Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2020, 12:00 PM

7,301 posts, read 13,520,593 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocafeller05 View Post
I guess we all find out come next November!
Quote:
Originally Posted by peconic117 View Post
I guess you can see the future. Wow neat trick!

And even if he does so what? We are a constitutional republic not a direct democracy. We never have been.
This is not in dispute. The poster took exception to my comment about most people in the country not supporting the president, which is true.

Old 02-04-2020, 12:20 PM

2,589 posts, read 1,826,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HandsUpThumbsDown View Post
We found out November 16 as well when 3 million more voters chose his opponent. if he wins reelection , it will be solely by electoral college again.

It will be solely Dem ineptitude again. It takes a really **** poor opponent to lose to Trump.

Old 02-04-2020, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by monstermagnet View Post
It will be solely Dem ineptitude again. It takes a really **** poor opponent to lose to Trump.
Hillary wasn't a bad candidate. But people hate her.

A ham sandwich should beat this charlatan but he has retained all the popularity he had when he won, pretty much. It wouldnt surprise me if he wins again , especially with the GOP focused on non-white voter suppression in southern swing states, and no action to combat Russian interference (since it benefits him)

Old 02-04-2020, 12:30 PM

5,292 posts, read 4,773,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monstermagnet View Post
They can’t even run their own caucus without it becoming an embarrassing debacle, so I’d say ineptitude isn’t in short supply.

Old 02-04-2020, 12:33 PM

Quote:
They can’t even run their own caucus without it becoming an embarrassing debacle, so I’d say ineptitude isn’t in short supply.
The Ds are prone to embarrassment unfortunately. One big advantage to being shameless and never taking responsibility is you never have anything to be embarrassed about. Advantage : the incumbent

Old 02-04-2020, 12:56 PM

13,511 posts, read 17,040,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarl View Post
Oh Jesus Christ forget it.
I'm done.
I'm trying to make a rational arguments to you and you don't want to hear it for some reason.

This isn't just garden variety "I voted for Trump" muttered at an office Christmas party and the person gets fired or something. The guy who put the sign up WANTS confrontation, or is really dumb to not expect it.

Old 02-04-2020, 12:57 PM

1,778 posts, read 1,797,992 times
Quote:

A ham sandwich should beat this charlatan but he has retained all the popularity he had when he won, pretty much.
Trump is a career criminal and he's been conning people all his life. This is his superpower and it's worthy of study. People could learn a lot by detaching themselves from loathing (or worshiping) him and observing his manipulative behavior.

I have been studying him for a book project on similar topics, and could explain a lot of what he's doing. But I won't because this isn't the place for it.

If and when I go out for ice cream I don't want to see his name or face. Ditto his opposition. Going out for a treat is about leaving unpleasantness like politics behind.

Old 02-04-2020, 12:59 PM

Quote:
I guess you can see the future. Wow neat trick!

And even if he does so what? We are a constitutional republic not a direct democracy. We never have been.
My prediction is that Trump will lose the popular vote by more than he did last election, but may still win the election in the electoral college. It's possible he loses by 6M votes in my estimation, but with the increase coming from young people in already Blue states, makes little difference in the EC. You'll basically have farmland electing the President.

Old 02-04-2020, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
My prediction is that Trump will lose the popular vote by more than he did last election, but may still win the election in the electoral college. It's possible he loses by 6M votes in my estimation, but with the increase coming from young people in already Blue states, makes little difference in the EC. You'll basically have farmland electing the President.
Yup. The electoral college and the Senate are the best tools for minority rule.

Old 02-04-2020, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Yup. The electoral college and the Senate are the best tools for minority rule.
Which was the intention of the founders, but I'm not sure they pictured that millions of people would basically become disenfranchised because of it. I think they thought it just meant candidates wouldn't just play to the population centers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island