Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2020, 04:58 AM

14,394 posts, read 11,252,791 times

Advertisements

Just found out yesterday that one close family friend and his elderly parents all have COVID, and two other elderly relatives also got it - all within the last 7 days. All live in Suffolk.

Is anyone else seeing a spike?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2020, 05:00 AM

106,691 posts, read 108,880,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by markjames68 View Post
Just found out yesterday that one close family friend and his elderly parents all have COVID, and two other elderly relatives also got it - all within the last 7 days. All live in Suffolk.

Is anyone else seeing a spike?
I was tested yesterday and have to wait 72 hours ...

I am pretty sure I got it from the symptoms.

Feeling pretty crappy since Thursday.. coughing and fever.

No sore throat , no runny stuffed nose ,no other symptoms like I get with colds

Old 12-20-2020, 05:05 AM

14,394 posts, read 11,252,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
I was tested yesterday and have to wait 72 hours ...

I am pretty sure I got it from the symptoms.

Feeling pretty crappy since Thursday.. coughing and fever.

No sore throat , no runny stuffed nose ,no other symptoms like I get with colds
Sorry to hear...

My friend isn’t doing well at all. I just hope he doesn’t end up hospitalized.

Old 12-20-2020, 05:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by markjames68 View Post
Sorry to hear...

My friend isn’t doing well at all. I just hope he doesn’t end up hospitalized.
Me too.. I am hoping this is as bad as it gets ....we already had a death in the family and lost friends to it

Old 12-20-2020, 05:08 AM

I did a three mile run Thursday morning ...out of no where I started coughing later that afternoon .....by evening I had 101 temperature....

The owner of the music studio I was at Tuesday called coincidently on Thursday to say he was not opening Friday ,he had a fever ....

So we went yesterday to get tested.

Just slight cough and 101 at this stage 5 days in from when I think I got it

Last edited by mathjak107; 12-20-2020 at 05:25 AM..

Old 12-20-2020, 07:15 AM

2,045 posts, read 1,890,632 times
Yes! Every honest person has heard about a spike and any person with a social circle has heard of people they know who have tested positive. At my kids school, there is COVID notice emails sent home daily.

It’s unfortunate so many tools think they can do whatever they want because this country doesn’t reprimand its citizens for being selfish. The really sad part is you know these idiots are not going to change their irresponsible behavior no matter how many more continue to suffer.

Old 12-20-2020, 07:25 AM

2,897 posts, read 4,408,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by long isle View Post
Yes! Every honest person has heard about a spike and any person with a social circle has heard of people they know who have tested positive. At my kids school, there is COVID notice emails sent home daily.

It’s unfortunate so many tools think they can do whatever they want because this country doesn’t reprimand its citizens for being selfish. The really sad part is you know these idiots are not going to change their irresponsible behavior no matter how many more continue to suffer.
So I'm confused. I keep hearing about these fools. I see about 99.9% of people here on LI, and in Manhattan every day with masks on. So what's one to do? I need to go to work into Manhattan every day. Its my job. We all knew rates were gonna go back up. Its winter. Speaking of fools, the people who refuse to take a vaccine, well they are the fools. This virus isn't magically going away. And we WILL need the vaccine for a long time, possibly forever if we want to live normal lives.

Old 12-20-2020, 07:29 AM

2,045 posts, read 1,890,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzook View Post
So I'm confused. I keep hearing about these fools. I see about 99.9% of people here on LI, and in Manhattan every day with masks on. So what's one to do? I need to go to work into Manhattan every day. Its my job. We all knew rates were qgonna go back up. Its winter. Speaking of fools, the people who refuse to take a vaccine, well they are the fools. This virus isn't magically going away. And we WILL need the vaccine for a long time, possibly forever if we want to live normal lives.
75% of the spread is from small gatherings indoors. Pretty simple what needs to be done.

You are correct though, bunch of dummies in this country are gonna delay the return to normal because of their fear of the vaccine.

Old 12-20-2020, 07:46 AM

2,897 posts, read 4,408,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by long isle View Post
75% of the spread is from small gatherings indoors. Pretty simple what needs to be done.

You are correct though, bunch of dummies in this country are gonna delay the return to normal because of their fear of the vaccine.
One thing does have me puzzled. Supposedly airplanes are mostly safe. Contact tracing has proven very little Covid spread on planes. People are taking off mask's for food and drink, so why would it be better than small indoor gatherings? Sure no masks indoors, but something doesn't add up IMO.

Old 12-20-2020, 07:49 AM

6,384 posts, read 13,161,099 times
I don’t think many are scared of the vaccine. They just want to make sure that a speed warped vaccine pushed thru in record time will be safe, that’s all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island