Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2008, 12:34 PM

6,384 posts, read 13,161,099 times

Advertisements

I wish I could get directv KB. The NFL package is great!! But my development doesnt allow the dish.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2008, 02:34 PM

3,180 posts, read 10,544,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocafeller05 View Post
I wish I could get directv KB. The NFL package is great!! But my development doesnt allow the dish.
So thats why your moving....lol.

Yeah I'm a dolphins fan (long story) so its great even though they aren't!
The games in hi def are really impressive. Even my wife noticed how good the picture.......

Old 04-03-2008, 05:54 PM

Get out!! Im a life long Fins fan myself. Hey atleast we have a number 1 pick this year. lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kbinspections View Post
So thats why your moving....lol.

Yeah I'm a dolphins fan (long story) so its great even though they aren't!
The games in hi def are really impressive. Even my wife noticed how good the picture.......

Old 04-03-2008, 06:28 PM

8,816 posts, read 21,282,976 times
Even though Cablevision promises that their subscribers can qualify for the three-in-one savings as in all of the ads , I was told that I would not be able to obtain this discount. No reason was really given., I find this to be very deceptive.

People may not recall what you said to them, but they will always remember how you made them feel .

Old 04-03-2008, 06:50 PM

Same here Nancy. When I called they said I cant get that rate b/c I already have the triple play package. They say that deal is for current customers that do not have the triple play. Cablevision is such a monopoly. I cannot wait till my Fios is up and running.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancy thereader View Post
Even though Cablevision promises that their subscribers can qualify for the three-in-one savings as in all of the ads , I was told that I would not be able to obtain this discount. No reason was really given., I find this to be very deceptive.

Old 04-04-2008, 07:30 AM

244 posts, read 669,258 times
That's a bunch of BS from Cablevision. I guarantee you 100% that you CAN get the promo rate. It will be offerred to you by the retention department the moment you tell them you're cancelling and switching to FiOS.

I LOVE FIOS!

Old 04-04-2008, 09:05 AM

3,180 posts, read 10,544,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocafeller05 View Post
Get out!! Im a life long Fins fan myself. Hey atleast we have a number 1 pick this year. lol.
Thank God that Tuna cleaned house! Yeah , I got to watch every game last year, funny , I can only remember one of them....lol. Well I loved that the Pats choked and we still have our perfect season.

Old 04-14-2008, 03:36 PM

8,164 posts, read 15,146,109 times
Thumbs up Cable vs. Verizon

I worked for the cable companies for many years and still contract a little and can honestly say it matters what you are looking for.If you are going for a basic cable type package no hbo,etc... go with cable (triple play-cable,phone,internet for about $90-100). If you want the extras and all the pay stations go with fios. If you live in a high area or on a hill you will get less interference from trees in the spring and snow in the winter.The dishes need a clear view with no obstructions. The other thing to think about is every few years cable is regulated then deregulated which means there is a change in costs about every 3-4 years.HBO showtime charge cable and then they pass the cost on also the Dolan family is trying to improve the Knicks and with their new GM and new coach probably coming soon and probably alot of new players expect the Dolan family to jack up rates to cover Knicks salaries. The family is disgusting but this is what they do when not regulated. So honestly I would say Verizon. Even with a locked in contract if you really needed to get out you would just have to pay an early termination fee.
The install is a little different from cable to dish. Cable has a line coming in which can be split and then it is connected to a tv.Dish or Verizon has 2 wires an incoming and outgoing that connect to a box on your tv. When you order stuff or make choices the signal goes back and forth and all the wires connect to the dish.Cable just needs the single wire leaving,the return signals go through the same wire.

My own personal opinion VERIZON,good luck.

Old 04-14-2008, 04:39 PM

8,816 posts, read 21,282,976 times
That's a bunch of BS from Cablevision. I guarantee you 100% that you CAN get the promo rate. It will be offerred to you by the retention department the moment you tell them you're cancelling and switching to FiOS.

I was told that, too and I tried it and it did not work.

People may not recall what you said to them, but they will always remember how you made them feel .

Old 04-14-2008, 04:45 PM

148 posts, read 557,032 times
Anyone know if Fios is available in Miller Place/ Rocky Point area? I'm starting to get interested--especially since the Dolans ruined the Knicks and blocked the Jets from coming back to NY.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island