Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2022, 07:57 AM

2,479 posts, read 1,250,606 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Commenter View Post
The persistent and forced masking of the not-at-risk schoolchildren is just one of the unsavory legacies of the Democrat-led Covid reaction debacle here in New York State.

Even the wackiest of the lefty loons, still clinging to an odd love for Cuomo and Fauci, are a bit embarrassed by this lingering relic of Covid-alarmism.
Good luck getting any of those people to admit they were wrong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2022, 09:01 AM

855 posts, read 457,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
They are still enforcing masking in schools, that is the issue. It's complaining about something legitimate, where there are no guidelines being given as to when it will be lifted. "When I tell you is when it will be lifted.". That doesn't work and no one should be surprised if that attitude breeds frustration and anger.

In my case, as a person who has never voted for the GOP in my life, I will pull the lever for anyone who runs against Hochul now ..specifically when the state court judge deemed the mask mandate unconstitutional, my kids got one day of freedom and she sent here lawyers to claw her power back. Now she has an enemy in me. I know many people who feel like I do, and not just Republicans. 2 years is enough. We followed the rules, i took my shots, I criticized other people who were nuts about masks last year. Enough is enough.
It's all about playing political games, ego and control at this point. And has been for awhile.

There is literally zero reason to mask kids (we're the only country in the world that requires masks under 6 years of age) yet due to the communist running this state my 3 yr old is required to put that diaper on his face before walking into school every day.

But due to science, when he was inside at a birthday party at Chuck E Cheese last weekend no masks were required for the same group of kids. COVID is apparently the most intelligent virus this universe has ever seen, it can differentiate between schools and Chuck E Cheese and decide to only be a threat inside schools.

Old 02-17-2022, 09:18 AM

13,531 posts, read 17,085,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticpearl View Post
It's all about playing political games, ego and control at this point. And has been for awhile.

There is literally zero reason to mask kids (we're the only country in the world that requires masks under 6 years of age) yet due to the communist running this state my 3 yr old is required to put that diaper on his face before walking into school every day.

But due to science, when he was inside at a birthday party at Chuck E Cheese last weekend no masks were required for the same group of kids. COVID is apparently the most intelligent virus this universe has ever seen, it can differentiate between schools and Chuck E Cheese and decide to only be a threat inside schools.
I agree with you in principle the chucky cheese argument is easily deflected by the covid crazed.."chucky cheese SHOULD require masks".

I just went through a situation with one of my kids...they had covid, it was less than 3 months ago, and a personal instructor someone recommended refused to deal with them a few weeks back unless they were vaccinated AND boosted. I said that we would provide an anti-body test and proof of a positive covid test. They wouldn't accept it.

That isn't "believing in science", as this person puts on their facebook page, it's retribution for someone who hasn't conformed. Believe me I will not forget what that person has done. They made the political become personal, and wielded that grudge against my child, so now they have an enemy in me.

Old 02-17-2022, 10:54 AM

193 posts, read 272,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
They made the political become personal, and wielded that grudge against my child, so now they have an enemy in me.
Or you could just go find another instructor. Wouldn't sound as "tough" I guess.

Old 02-17-2022, 12:02 PM

188 posts, read 112,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KFC.ONE View Post
Or you could just go find another instructor. Wouldn't sound as "tough" I guess.
Sounds like they did have to find another instructor or at least not use that one. Pro Revenge move would be to find a different instructor and always promote them to others while saying you distinctly don’t recommend the other. Private instructors and tutors are a referral business.

Old 02-17-2022, 02:32 PM

193 posts, read 272,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parsifal View Post
Sounds like they did have to find another instructor or at least not use that one. Pro Revenge move would be to find a different instructor and always promote them to others while saying you distinctly don’t recommend the other. Private instructors and tutors are a referral business.
Or he could just move on with his life and not be petty. Ya know, like a normal person.

Old 02-17-2022, 02:44 PM

8,011 posts, read 9,221,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticpearl View Post

Hell I would wear a mask at Chucky Cheese in a non covid year lol. That place is a cesspool.
When my kids were young they would always catch something when there.

Old 02-17-2022, 02:59 PM

Quote:
I did. Of course, in the circle of people I travel in who have kids with similar interests, I would of course have to let them know this persons irrational position. And believe me, most of the people in my community are far more conservative than me, many militant about anti-masking and vaccines. Not normally something I'd encourage, but when you try to reason with someone and they hold something over your head for blatant political reasons, a message needs to be sent. Again, people who have been made to feel "powerful" with this covid craziness need to experience a reality check.

Old 02-17-2022, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Or he could just move on with his life and not be petty. Ya know, like a normal person.
A normal person believes that a person who just had covid is more dangerous than someone who had a vaccine 6 months ago? Despite the fact that some people have been convinced that thinking like that is "normal", it isn't.

Old 02-18-2022, 09:38 AM

3,852 posts, read 4,534,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NSHL10 View Post
Hell I would wear a mask at Chucky Cheese in a non covid year lol. That place is a cesspool.
When my kids were young they would always catch something when there.
Your mask wouldn't protect you against an airborne virus at Chuck E. Cheese, either. That's the point.

People just can't let this go, huh? We don't hate masks just because they're inconvenient, or that they look dumb, or that they interfere with childhood development, particularly in younger kids or those with disabilities. We hate them because they DON'T DO ANYTHING. And, increasingly, they identify the wearer as a moron, no matter how well-intentioned. A scarlet letter for idiocy, if you will.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island