Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2022, 06:28 AM
exm

3,752 posts, read 1,816,595 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Commenter View Post
This great unmasking in the schools as suddenly recommended by the CDC (LOL) is entirely disconnected from Tuesday night’s State of the Union Address as read by President Biden. Ditto the fact that Democrat Governor Hochul wants us to wait till Wednesday to unmask the kids. I sense a victory proclamation Tuesday night.

(At some point we’ll see an apology for the peculiar and damaging mask and vax mandates in our state and/or an analytic comparison with the more rational states.)

Haven't you heard? Covid will be gone by Wednesday 12:01AM! Today and tomorrow you need to mask up, social distance and get boosted but by Wednesday we are free!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2022, 07:38 PM

2,770 posts, read 3,566,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by exm View Post
Haven't you heard? Covid will be gone by Wednesday 12:01AM! Today and tomorrow you need to mask up, social distance and get boosted but by Wednesday we are free!
Becuz liberal science

Old 03-01-2022, 05:30 AM

5,178 posts, read 4,036,852 times
It’s kinda cool that the Libs have now decided (notwithstanding the current rate of 2,000 deaths with Covid per day here in the US) that masks are essentially unconnected with Covid deaths and can NOW be ditched. Something rational folks have been saying for about the last two years.

Any chance the phony Dem pols will apologize for the mask hoax? Feel bad for the damaged kids but I guess they’re just collateral damage in left-wing Covid politics.

Oddly enough it was many of the same adults who were hyping the Russia Collusion Hoax who then transitioned to masks/vax mandates.

Old 03-01-2022, 10:29 AM

3,852 posts, read 4,543,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Commenter View Post
It’s kinda cool that the Libs have now decided (notwithstanding the current rate of 2,000 deaths with Covid per day here in the US) that masks are essentially unconnected with Covid deaths and can NOW be ditched. Something rational folks have been saying for about the last two years.

Any chance the phony Dem pols will apologize for the mask hoax? Feel bad for the damaged kids but I guess they’re just collateral damage in left-wing Covid politics.

Oddly enough it was many of the same adults who were hyping the Russia Collusion Hoax who then transitioned to masks/vax mandates.
The mass formation events are proceeding as planned.

Step 1: ORANGE MAN BAD
Step 2: COVID WILL KILL US ALL
Step 3: WE MUST STOP RUSSIA

Hopefully step 4 involves most of the DC swamp-dwellers hanging from lamp posts, but I'm not holding my breath.

Old 03-01-2022, 12:29 PM

4,539 posts, read 8,375,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by exm View Post

Good to hear a deal has been reached. Now will covid depart NY only? Or all of U.S.?

Old 03-01-2022, 12:48 PM

5,178 posts, read 4,036,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebobs View Post
Good to hear a deal has been reached. Now will covid depart NY only? Or all of U.S.?
Today (not a misprint) the mask mandate has been lifted from the Capitol. Just a coincidence in the context of the president’s State of the Union address tonight. Don’t know why folks think the mask and mandate stuff was political theatre.

Old 03-01-2022, 04:20 PM

909 posts, read 1,845,162 times
About 3/4 of the supermarket had a mask on Sunday afternoon. Not sure if it was because of it being crowded or its always like that. No mask required but, the people still wear them. I bet people continue to wear them longer the crybabies complain about conspiracies!

Old 03-01-2022, 05:29 PM

2,770 posts, read 3,566,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galicia#1 View Post
About 3/4 of the supermarket had a mask on Sunday afternoon. Not sure if it was because of it being crowded or its always like that. No mask required but, the people still wear them. I bet people continue to wear them longer the crybabies complain about conspiracies!
I was at Westbury Costco tire store this sun. Walked in maskless and there were 3 people waiting on the line inside all wearing masks. Two older dudes took off their mask when they saw me strolling in maskless. I guess people are still afraid of the mask Nazis.

Old 03-01-2022, 08:44 PM

6,931 posts, read 2,409,290 times
Here's what I wonder, Is my CAREER that got obliterated for not getting the shot being restored????

Everyone that got fired for denying the shot were FORBIDDEN from receiving Unemployment Benefits here in NY, including myself.

WOW! Now, all of a sudden, the Covid Menace is behind us.

Even the children are being unmasked.

I LOST MY JOB over this BS!!!!

Grrrr!

Old 03-02-2022, 03:18 AM

6,392 posts, read 13,222,091 times
^^ Depends on where you work and what you do.

https://nypost.com/2022/03/01/everyt...s-in-new-york/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island