Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2016, 06:11 PM

513 posts, read 837,597 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by haywood16 View Post
Only real free media these days is Alternative media, Alex Jones, Paul Joseph Watson, Breibart...etc.
Finally! Someone speaking up for the Fish Babies!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2016, 08:43 PM

13,055 posts, read 18,116,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monstermagnet View Post
You DO realize Trump has no desire to be President, right? He wants to be Michael Bloomberg. Already working on a right wing TV news network to bring down Fox. He, Roger Ailes and Ivanka's husband (i.e "pooty grabbers 1 and 2" and the son in law). Ailes wants revenge for his ouster and Trump wants that media empire money he sees Bloomberg with. It made complete sense the minute he hired Roger Ailes. This has never been about winning the White House, its about hyping the Trump brand, consolidating all the Hard Right news junkies and cashing in. OF COURSE he's blaming the media now!! His new network is going to be THE ANSWER to the "left wing Jew controlled Hillary Machine!!"........kinda genius really. I'm sure there will be a place for the Breitbart contingent in his campaign. All part of the same plan.
See, I disagree here. He is not accustomed to losing. I think a loss damages his brand, so I think that he could have gotten his TV network without running for president. Let's face it. Fox has suffered some major losses this year. Roger Ailes, Gretchen Carlson, Greta Von Sustern and Megan Kelly's future seems in question too. They seem ripe for the picking now and I think it makes perfect business sense for them to be involved.

It is all cyclical, MSNBC went through upheaval a while back as did CNN.

Old 10-17-2016, 09:03 PM

22,190 posts, read 19,462,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by limaman View Post
The fact that he is crude does not change the fact that some men engage in that type of talk.
Heck, some women do as well....
Let's stop the bull and pretend that NOBODY says some stupid things from time to time.
Have you ever been in a locker room?
There is a reason why there are so many problems with athletes attacking their mates, getting groupies pregnant and the like....
In the case of the Donald, I think it is all talk but I truly believed that he is probably very aggressive when he sees a woman that he likes...
Now if he attacked the women who are coming forward, it is a different story as it is a criminal matter.
However, with the exception of the woman whom he supposibly attacked on an airplane some 30 years ago, I found it weird that none of the women came out sooner.
In anycase, it is very doubtfull that he will be president but there is a very high probability that he will win Long Island, like it or not.
A Republican Presidential candidate hasn't won Long Island since 1988, granted its usually fairly close, but it has been six cycles in a row, Trump isn't going to be the one to break that...

Old 10-18-2016, 06:32 AM

5,519 posts, read 7,109,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Fox News is pretty much the only network he appears on, who do you think created the monster.
He is now reduced to Fox and Friends and Sean Hannity, he has turned on the network that helped him spring to life.
One America News devotes their entire prime time to Donald's rallies.

Old 10-18-2016, 06:43 AM

2,589 posts, read 1,825,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuts2uiam View Post
See, I disagree here. He is not accustomed to losing. I think a loss damages his brand, so I think that he could have gotten his TV network without running for president. Let's face it. Fox has suffered some major losses this year. Roger Ailes, Gretchen Carlson, Greta Von Sustern and Megan Kelly's future seems in question too. They seem ripe for the picking now and I think it makes perfect business sense for them to be involved.

It is all cyclical, MSNBC went through upheaval a while back as did CNN.

Disagree all you like. It's a given. Jared Kushner (Ivanka's husband) is the guy behind the thrrone and was a newspaper owner in NY (The Observer, very, very conservative...a favorite of Hasidic Jews). Trump adds Bannon, Ailes and Hannity to his circle?! C'mon. It's couldn't be clearer what's next. Apparently today the news outlets are catching on.

On a completely unrelated note, I find it bemusing that both daughters Ivanka and Chelsea married Jewish men and converted to Judaism for them. Maybe Bernie could be President! lol

Evidence is mounting that Donald Trump will launch his own TV network when he loses the election

Donald Trump cable network would rock media world | Boston Herald

Trump TV! Donald's Family In Talks To Launch Media Empire - Radar Online

Report: Donald Trump's son-in-law talking about setting up 'Trump TV' - Oct. 17, 2016

Would Donald Trump's New TV Network Succeed? - The Atlantic

Last edited by monstermagnet; 10-18-2016 at 07:00 AM..

Old 10-18-2016, 07:05 AM

3,852 posts, read 4,520,065 times
Quote:
Fox News is pretty much the only network he appears on, who do you think created the monster.
He is now reduced to Fox and Friends and Sean Hannity, he has turned on the network that helped him spring to life.
One thing this election has done is draw attention to the true colors of the media. Fox on the whole was all too happy to support the kind of "conservatism" that conserves nothing except tax cuts for your boss, open borders, egregiously bad trade deals, and wars in the middle east funded by deficits. Those kind of people - e.g. the Bush neocons responsible for Iraq etc. - are mostly supporting Hillary these days. The type of quasi-nationalism supported by Trump is anathema to the Democrat/Republican globalist uniparty.

It's rather remarkable that he's done as well as he has with nearly the entire media aligned against him, but that's partly indicative of their waning influence in the age of the Internet.

Old 10-18-2016, 11:06 AM

2,045 posts, read 1,890,258 times
https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...fae_story.html

Food for thought.

