Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2020, 05:21 PM

874 posts, read 728,753 times

Advertisements

your business will have to close if your hospital gets "overwhelmed"

the other metrics NY was using for the last couple of months, the 4 phase system does NOT exist anymore. How can 1 man write so many new laws, and get away with it?

https://www.wsj.com/livecoverage/cov...article_inline

The state’s new metrics for shutting down regions will be driven by the hospitalization rates of that area, Mr. Cuomo said Monday. If the state determines one of New York’s 10 regions will hit 90% capacity of its hospital space within three weeks, based on a seven-day average of hospitalization rates, that region will shut down, except for essential services such as pharmacies and grocery stores, the governor said.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2020, 05:29 PM

34,096 posts, read 47,293,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by broke&30 View Post
your business will have to close if your hospital gets "overwhelmed"

the other metrics NY was using for the last couple of months, the 4 phase system does NOT exist anymore. How can 1 man write so many new laws, and get away with it?

https://www.wsj.com/livecoverage/cov...article_inline

The state’s new metrics for shutting down regions will be driven by the hospitalization rates of that area, Mr. Cuomo said Monday. If the state determines one of New York’s 10 regions will hit 90% capacity of its hospital space within three weeks, based on a seven-day average of hospitalization rates, that region will shut down, except for essential services such as pharmacies and grocery stores, the governor said.
Seriously, go make a YouTube channel if you want to impress me. You keep giving away all this valuable information for free...you might as well make some coin off of it at this point. Maybe we can change that screen name for you for the New Year.

Forum TOS: https://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 12-09-2020, 04:52 AM

20,049 posts, read 20,855,965 times
********** guy. He must be stopped. He is dangerous.

Old 12-09-2020, 06:08 AM

1,481 posts, read 2,225,137 times
I have 3 separate friends who work on the "front lines" in hospitals, and all 3 have said the same thing - that the hospitals are practically a ghost town and there is plenty of room for folks. That the only people coming in are completely unrelated to Covid or are worrywarts who come in because they have a cough or the sniffles and want to be tested. There's been all this talk about hospitals running out of room, bodies being put into trucks, etc, but there has not been one single piece of evidence to support that, other than the media "reports".

Old 12-09-2020, 06:19 AM

12 posts, read 9,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarl View Post
********** guy. He must be stopped. He is dangerous.

Hes a liberal. He is smarter than you. Ask him, he will tell you.

He makes his father look normal. My sister is an RN. Since day 1 she has been on the front line. Worked the Javitz center(it was almost empty) and works for the NYSDOH. If a hospital has 100 beds and declares 10 beds are reserved for covid and 8 of those beds are being used then the hospital reports 80% occupied when the real number is 8%. What a bunch of horse sheet.

Old 12-09-2020, 06:45 AM

2,589 posts, read 1,825,932 times
Ahh, got it. Suddenly our hospitals are way under capacity and emergency rooms are barren. Odd since before Covid our hospitals were always at 80+ % capacity (if not, an exec was getting fired) and no one but the indigent or bullet riddled went near an emergency room, thus cheaper, more practical urgent cares springing up like weeds all over. I trust capitalism more than your anecdotal "my friends all say" horse hockey. MY friend just retired 10 yrs early to do telehealth consults rather than work in a hospital anymore. That x 1000's and there is a massive staffing shortage. But yeah, hoax. Empty hospitals. End by easter. End by election day. Rounding the corner. blah blah blah. Wear a mask and ****.

Old 12-09-2020, 07:01 AM

161 posts, read 297,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monstermagnet View Post
Ahh, got it. Suddenly our hospitals are way under capacity and emergency rooms are barren. Odd since before Covid our hospitals were always at 80+ % capacity (if not, an exec was getting fired) and no one but the indigent or bullet riddled went near an emergency room, thus cheaper, more practical urgent cares springing up like weeds all over. I trust capitalism more than your anecdotal "my friends all say" horse hockey. MY friend just retired 10 yrs early to do telehealth consults rather than work in a hospital anymore. That x 1000's and there is a massive staffing shortage. But yeah, hoax. Empty hospitals. End by easter. End by election day. Rounding the corner. blah blah blah. Wear a mask and ****.
Exactly. I'll add to the "I have a friend" stuff.. He's an ER PA and he says it's a **** show every day. He's beyond burnt out. I honestly feel sorry for him. Having a child that can need urgent medical care at the drop of a hat, we need hospitals to function and not be over-capacity.

Old 12-09-2020, 07:07 AM

34,096 posts, read 47,293,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monstermagnet View Post
'We messed up': Ex-state senator warns of virus before death

Forum TOS: https://www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 12-09-2020, 07:18 AM

6,384 posts, read 13,159,566 times
Have a look at the updated numbers. Click on Covid deaths only.

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid19/index.htm

7400 people die on average in the US.

Old 12-09-2020, 07:20 AM

2,770 posts, read 3,540,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TransplantedFloridian View Post
I have 3 separate friends who work on the "front lines" in hospitals, and all 3 have said the same thing - that the hospitals are practically a ghost town and there is plenty of room for folks. That the only people coming in are completely unrelated to Covid or are worrywarts who come in because they have a cough or the sniffles and want to be tested. There's been all this talk about hospitals running out of room, bodies being put into trucks, etc, but there has not been one single piece of evidence to support that, other than the media "reports".

I have inside info being in the profession. COVID numbers in the hospital are nowhere near last spring. At a recent staff meeting, our experts even projected the worst case disaster scenario numbers will be nowhere close to last spring. I'm referring to the need for ICU beds and ventilators. We understand now how to treat COVID better and earlier so only a small percentage of high risk patients end up on the vent. Vast majority of COVID positive cases don't even need to be in the hospital.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island