Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2020, 08:33 AM

983 posts, read 725,161 times

Advertisements

In the past few years many houses were sold in my area. Most of them to Chinese and indian.
The first thing they do is cut plants and trees. They just love to shave the area.

To those chinese and indians planing to move to Long Island:
If you plan to move to this area, or any other are for that matter, stop before you decide to cut everything out. Other people live in the area and moved in because its greenery. Cutting down every plant/tree in your lot is a terrible way to start in a new neighborhood, especially when it's about cutting a 100 year old tree.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2020, 08:57 AM

9,531 posts, read 15,882,711 times
1) They won't see your post and do it anyway... so this is just a rant.
2) Your opinion is crazy to me - what makes you think only those ethnicities like to "shave the area"? Probably anyone coming from the city would be inclined to do the same, if at all.
3) We cut the tree in front of our house because of exposed roots all over the front lawn, AND the tree interfered with the 2nd floor construction unless we cut off branches on 1 side, which in turn would make it look lopsided.
4) My asian neighbors didn't touch their trees. In fact, the Indian ones planted a couple more and have potted plants all over.

Old 11-16-2020, 12:06 PM

1,466 posts, read 759,081 times
I cut down 3 trees. Didn’t even think twice.

Old 11-16-2020, 12:24 PM

2,589 posts, read 1,825,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrpepelepeu View Post
In the past few years many houses were sold in my area. Most of them to Chinese and indian.
The first thing they do is cut plants and trees. They just love to shave the area.

To those chinese and indians planing to move to Long Island:
If you plan to move to this area, or any other are for that matter, stop before you decide to cut everything out. Other people live in the area and moved in because its greenery. Cutting down every plant/tree in your lot is a terrible way to start in a new neighborhood, especially when it's about cutting a 100 year old tree.
Hmmm, I'm white as rice and cut down all of the overgrown, diseased maples. That's why I won't be on Newsday with a tree through the roof or upending the sidewalk after the next storm. Much of LI was landscaped with cheap southern maples w/ 50-100 yr life spans. They are now 75-100 yrs old. Perfect for ripping down power lines. If you don't cut them (ie manage them), nature will find a more costly way.

Old 11-16-2020, 03:30 PM

193 posts, read 271,217 times
While I agree about the age of the old trees, it pains me to no end when I see healthy ones cut down because of the leaves it drops... Can't make this up. I have lost a couple of trees to storms, age and disease, however I make it a point to plant a new one every time. A neighborhood with mature trees is a lot more desirable than one that has been clear cut.

Old 11-16-2020, 04:21 PM

29 posts, read 24,202 times
Hi all, I'm new here and Indian and willing to help anyone cut their trees down. The older the better in my book.

Old 11-16-2020, 04:26 PM

20,046 posts, read 20,850,556 times
And replace it all with “Italian grass” lol

Old 11-16-2020, 06:47 PM

78 posts, read 45,751 times
Trees near your home or powerlines are bad tho

Old 11-16-2020, 06:55 PM

20,935 posts, read 28,420,556 times
I had to cut down a huge oak tree that was smack in the middle of my lawn when I first moved in. It was very close to powerlines and close to the house. I also cut down smaller tree in my back yard because it looked like a jungle. I'll take "Italian grass" any day of the week.

Old 11-17-2020, 04:58 AM

19,219 posts, read 17,088,442 times
Every tree is not worthy to maintain as most have had zero attention in the last 50+ years. Where I am I have removed 7+ trees over the years because most were swamp maples and well past their prime and dangerous. Whats left are over 50 year old oaks, maple that have been cleaned up and compliment the property which doesn't look buried anymore. But I still have leaves, leaves, leaves....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island