Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2021, 05:03 PM

1,474 posts, read 765,856 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
Electing someone involved in Nassau Politics for 30 years who was Presiding Officer of the Nassau Legislature under Tom Gullotta when our finances were almost taken over by NIFA is not exactly draining the swamp.

Then again, neither is electing a Real Estate Billionaire who set tax policy to benefit himself and used taxpayer $$ to fund trips to his Golf Courses, Hotels and other business ventures.
While most would agree and it looks horrible let’s try and be fair just look into Nancy pelosis husband Paul’s stock trades. He can predict the lotto. Imagine a 30 percent return.

“ Paul made $5.3 million by exercising call options to buy 4,000 shares of Google parent Alphabet just before the House Judiciary Committee voted on antitrust regulations.

"If they're the ones passing the laws, it's probably smart to keep up and see what they're buying," Josephs told Yahoo adding that lawmakers may know something retail traders don't.

In a statement to Yahoo Finance, Speaker Pelosi's office said she doesn't own any stocks and has no prior knowledge in any transactions.“

Imagine filing a tax return and signing it like required and saying you have no knowledge of any transactions one that includes 5.3 million in income?!

“ House Speaker Nancy Pelosi has amassed more than $196 million in wealth working on a congressional salary of $193,400”.

Yet once again her office said “ she doesn't own any stocks and has no prior knowledge in any transactions.“

It is every where unfortunate
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2021, 08:41 AM

852 posts, read 1,444,672 times
Let's hold these new politicians up to task, not just pat ourselves on the back for electing someone who we preferred.
Let's demand that promises be kept.
Demand our taxes be lowered (without borrowing or destroying our quality of life here in Nassau).
Demand that crime be lowered.
If these things don't happen, VOTE these new politicians out, regardless of their party affiliation.

Old 11-07-2021, 12:17 PM

6,385 posts, read 13,170,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by woody516 View Post
Let's hold these new politicians up to task, not just pat ourselves on the back for electing someone who we preferred.
Let's demand that promises be kept.
Demand our taxes be lowered (without borrowing or destroying our quality of life here in Nassau).
Demand that crime be lowered.
If these things don't happen, VOTE these new politicians out, regardless of their party affiliation.
Lol. You do realize every politician says this every election right?

Old 11-07-2021, 08:01 PM

5,296 posts, read 4,780,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 94nasupra View Post
While most would agree and it looks horrible let’s try and be fair just look into Nancy pelosis husband Paul’s stock trades. He can predict the lotto. Imagine a 30 percent return.

“ Paul made $5.3 million by exercising call options to buy 4,000 shares of Google parent Alphabet just before the House Judiciary Committee voted on antitrust regulations.

"If they're the ones passing the laws, it's probably smart to keep up and see what they're buying," Josephs told Yahoo adding that lawmakers may know something retail traders don't.

In a statement to Yahoo Finance, Speaker Pelosi's office said she doesn't own any stocks and has no prior knowledge in any transactions.“

Imagine filing a tax return and signing it like required and saying you have no knowledge of any transactions one that includes 5.3 million in income?!

“ House Speaker Nancy Pelosi has amassed more than $196 million in wealth working on a congressional salary of $193,400”.

Yet once again her office said “ she doesn't own any stocks and has no prior knowledge in any transactions.“

It is every where unfortunate
Pelosi is loaded because of her filthy rich husband, always has been.

Old 11-08-2021, 04:22 AM

690 posts, read 586,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peconic117 View Post
Right, and I'm sure he's never had any prior knowledge, that helps him whatsoever. I'm sure not a penny over her $194k salary, has come from any special interests. I'm sure her family, who was a long standing political dynasty in Baltimore, was squeaky clean. I've got a bridge to sell you.....

Old 11-08-2021, 05:17 AM

5,069 posts, read 3,967,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peconic117 View Post
Remember when the left branded itself as the party of the underclass and claimed the Republicans were the party of the rich elite? Even their PR firm (the mainstream press) can’t maintain that tale.

Old 11-08-2021, 06:22 AM

20,100 posts, read 20,903,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roland Deschain View Post
You’re obsessed with Long Island. I’ve never seen anything like it.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/long...e-feature.html

Never? You mean like ever in your lifetime?
Go have some bagels and pizza at the beach or something. You deserve it.

Last edited by hotkarl; 11-08-2021 at 06:42 AM..

Old 11-08-2021, 11:01 AM

13,059 posts, read 18,149,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parsifal View Post
What I don’t understand is why so many people who used to live here continue to post on this forum. Go live your fabulous life. Post on the forum associated with the place you now live where you can help others who are contemplating a move. Everyone on here knows there are cheaper places to live in the US that are perfectly nice. It is a very odd compulsion to continue to disparagingly post here.
I, too post here often and have moved. I spent 59 years on LI and have a lot of family still there. Just because I moved does not mean I am not interested in the area I spent most of my life. While, I love where I am now, I would not have wanted to live here in the reverse time frame. I have repeatedly stated that I love(d) LI, but this place is perfect for me now.

I still have a lot of connections on LI and therefore I can offer suggestions at times that may help others benefit from both my experience or knowledge or both. As an aside to this, even if I did not spend a day on LI and was just someone with a desire to post here on the LI forum, there are no rules (to my knowledge) that preclude one from doing so. I have put people on ignore if I find their postings annoying so I don't have to read them.

Old 11-08-2021, 11:17 AM

5,532 posts, read 7,123,271 times
I totally welcome posts from former Long Islanders!

They bring a unique perspective having lived here and moved to a new location and can offer valuable advice for Long Islanders looking to do the same.

Maybe the forum from their new area is not as active as LI, or they have friends on this board that they want to continue to chat with.

The bottom line is WHO CARES?? They can post wherever and when ever they want. It's not your place to say otherwise, especially the newbies.

I hope they continue to post here and know that many more others enjoy hearing from them.

Old 11-08-2021, 11:32 AM

22,205 posts, read 19,490,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarl View Post
For the life of me, I just don’t get it.
How many thousands of tax municipalities are out there?
And the greatest place on earth, Strong Island, particularly Nassau, has one of the most ridiculous and dysfunctional tax systems in all of America. I mean really? Nobody can get it right? All these years and nobody has been able to straighten it out? All these fancy world class so-called educated people on the payroll can’t and couldn’t fix the assessment system? Or maybe it’s really because they don’t actually want to? Hmmm….
The assessment system was vastly improved. However, as a result of improving the assessment system, giving more realistic values and stopping the rubber stamping of challenges some people who benefited from the flaws in the system previously no longer got the same benefit. Those changes were then exploited for political purposes even though the system became much fairer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island