Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-23-2018, 04:00 PM

8 posts, read 4,776 times

Advertisements

Hi. Looking for a new goto auto mechanic in the Levittown, Bethpage, Hicksville area. Thanks in advance for any referrals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2018, 03:31 AM

5 posts, read 7,407 times
There’s a few. Jimco is great. Jack and jimmy are really sweet and good people. They are on Hicksville rd just before the Wantagh ave split. Tnj is also awesome. Tommy is in farmingdale. On merits rd. Tell them Amanda from transmission technicians recommend you. They will take good care of you!

Old 05-24-2018, 05:49 AM

204 posts, read 297,108 times
Scorzelli in Bethpage. Very good. Not cheap, but it will be done the right way.

Old 05-24-2018, 08:28 AM

2,605 posts, read 3,403,359 times
Whatever you do stay away from the likes of Pepboys, Sears, Firestone or any other retail store that does automotive repairs. They will rip you off and do poor work, especially Pepboys. I think I've mentioned several times how they have been taking advantage of me for many years.

If you have the time, tools and some space you can do a lot of the work yourself and save A LOT of money. For instance brakes and rotors. You can get them done for under $200 if you do the work yourself. Shops will charge you anywhere from $600-$1000.

Old 05-24-2018, 09:48 AM

49 posts, read 40,350 times
Ricky's (or Ricky & Luis, depending on where you look it up) on Hicksville Rd in Seaford....right off 135. Very honest, very nice. Quality work and reasonable.

Old 05-24-2018, 08:35 PM

323 posts, read 199,545 times
Default Great Mechanic Recommendation...

Meineke Car Care Center at 3718 Hempstead Turnpike in Levittown is awesome! They saved me and my husband $600 and were very honest.

My husband took his car in for a simple oil change at our Toyota dealership and they gave him a list of things wrong with the car which included needing new brakes, rotors, new tires, etc... They said that these repairs were necessary and that the brakes were going to go shortly and it was dangerous to drive the car like that.

My husband took the car to Meineke and asked them to take a look at it and they put it on the lift and said nothing was wrong with it. They could have lied and took advantage of us, but were very honest. They have a cult following in the neighborhood and everybody we talk to takes their car there. We were so thankful that they saved us all that money by being honest. On another note, Westbury Toyota are a bunch of crooks and I will never bring my car back there again!

Old 05-24-2018, 09:40 PM

2,685 posts, read 2,330,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dk1111 View Post
Meineke Car Care Center at 3718 Hempstead Turnpike in Levittown is awesome! They saved me and my husband $600 and were very honest.

My husband took his car in for a simple oil change at our Toyota dealership and they gave him a list of things wrong with the car which included needing new brakes, rotors, new tires, etc... They said that these repairs were necessary and that the brakes were going to go shortly and it was dangerous to drive the car like that.

My husband took the car to Meineke and asked them to take a look at it and they put it on the lift and said nothing was wrong with it. They could have lied and took advantage of us, but were very honest. They have a cult following in the neighborhood and everybody we talk to takes their car there. We were so thankful that they saved us all that money by being honest. On another note, Westbury Toyota are a bunch of crooks and I will never bring my car back there again!

Not a fan of chains, that place is run well had good experience there also. Westbury Toyota blows. We only go there because they royally screwed up and they me a year extension on Toyota care. Once it's up I will never return.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island