Old 10-19-2016, 11:08 AM

3,288 posts, read 2,359,123 times
Quote:
What a silly response! While he only does appear on Fox, many of them challenge a lot of what he says. Some of them are as tough on him as they are on Hillary. That is a lot more than the other stations act toward her. She should be grilled on all of the leaked stuff that has been revealed on her. But, no one at CNN, CNBC, etc say a word. All they care about is something Trump said in 1995, as if nearly every other man of such power, wealth and celebrity has said. Who even cares. I would rather have someone who said some crude things to women fixing the economy rather than a complete gentleman who does nothing. BTW, he was a private citizen and still is. His actions have nothing to do with the American people. Hillary worked for US! She broke tons of constitutional laws while getting paid by us. Her and her husband's actions were done as public servants who were supposed to be looking out for our best interests. Trump has never had any obligations to us as a country. Apples and Oranges.

Old 10-19-2016, 11:13 AM

2,045 posts, read 1,890,258 times
You've heard Trump's words about women, Hispanics, Muslims. For simplicity, let's stick to women. You've heard him say the things he's said about the things he's said he's done. And then you heard the accusations that have come out, which amount to "he did to me what he's said he does to women."

Do you think he doesn't REALLY treat women that way and/or see them as lesser human beings?

- or that he does but you agree with him about women?

- or that he does, and you don't agree, but think it's okay for the president to treat female citizens that way?

- or that he does, and it's not okay, but it isn't a big deal because Bill Clinton has accusers too and that somehow cancels out what Trumps does/says?

- or that he does, and it's not okay, but Hillary Clinton and Johnson are SO bad on the issues that you're saying, "advocating sexual assault is not as bad as Johnson's tax plan"?

- or that he does, and it's not okay, but you don't care because it doesn't impact you?

- or...?

I'm not trying to goad, but I can't even think of how to ask the question in a non-goading manner. I'll tell you what led me to the question. I was driving around rural NJ and saw a few houses with Trump Pence signs on their lawns, and I played out a scenario in my head in a day dream wherein some Democrat activist went around to all those signs and next to them added signs that said, "Put women in their place!" Then I imagined the angry response to that, followed by the question being asked of how they can advocate for Trump/Pence but take issue with the notion that they're supporting the concept of female inferiority. How are you able to reconcile "I support Trump" with "I believe in gender inequality"? (If you do.)

Old 10-19-2016, 11:52 AM

3,288 posts, read 2,359,123 times
I know plain ordinary guys with a lot of money, or guys in bands who were nothing but local girls dont care. All of them think they can get what they want from girls. Many times, they are right. I see it. Nearly every guy would think the same way except they don't have the money, the power or the band. So, he is no difference than anyone. While I dont agree with it, it is far more common than you think. Don't act like you don't all ready know that.

I think the accusers are full of it. Where were they for the past 10 years. Why would a multi millionaire subject himself to dozens of lawsuits by groping women. Either way, it has nothing to do with our economy or our country. He obviously loves women (he married three of them) and treats his female employees well. Contrast that with Bill Clinton who used his power to do far worse than what Trump has been accused of, He got a blow job from a 20 year old intern in the Oval Office. That's ok, huh? Even after he looked directly into the tv camera and lied to the entire country that he didnt have sex with Monica Lewinski. He paid Paula Jone? $850,000 settlement after admitting to violating her. The difference between Trump and CLinton is that Clinton was accused for a span of 20 years. Some he has been guilty of. He was impeached. He was disbarred. His wife stuck by him and called all of those "liars" part of the vast Right Wing conspiracy even though she knew he was guilty. So, she treats women far worse than he does. Especially victims of sexual assault. She called them all liars. If they are, then these new claims against Trump are far more lies.

I agree about his stance on Muslims. They got to be vetted and even locked out for now. We did it to the Japanese after Pearl Harbor. We surely should not bring in 550% more than we were going to. WHat would be the reason for that? Keep them all in some safe area outside of here. All Muslims are not terrorists but all terrorists (these days) are Muslims. Have some common sense.

He is right about the Mexicans coming in illegally according to our COnstitution but since Obama and Hillary dont refer to that piece of scrap paper, they choose to not enfore the law of the land. WHat good comes out of illegals swarming in to our country. They should be picked up and thrown out. I don't care if they have been here for 10 years with roots and families. Tough crap! They are squatters. Its the same as you going on vacation and a family said they are now living in your house. You will continue to pay the mortgage, the utility bills, the food bills, etc. but they are living here. You cannot think of getting them evicted because that would be mean. Wah Wah Wah.

They are all crooks. They are taking my money and my children's future money to be able to stay here. I wouldn't ship them back. I would throw them in a jail in the desert with no a\c. They get water and crumbs and nothing else Their only way out is for their Mexican families to pick them up because I am not paying their way back home. Does that sound like I am racist? Well, I am not. It is the law of the land. Plain and simple. No ifs, ands or buts. They are criminals the minute they crossed the border and have no regard for our laws or culture.

Trump is far from perfect. I would say that character is out of the question in this election. Neither candidate has it (he is still better than her) but I care about this issues. Based on her failure as doing anything good for this country, I default to him. Her crappy decisions impact me far more than anything he has ever done.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island