Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2021, 05:49 PM

975 posts, read 1,423,787 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Punkster55 View Post
Kid leaves through gated driveway and car has tinted windows. Car drives around a few blocks loses the investigator and kids shows up in school.

They dont have a good way to find out that targets everyone. A lot of kids i know in this SD come from other places. No one seems to care.
You didn’t even read the post you responded to. The investigator is not staking out the out of district house where the kid actually lives, hoping to catch the kid driving to school. He or she is staking out the in district home where the kid claims to live but really doesn’t. In these situations the school typically has no idea where the kid really lives. They just have the address where the kid is purported to live.

And yes, just like murder, rape, larceny and a million different things, plenty of people are getting away with it without getting busted. But this does not also mean that a ton of people aren’t getting caught.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2021, 08:24 PM

297 posts, read 197,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 987ABC View Post
You didn’t even read the post you responded to. The investigator is not staking out the out of district house where the kid actually lives, hoping to catch the kid driving to school. He or she is staking out the in district home where the kid claims to live but really doesn’t. In these situations the school typically has no idea where the kid really lives. They just have the address where the kid is purported to live.

And yes, just like murder, rape, larceny and a million different things, plenty of people are getting away with it without getting busted. But this does not also mean that a ton of people aren’t getting caught.
I dont know any relatives that got caught.

Old 03-17-2021, 08:59 PM

11,661 posts, read 12,757,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 987ABC View Post
School Districts will use investigators who will stake out the alleged home and see if the kid comes out of it in the morning on each school day. Do this enough times without seeing the kid and you make a strong case that the kid is not living there. There are other things that can be done. How the kid gets to school is irrelevant. But where he or she lives is highly irrelevant. It is required that the kid live in the district in order to attend schools therein (absent a "tuition-in" arrangement or some sort of special ed arrangement between districts).
I think almost all School Districts hire private investigators. I've met a couple who work for a Nassau County School district. They will track people out of state. They do this is in NJ suburban schools and the NYC DOE has a whole department dedicated to doing this type of work. Most of the time, people get caught. It gets a little convoluted when the student is in foster care. Another tax payer expense. These investigators charge the districts travel expenses.

Old 03-17-2021, 10:28 PM

9,933 posts, read 23,199,567 times
And what does it teach the student(s)?

That it's okay to lie Nice

Old 03-18-2021, 05:36 AM

5,072 posts, read 9,163,311 times
Quote:
I dont know any relatives that got caught.
So you don’t know of any that got caught, do you have any proof that they were actually doing this or are you just making it all up.

I was a Bulldog with a West Babylon zip.

Old 03-18-2021, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarkStreetKid View Post
So you don’t know of any that got caught, do you have any proof that they were actually doing this or are you just making it all up.

I was a Bulldog with a West Babylon zip.
Got much more than 'proof'.

Old 03-18-2021, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elke Mariotti View Post

Good. People like to live in a fairy tale today.

Old 03-18-2021, 07:55 AM

13,240 posts, read 4,947,130 times
Quote:
You were the student?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elke Mariotti View Post

Old 03-18-2021, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGeekGuest View Post
You were the student?
That's as far as I'm speaking about it. All I wanted to say was a crap load of people do this and I mean, my cousins got a great education that they would not have lived if went to schools where they live.

Old 03-18-2021, 07:43 PM

5,072 posts, read 9,163,311 times
Quote:
It isn’t proof unless you share it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island