Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2008, 09:09 AM

1,919 posts, read 7,109,989 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCGuy View Post
Listen, stop being so smug and arrogant. What if someone can't afford to shop here...it just shouldn't be an option is 100% of the population can't go. Stoopit LI'er...you're so rich, yet stoopy for living here.

As far as the mall, I hope they build it and I hope it's bigger than initial plans. Then, I hope that it and the Americana join forces to purchase all of the retail on LI and put a Gucci in every strip mall. That would be SWEET!
LOL, don't hate me b/c I'm beautiful (and have the cash to live, shop and enjoy life here)!

I totally agree, it would be sweet!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2008, 09:20 AM

1,359 posts, read 5,657,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glad2BHere View Post
LOL, don't hate me b/c I'm beautiful (and have the cash to live, shop and enjoy life here)!

I totally agree, it would be sweet!
Oh snap, yo...the "haters" will be all over this thread soon. Down with Wal-Mart, up with Louis! Let them shop Brooks! Wow, much like the BLI thread...I almost want to start shopping at these types of places now. I love this forum.

Old 03-03-2008, 09:21 AM

Soak it all in...

Americana Manhasset

Oyster Bay

Bask in the glory...

Old 03-03-2008, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Oh snap, yo...the "haters" will be all over this thread soon. Down with Wal-Mart, up with Louis! Let them shop Brooks! Wow, much like the BLI thread...I almost want to start shopping at these types of places now. I love this forum.
Might I add, I think Wal-Mart is absolutely vile and disgusting. I have seen some scary creatures in Wal-Mart by the Source mall, the one or two times I stepped foot in (and ran right back out).

So I say "Build the mall at Oyster bay and they shall come!"

Still waiting for the Tanger Arches to open up. They are going to have a high end section of the Arches, did you know? I bet you will be headed there with your family. I know I will be with mine.

Last edited by Glad2BHere; 03-03-2008 at 09:42 AM..

Old 03-03-2008, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Soak it all in...

Americana Manhasset

Oyster Bay

Bask in the glory...
Speaking of AMericana Manhasset, did you know they are revamping Cippolini? Did you ever try Cippolini express? I suggest you go in and grab a coffee or a wrap, or one of their amazing Frappes.

I was in there the other day, grabbed a Ceasar Chicken Salad and read the paper. Americana (and Cippolini) is wonderful.

Last edited by Glad2BHere; 03-03-2008 at 09:49 AM..

Old 03-03-2008, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glad2BHere View Post
Might I add, I think Wal-Mart is absolutely vile and disgusting. I have seen some scary creatures in Wal-Mart by the Source mall, the one or two times I stepped foot in (and ran right back out). And wouldn't ya know it, when I visited friends of mine in "the promise land state everyone seems to be scrambling to" the local Wal-Mart was just as vile and disgusting.

So I say "Build the mall at Oyster bay and they shall come!"
C'mon, Wal-Mart is AWE-SOME. It is odd, though, how WM and Target seem to have totally different clientele (yes, this was talked about here before).

The Mall will do quite well when it's built and all those complainers will love having all that new tax renenue coming in. Nassau will love the boost in sales tax I would think there will be.

Old 03-04-2008, 12:31 PM

210 posts, read 671,639 times
Quote:
The Mall will do quite well when it's built and all those complainers will love having all that new tax renenue coming in. Nassau will love the boost in sales tax I would think there will be.
Tax revenue is a good incentive, but will people be buying ADDITIONAL goods, or just shifting their shopping from Broadway, Roosevelt Field or Walt Whitman?

Also... what kind of tax abatement is the developer getting? There's some sweetheart deal out there... always is!

Old 03-04-2008, 02:45 PM

248 posts, read 873,424 times
If you build it, they will shop I second the notion about WalMart vs. Target..I'm a Target shopper

Old 03-05-2008, 11:32 AM

16,966 posts, read 34,722,949 times
Quote:
Soak it all in...

Americana Manhasset

Oyster Bay

Bask in the glory...
I worked a block away from Americana back in the mid 80's. I could easily have blown most of my paycheck during lunch hour. Oh what fun it was to be young, single and living at home LOL

It wasn't half as incredible then as it is now.

Old 03-05-2008, 11:43 AM

25 posts, read 208,611 times
personally hope it gets built, because right now the entire property is an eyesore. but i can sympathize with the people who live in the neighborhoods directly borderline to it (Robbins Lane, etc.) because of the extra traffic.

i think they are still trying to fight the construction, but don't know the current status.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island