Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2019, 08:41 AM

3,288 posts, read 2,360,116 times

Advertisements

Altice One sucks. Cancelling tomorrow after returning in April. One nightmare after another. Last week, i had no DVR or channel guide. Chatted 10 times. No one could help. Of course, the end the chat in the two minutes it takes for you to get the serial number from the box.

Today, nearly every channel i watch says i could be watching within mutes if i upgrade. So i char. They disconnect me while waiting for me to grt the serial number even though i said it would be a few minutes. The next guy chatted for an hour. Upgrades, pairing, more upgrades, rebooting. Nothing. So, no tv until next saturday when someone can actually come when i am home. Unacceptible. Garbage equipment. Back to FIOS tomorrow. No problems with them other than having to get used to finding the channels i liked.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2019, 11:45 AM

2,685 posts, read 2,330,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trusso11783 View Post
Altice One sucks. Cancelling tomorrow after returning in April. One nightmare after another. Last week, i had no DVR or channel guide. Chatted 10 times. No one could help. Of course, the end the chat in the two minutes it takes for you to get the serial number from the box.

Today, nearly every channel i watch says i could be watching within mutes if i upgrade. So i char. They disconnect me while waiting for me to grt the serial number even though i said it would be a few minutes. The next guy chatted for an hour. Upgrades, pairing, more upgrades, rebooting. Nothing. So, no tv until next saturday when someone can actually come when i am home. Unacceptible. Garbage equipment. Back to FIOS tomorrow. No problems with them other than having to get used to finding the channels i liked.
I have fios they are the most incompetent humans on earth. Unless you call corporate it’s like talking to a glass of water.

Old 08-04-2019, 04:02 PM

3,288 posts, read 2,360,116 times
I only had Fios for 6 months but no technical issues. Worked great. We just couldnt get used to channels 500 - 700.

Old 08-04-2019, 07:34 PM

592 posts, read 919,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trusso11783 View Post
I only had Fios for 6 months but no technical issues. Worked great. We just couldnt get used to channels 500 - 700.
Get the Samsung boxes and ditch the Altice One. Buy your own modem and save $10 a month.

Old 08-05-2019, 10:07 AM

5,292 posts, read 4,772,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYTom View Post
This, to me, is such BS. It's their faulty equipment and they want to issue a repair charge???

My TV was pixelating like crazy this weekend, was on the phone for an hour with tech support (who never took ESL classes) and finally had to schedule a tech to come to the house. Appointment was set for yesterday, Sunday between 1-5pm. Had to stay home all day and wait, then they never showed up.
I was pi$$ed to say the least.

Ready to try Optimum/Altice.
If its a line on their end or their equipment is failing there should be no charge. If it is your home wiring however then its on you. Thats how it works.

Old 08-05-2019, 07:21 PM
exm

3,723 posts, read 1,781,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peconic117 View Post
If its a line on their end or their equipment is failing there should be no charge. If it is your home wiring however then its on you. Thats how it works.

They most of the time also install the home wiring. How does that work?

Old 08-07-2019, 07:30 AM

2,447 posts, read 1,220,813 times
As anyone taken a chance on their 64.99 lifetime deal. I can just imagine the fine print on that contract.

Old 08-07-2019, 10:30 AM

5,292 posts, read 4,772,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by exm View Post
They most of the time also install the home wiring. How does that work?
Well I can tell you this they were at my house yesterday to install the new ONT for gigabit and FiOS one cable boxes. My phone service had been staticky for months I told them about it and they fixed it by replacing an old line running on the side of my house free of charge (I did get charged for the ONT install fee though). So I have no idea. I’m guessing I would have been charged if they hadn’t been there for the install though
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island