Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2021, 04:48 AM

724 posts, read 627,602 times

Advertisements

All this planning to see Harry styles a one hit wonder. Oh please.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2021, 05:24 AM

188 posts, read 112,148 times
You can take the train from Queens Village or Bellerose both have metered parking

Here are station parking maps:
http://web.mta.info/lirr/images/stat.../bellerose.pdf
http://web.mta.info/lirr/images/stat...ensvillage.pdf

These stations are on the Hempstead line but at that time of night you won’t have a lot of service going into Penn AND you will have to change at Jamaica.

Since you have a car, I’d suggest driving to Jamaica. It’s about 7 miles and 15-20 minutes away. Then parking in a private garage. Train service in/out of Jamaica is more frequent and takes about 20 minutes.

https://en.parkopedia.com/parking/li...g=202111180930

If you end up thinking that is way too much hassle, the Roosevelt Field mall is about 20 minutes east by car, and has shopping, a bunch of restaurants, and a nice movie theater.

Good Luck! I hope she enjoys the show.

Old 11-18-2021, 05:25 AM

22,730 posts, read 36,962,387 times
Drive her to the concert and plan a nice dinner on Long Island. Goto Floral Park or Garden City and have dinner walk around worse comes to worst go to Roosevelt Field and walk around.

Glad the arena near me had a waiting room for parents to hang out while their kids are at a concert.

Old 11-18-2021, 06:16 AM

13,068 posts, read 18,239,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twingles View Post
Drive her to the concert and plan a nice dinner on Long Island. Goto Floral Park or Garden City and have dinner walk around worse comes to worst go to Roosevelt Field and walk around.

Glad the arena near me had a waiting room for parents to hang out while their kids are at a concert.
Took the words right out of my mouth. Tons of high places to eat in both Floral Park and GC.

Old 11-18-2021, 11:17 AM

Come on, we know you’re a huge Harry Styles fan and you’d be mom-dancing in your mom-jeans and waving your lit up cell phone around instead of sitting in the boring parents’ lounge. Just kidding :-)

Old 11-18-2021, 01:42 PM

10 posts, read 6,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tj2013 View Post
All this planning to see Harry styles a one hit wonder. Oh please.
all this planning for my teen daughter whom I do not want traveling alone.. don't care if he's a one hit wonder, she worked her butt off to be able to attend this show.

Old 11-18-2021, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deb67nj View Post
all this planning for my teen daughter whom I do not want traveling alone.. don't care if he's a one hit wonder, she worked her butt off to be able to attend this show.
Our parents thought our music was silly too. Hope she has fun and is safe.

Old 11-18-2021, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parsifal View Post
Come on, we know you’re a huge Harry Styles fan and you’d be mom-dancing in your mom-jeans and waving your lit up cell phone around instead of sitting in the boring parents’ lounge. Just kidding :-)
yikes you are so right. I've already seen him 2x at the garden last month. He is very good and a fun time!!

Old 11-18-2021, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parsifal View Post
You can take the train from Queens Village or Bellerose both have metered parking

Here are station parking maps:
http://web.mta.info/lirr/images/stat.../bellerose.pdf
http://web.mta.info/lirr/images/stat...ensvillage.pdf

These stations are on the Hempstead line but at that time of night you won’t have a lot of service going into Penn AND you will have to change at Jamaica.

Since you have a car, I’d suggest driving to Jamaica. It’s about 7 miles and 15-20 minutes away. Then parking in a private garage. Train service in/out of Jamaica is more frequent and takes about 20 minutes.

https://en.parkopedia.com/parking/li...g=202111180930

If you end up thinking that is way too much hassle, the Roosevelt Field mall is about 20 minutes east by car, and has shopping, a bunch of restaurants, and a nice movie theater.

Good Luck! I hope she enjoys the show.
thank you.

Old 11-18-2021, 08:46 PM

13,068 posts, read 18,239,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deb67nj View Post
thank you.
And as a former LI'er of 59 years and almost 30 year LIRR traveler, I would no more suggest to anyone that they take a car to either Hempstead or Jamaica to return at maybe 11 p.m. than I would suggest the city is a walkable distance from the arena. Would not do that as an our of towner.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island