Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2017, 12:18 PM

2,897 posts, read 4,408,508 times

Advertisements

Sentricon system is the biggest pos system out there. Let them take it. I bet they don't.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2017, 12:19 PM

45 posts, read 48,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by In the sandtrap View Post
I don't understand why everyone thinks the original poster should give it back. The OP purchased the house and that was part of the house. Unless the seller had him sign an agreement for the traps at the closing the purchaser paid for the traps as part of the purchasing the house. It sounds like to me the seller should be liable since he had the contract for the traps and got the benefit from selling the house including the traps.
Exactly my point.

the question remains... what does the law hold?

Old 12-04-2017, 12:35 PM

732 posts, read 884,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorman View Post
I disagree that it belongs to them.
They'll put a lien on your home then you'll agree.

Old 12-04-2017, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by In the sandtrap View Post
I don't understand why everyone thinks the original poster should give it back. The OP purchased the house and that was part of the house. Unless the seller had him sign an agreement for the traps at the closing the purchaser paid for the traps as part of the purchasing the house. It sounds like to me the seller should be liable since he had the contract for the traps and got the benefit from selling the house including the traps.
It was not owned by the previous seller and the seller probably forgot about it

Old 12-04-2017, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ubering View Post
They'll put a lien on your home then you'll agree.
so I guess that is my question

Can they just put a lien on my property based on having a contract with the last owner?

Old 12-04-2017, 01:29 PM

2,685 posts, read 2,330,522 times
Quote:
so I guess that is my question

Can they just put a lien on my property based on having a contract with the last owner?
Just let them take it, sentricon is expensive takes 12-24 months to eliminate the colony. Get Taurus SC lasts 8-10 years its cheap you have to dig a little no biggie.

Old 12-04-2017, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gx89 View Post
Just let them take it, sentricon is expensive takes 12-24 months to eliminate the colony. Get Taurus SC lasts 8-10 years its cheap you have to dig a little no biggie.
That system is illegal in New York

Sentricon has been in ground already and is paid for...

my legal question remains, can they put a lean on my house?

Old 12-04-2017, 01:57 PM

2,897 posts, read 4,408,508 times
Quote:

Yes they can. You must be under 30 by the way you are acting. Just let them take it.

Old 12-04-2017, 02:10 PM

Quote:

The traps are not your property. It's their property on your property. The previous owner did not own them and had a contract with the exterminator. It is your duty to return it back to them or tell them to go after the previous owner.

You can wait and see if they put a lien or take you to court for not returning their property. Either way, you won't win.

There are other ways of getting termite pesticide and doing the treatment yourself which will save you thousands of dollars. You can buy your own bait on Amazon or Home Depot

If you want the bait system, I suggest you go in contract with them and negotiate to remove the "initial fee" since the bait systems are already in your land.

Old 12-04-2017, 02:20 PM

19,219 posts, read 17,095,590 times
OP did I miss the post where you stated that a contract has been provided that shows they own the traps? I don't think so although some posters are assuming that. Wait till you have written proof of what they are alleging then contact an attorney to proper clarification of what right they hold under that contract.

All the rest on here is speculation until then save the nuclear option till you speak with a lawyer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island