beauracracy .
I'm not sure what "Long island is a republican area" refers. There are more registered Democrats than Republicans/Conservatives. Perhaps there are more elected Republican than Democratic officials?

I have been told (by gov't employees) that Oyster Bay and Smithtown officials do look at voter registrations rolls in consideration of hiring and certain other favourable treatment. Being a registered Republican has certain advantages.

Old 09-27-2016, 09:29 PM

24,122 posts, read 32,484,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Interlude View Post
Whoah, put those claws away cat lady!
Something coming out of your nose? Just sniff.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island