Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2021, 04:45 PM

2,589 posts, read 1,824,520 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interlude View Post
Host it in your town then. Everyone is anti-NIMBY when it's not their backyard.

I'm not too versed in the particular type of shelter they were angling to put there, but since there is such massive mismanagement of the homeless problem in our big blue cities, I suspect that many people simply don't trust the system. Despite what woke idiots will tell you, the chronically homeless (as opposed to those who are simply down on their luck for a short period of time) are frequently mentally ill and almost always an addict of some kind.

That's kind of the general problem with the left lately - their brand is sour. I don't personally think Curran was doing a bad job, but she was a victim of being on the wrong team along with a historically unpopular, feeble idiot of a president and his rogue's gallery of woke nation wreckers and mostly peaceful protestors. Similarly, the "blue wave" of 2020 was in part due to a rejection of Trump (and using Covid as an excuse for fraud, but that's another thread).
Can't host it here. We're already a redneck enclave with a plume, legionaries disease, rats and a methadone clinic. Highest taxes in the nation, too. Almost the highest school tax rate in all of NYS. I'd gladly host it here. Nice extra $ kick for the district. Prob improve the sports teams too. Nope, the politicians prefer the ghetto in Jericho that used to be a crack den. Jericho. Vote the Supt another raise and send the homeless to Syosset. lmfao.

Last edited by monstermagnet; 11-29-2021 at 05:02 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2021, 05:25 PM

22,180 posts, read 19,452,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Interlude View Post
Host it in your town then. Everyone is anti-NIMBY when it's not their backyard.

I'm not too versed in the particular type of shelter they were angling to put there, but since there is such massive mismanagement of the homeless problem in our big blue cities, I suspect that many people simply don't trust the system. Despite what woke idiots will tell you, the chronically homeless (as opposed to those who are simply down on their luck for a short period of time) are frequently mentally ill and almost always an addict of some kind.

That's kind of the general problem with the left lately - their brand is sour. I don't personally think Curran was doing a bad job, but she was a victim of being on the wrong team along with a historically unpopular, feeble idiot of a president and his rogue's gallery of woke nation wreckers and mostly peaceful protestors. Similarly, the "blue wave" of 2020 was in part due to a rejection of Trump (and using Covid as an excuse for fraud, but that's another thread).
Went from having a solid point with the bolded to tin foil hat time...

Old 11-29-2021, 05:28 PM

22,180 posts, read 19,452,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monstermagnet View Post
...cause stupid is as stupid does...over and over again. Ain't Kate Murray back? The one that sent the Islanders to Queens? lmfao. Elect the morons who bankrupted you 10 years ago to "fix" your finances. Can't make this stuff up. LI is the dumbest place east of West Virginia (no offense to WV's who live on a fraction of the costs of this criminally corrupt idiotville).
The Presiding Officer that led to the creation of NIFA got elected by hammering home misconceptions over a needed revamp of our Assessment system that was run into ground by our Felon former County Executive.

Old 11-30-2021, 09:13 AM

3,852 posts, read 4,518,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monstermagnet View Post
Can't host it here. We're already a redneck enclave with a plume, legionaries disease, rats and a methadone clinic. Highest taxes in the nation, too. Almost the highest school tax rate in all of NYS. I'd gladly host it here. Nice extra $ kick for the district. Prob improve the sports teams too. Nope, the politicians prefer the ghetto in Jericho that used to be a crack den. Jericho. Vote the Supt another raise and send the homeless to Syosset. lmfao.
I don't live in Jericho but as you know it's consistently ranked among the best schools in the state, so at least they're getting something for their high taxes. Of course, that mostly has to to with the demographics - Jews and Asians tend to be higher achievers. None the less, the "high end" districts like Jericho spend a lot on scholastic options, since the parents demand it. Robust AP class offerings, enrichment classes, gifted and talented, etc. Regardless, their high taxes aren't much higher than the rest of LI, which is the result of decades of giveaways to teacher's unions in order to curry favor on election day.

The schools, or the tax situation, would probably not benefit from a homeless shelter. No doubt the actual money would go to various grifter "homeless advocates" and the town's residents would be stuck with an open drug scene and increased crime. So, like Los Angeles on a smaller scale.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island