Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2021, 10:07 AM

874 posts, read 729,138 times

Advertisements

looks like yelp shut down the comments page because they were getting to many bad reviews.

https://www.yelp.com/biz/the-black-s...-house-mineola

what good is yelp if you cant leave a real review. you can save someone or a group of people the trip there or the embarrassment of being asked for vaccine paperwork.

https://www.newsday.com/lifestyle/restaurants/black-sheep-ale-house-mineola-covid-vaccination-1.50324434

A bar in Mineola may be the first hospitality venue on Long Island to mandate that all customers and workers be vaccinated. The Black Sheep Ale House in Mineola is now requiring patrons to show proof of vaccination for entry.

"My assumption is that this is going to hurt the business," said owner Vincent Minutella, who announced the policy on the venue's Facebook page Monday afternoon. "As a bar owner, my policy has always been to do the best I can to make an environment so people can come in and be safe," he said by phone.

Minutella said the growing spread of the COVID-19 delta variant drove the decision.

The social media response was swift and strong, with more than 700 comments on the post, ranging from "Smart decision" to "I will never step in there even if I’m vaccinated or your policy changes."

"From this moment forward, until further notice, The Black Sheep is VAX ONLY. Proof required for entry. Sorry, not sorry," the business wrote in a Facebook post.

Last edited by broke&30; 08-05-2021 at 10:18 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2021, 10:18 AM

2,447 posts, read 1,222,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by broke&30 View Post

looks like yelp shut down the comments page because they were getting to many bad reviews.

https://www.yelp.com/biz/the-black-s...-house-mineola

what good is yelp if you cant leave a real review. you can save someone or a group of people the trip there or the embarrassment of being asked for vaccine paperwork.

https://www.newsday.com/lifestyle/restaurants/black-sheep-ale-house-mineola-covid-vaccination-1.50324434

A bar in Mineola may be the first hospitality venue on Long Island to mandate that all customers and workers be vaccinated. The Black Sheep Ale House in Mineola is now requiring patrons to show proof of vaccination for entry.

"My assumption is that this is going to hurt the business," said owner Vincent Minutella, who announced the policy on the venue's Facebook page Monday afternoon. "As a bar owner, my policy has always been to do the best I can to make an environment so people can come in and be safe," he said by phone.

Minutella said the growing spread of the COVID-19 delta variant drove the decision.

The social media response was swift and strong, with more than 700 comments on the post, ranging from "Smart decision" to "I will never step in there even if I’m vaccinated or your policy changes."

"From this moment forward, until further notice, The Black Sheep is VAX ONLY. Proof required for entry. Sorry, not sorry," the business wrote in a Facebook post.

Very ironic name for such conformity.

Old 08-05-2021, 10:23 AM

32 posts, read 13,758 times
Masks will be back. The Jericho schools are already pushing for it and half the districts follow Jericho's lead. This isn't Florida and no mandates either pro or con will be coming from the lame duck in Albany. The teacher unions vs the "unmask the kids" Facebook moms. A civil war fought with lawn signs and social media. Should be a disgusting and embarrassing Fall season. I can hardly wait. From the NY Council of School Supts:

No State Health Department Guidance to be Provided for School Openings
This afternoon, we were advised by phone call from the Governor’s office that, as the COVID-19 state of emergency has been rescinded, neither their office nor the New York State Department of Health will be issuing guidance to govern the opening of schools next month.

Accordingly, we expect that decisions regarding masks, physical distancing, COVID testing, employee vaccination requirements, and so forth will be left to local discretion, exercised by school district and county health officials.

We recommend consulting with local colleagues, district superintendents, local health officials, and board members in deciding how to proceed.

In past weeks, state officials recommended that district leaders review the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) July 9 Guidance for COVID-19 Prevention in K-12 Schools. On July 28, the CDC issued Interim Public Health Recommendations for Fully Vaccinated People which modified the earlier guidance to recommend, “…universal indoor masking for all teachers, staff, students, and visitors to schools, regardless of vaccination status.”

In our conversations with reporters prior to this decision, we have stressed the theme of keeping our focus on the overarching and near universally endorsed goal of having substantially all students in school for in-person learning every day each week. We have explained that safely achieving that goal may necessitate some decisions which would involve departures from a complete return to pre-pandemic practices. An example would be to require masks on school buses where physical distancing might otherwise make it impossible to get all students to school on-time, every day.

Reporters have also asked us for reactions to the Governor’s call for school districts to require all teachers to either be vaccinated or participate in regular COVID testing. We have explained that while court decisions have established the authority of employers to set such requirements for their workers, it is not settled that school districts can unilaterally do so with their unionized employees. New York State United Teachers issued a statement opposing vaccine mandates and numerous unions in other sectors have said that any required testing/vaccination regimen would affect the terms and conditions of employment and thus must be collectively bargained.

Our position is that, if state leaders wish to have all school employees required to either be vaccinated or participate in regular testing, it should enact legislation to facilitate that goal.

We would welcome getting your reactions to the decision to forego state guidance, to help us determine what we can do to be helpful and what we should be saying to the news media."

Old 08-05-2021, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighOnFire View Post
Masks will be back. The Jericho schools are already pushing for it and half the districts follow Jericho's lead. This isn't Florida and no mandates either pro or con will be coming from the lame duck in Albany. The teacher unions vs the "unmask the kids" Facebook moms. A civil war fought with lawn signs and social media. Should be a disgusting and embarrassing Fall season. I can hardly wait.

wait until flu season starts and we start seeing long lines of people social distancing out in the cold waiting outside those urgent care and or cityMD to get tested because they think they have covid.

wait until flu season when everyone starts running to the hospital because they think they have covid, creating lines there to.

this is nothing more then social media hysteria because 2 states, florida and texas claim there is a surge, now is 2 southern states cooking the covid numbers if you ask me.

https://www.npr.org/2021/08/03/10242...rus-infections

Last Week, 1 In 3 U.S. COVID Cases Were In Florida And Texas

Old 08-05-2021, 10:48 AM

5,520 posts, read 7,115,390 times
If you start one more vaccine thread I am going to smack you in the head!

Old 08-05-2021, 10:57 AM

3,852 posts, read 4,521,867 times
I don’t know why CD mods don’t consolidate threads.

Old 08-05-2021, 11:15 AM

5,072 posts, read 9,148,598 times
Social distancing?

Old 08-05-2021, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYTom View Post

what are you going to do when they start asking you for your papers please?

Old 08-05-2021, 11:48 AM

22,672 posts, read 36,816,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYTom View Post
He should be banned. It's ridiculous.

Old 08-05-2021, 11:54 AM

5,072 posts, read 9,148,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by broke&30 View Post
what are you going to do when they start asking you for your papers please?
You either show them or you don’t, and they let you in or they don’t. Pretty simple.
I think masks are stupid and of little if any benefit, but I carry one in my car or bag just in case I’m required to wear one when I patronize a business.
I personally don’t have a problem with people being unvaxed, I actually have more of an issue with people being overweight and obese, that’s their choice. But if a restaurant or business requires a shot to be allowed inside you have the right to not patronize that business, and if your job requires a jab you are free to let yourself be dismissed and bring a lawsuit against them.

You’re much better off fighting for your rights at the ballot box or in a court of law than you are at the local Burger King.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island