Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2018, 08:36 AM

1,143 posts, read 1,538,662 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pidge1114 View Post
Get off at exit 49 which says Huntington and then drive a half mile on the service road to Dix Hills. Instantly solves the problem to that ridiculous scenario
Just take the northern state. It’s more prestigious than the LIE.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2018, 09:06 AM

418 posts, read 367,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by S.I.B. View Post
Thanks! What would we do without you?
Well you'd have one less reputation point... that's what I get for raining my generosity down upon the world without reading ahead

Old 03-16-2018, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thgreatalex View Post
My husband wouldn’t move to Dix Hills because the exit on the LIE said Wyandanch ...
Not gonna lie, I lol'ed.

Old 03-16-2018, 09:13 AM

1,606 posts, read 2,964,645 times

Old 03-16-2018, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovi8 View Post
It was a concern for us when we were looking at Dix Hills / Deer Park. Carlls Straight Path was a known issue road and one house we looked at was only a couple blocks from it. We decided against it.
This makes sense to me (though I understand you remedied the name of the Rd a few posts later.) I'm currently having buyer's remorse after buying 6-10 blocks from sketch town. It's not that it didn't occur to us when home shopping, it's just that we kept changing our minds and flip flopping back and forth over how much it bothered us. I don't really care about resale, if we lose money that's that-- I just don't want to get slain in my bed (I'm picky like that). To make matters worse, the family we bought the house from had pictures of 2 kids on the wall and the headcount at the inspection and closing yielded 1.. (at this point you probably think this is a troll post but I'm, pardon the pun, dead serious). We scoured Google for the family's last name looking for obituaries, crime Doppler activity, etc, and found nothing.. and as a previous post suggests, 2 cop families have moved out of the area this winter. The conspiracy theory part of me speculates stuff night go down that isn't reported...... I'm nervous y'al! Calling on my dear friends @ CD to soothe me.

Other than the proximity to sketch town, it's a nice area, neighborhood, school district, and other 3 borders are good. Our house is deeply shrouded in a housing plan, so I keep relying on how random it would be to choose our house out of 100 others.

Old 03-16-2018, 09:41 AM

Newman!

Old 03-16-2018, 10:07 AM

149 posts, read 317,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thgreatalex View Post
My husband wouldn’t move to Dix Hills because the exit on the LIE said Wyandanch ... he is very particular about surrounding areas . We also avoided GC due to its proximity to Hempstead. We just didn’t want to be in a nice area surrounded by less desirable areas.
This is one of the most ridiculous things I've heard in a long time. And Wyandanch does not border Dix Hills - Wheatley Heights is in between.

Old 03-16-2018, 10:23 AM

4,698 posts, read 8,765,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abby Schmitters View Post
This makes sense to me (though I understand you remedied the name of the Rd a few posts later.) I'm currently having buyer's remorse after buying 6-10 blocks from sketch town. It's not that it didn't occur to us when home shopping, it's just that we kept changing our minds and flip flopping back and forth over how much it bothered us. I don't really care about resale, if we lose money that's that-- I just don't want to get slain in my bed (I'm picky like that). To make matters worse, the family we bought the house from had pictures of 2 kids on the wall and the headcount at the inspection and closing yielded 1.. (at this point you probably think this is a troll post but I'm, pardon the pun, dead serious). We scoured Google for the family's last name looking for obituaries, crime Doppler activity, etc, and found nothing.. and as a previous post suggests, 2 cop families have moved out of the area this winter. The conspiracy theory part of me speculates stuff night go down that isn't reported...... I'm nervous y'al! Calling on my dear friends @ CD to soothe me.

Other than the proximity to sketch town, it's a nice area, neighborhood, school district, and other 3 borders are good. Our house is deeply shrouded in a housing plan, so I keep relying on how random it would be to choose our house out of 100 others.
are you impaired in some way?

Old 03-16-2018, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.I.B. View Post
are you impaired in some way?
No. What does that mean, I should be able to stop a home invasion??

Old 03-16-2018, 10:28 AM

1,606 posts, read 2,964,645 times
Yeah come on man, don t you worry about the daily reports of people getting slain in their beds on Long Island?!

Oh wait....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island