Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2020, 07:55 PM

22,681 posts, read 36,841,007 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarl View Post
Aside from the yankee invasion, we just couldn’t find what we wanted.
I don’t and didn’t want to move ever again so we really made sure we made the right buy in the right place.
And no, we didn’t head south or to any of the other obvious transplant destinations.
I’ll never tell where we went, word spreads fast, next thing you know I’ll be surrounded by the same morons I’m running away from. So, you’ll never hear me coming here and bragging about how great it is or how it’s so much better than LI. Even though it is. But that’s the last I will speak of this.
You were smart to keep your house till you knew you were happy in your new locale. All the best!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2020, 08:33 PM

14,394 posts, read 11,272,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarl View Post
Aside from the yankee invasion, we just couldn’t find what we wanted.
I don’t and didn’t want to move ever again so we really made sure we made the right buy in the right place.
And no, we didn’t head south or to any of the other obvious transplant destinations.
I’ll never tell where we went, word spreads fast, next thing you know I’ll be surrounded by the same morons I’m running away from. So, you’ll never hear me coming here and bragging about how great it is or how it’s so much better than LI. Even though it is. But that’s the last I will speak of this.

Old 12-30-2020, 11:26 PM

20,093 posts, read 20,903,532 times
Pretty much how I lived on LI.
Had to have a shelter to protect me from all the stupid going on.

Old 12-31-2020, 12:08 PM

615 posts, read 449,394 times
Life is a journey, not a destination. Enjoy the trip!

Old 12-31-2020, 01:10 PM

1,107 posts, read 553,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sojourn traveller View Post
Life is a journey, not a destination. Enjoy the trip!
Amen!

Old 12-31-2020, 02:58 PM

20,945 posts, read 28,468,006 times
Well we need to know if the restaurant was there first or the OP. My only suggestion is to move. Why would anyone live so close to a noisy restaurant or nightclub? I'd also like to know in what residential area there is a nightclub. It's probably in the hood somewhere.

Old 12-31-2020, 05:43 PM

13,059 posts, read 18,149,829 times
I know of one such club on Union in Westbury that the residents of Apex Complex often complained about. FWIW, OP has not returned........ troll.?

Old 12-31-2020, 05:46 PM

3,288 posts, read 2,365,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lubby View Post
Well we need to know if the restaurant was there first or the OP. My only suggestion is to move. Why would anyone live so close to a noisy restaurant or nightclub? I'd also like to know in what residential area there is a nightclub. It's probably in the hood somewhere.
It really does not matter who was there first. If you live behind commercial property, anything could go there at any time. That is the risk you take and the reason why it is less desirable than other houses, the value of the house is reflected by the inconvenience.

Old 01-01-2021, 05:44 AM

6,480 posts, read 3,170,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trusso11783 View Post
It really does not matter who was there first. If you live behind commercial property, anything could go there at any time. That is the risk you take and the reason why it is less desirable than other houses, the value of the house is reflected by the inconvenience.
I agree. This discussion got me thinking back to when my immediate family returned to our home town, to visit the relatives. Near where one of my aunts lived, was a "commercial cluster" of businesses, at the corner of her street. Within this cluster, were two bars, and both of the bars were in buildings that had apartments above them.

As most rational people know, bars are generally open until 1-2AM. That means that there's the potential for "noise" until that hour. Would a rational person rent that apartment, then complain about the noise? And I must say, that I sometimes wondered who would rent one of those apartments.....

Old 01-01-2021, 07:40 PM

855 posts, read 452,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuts2uiam View Post
I know of one such club on Union in Westbury that the residents of Apex Complex often complained about. FWIW, OP has not returned........ troll.?
Not a troll. Probably just low IQ.

Bought a house right next to a restaurant when he.....doesn't like loud restaurants.

Then asked what to do when he currently exists in one of the hottest markets in years where he could sell for a handsome profit and move elsewhere.

When you can't be bothered to research the direct vicinity of the house you're buying and can't be bothered to research the real estate market then....

Low IQ it is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island