Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2022, 04:39 AM

2,897 posts, read 4,411,902 times

Advertisements

All I am saying is the mask mandate is total BS! I'm glad the courts are getting involved, and its time to let people decide if they want to mask or not. Shame that i want the other dpsht back. Who would have thought?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2022, 05:32 AM

5,295 posts, read 4,779,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzook View Post
All I am saying is the mask mandate is total BS! I'm glad the courts are getting involved, and its time to let people decide if they want to mask or not. Shame that i want the other dpsht back. Who would have thought?
Yep this is now a personal thing between her and Blakeman who dared to question her authority. Has nothing to do with public health anymore. Unfortunately I fully expect sone left wing appellate judge to side with her.

Old 01-25-2022, 06:23 AM

6,384 posts, read 13,169,132 times
Left, right, or independent many, many are over the mask mandate. I think if she truly goes out of her way to fight this she is setting herself up for political suicide for the next election.

Old 01-25-2022, 07:09 AM

855 posts, read 452,697 times
This picture says it all. You have to be a bum to think this was ever about health or protecting the kids.

Old 01-25-2022, 07:29 AM

2,770 posts, read 3,543,883 times
Even some liberals are starting to say what I have been saying all along. The cloth/paper/surgical masks are completely useless for a 0.1 micron sized virus. Unless you are wearing an N95, its all just political theater or virtue signalling to everyone you are a sheep liberal.

And I am shocked my liberal SD (Roslyn) just emailed us last night they will no longer mandate masks at school. My wife is dancing for joy, the kids can breath now. They can crush the oxygen deprived kids who are getting brain damaged from chronic hypercapnia, whose parents continue to abuse them and send them to school triple masked.

Last edited by 85dumbo; 01-25-2022 at 08:33 AM..

Old 01-25-2022, 07:41 AM

1,772 posts, read 3,240,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 85dumbo View Post
Even some liberals are starting to say what I have been saying all along. The cloth/paper/surgical masks are completely useless for a 0.1 micron sized virus. Unless you are wearing an N95, its all just political theater or virtually signalling to everyone you are a sheep liberal.

And I am shocked my liberal SD (Roslyn) just emailed us last night they will no longer mandate masks at school. My wife is dancing for joy, the kids can breath now. They can crush the oxygen deprived kids who are getting brain damaged from chronic hypercapnia, whose parents continue to abuse them and send them to school triple masked.
Abuse ? You obviously didn't attend Catholic schools in the 1960s.

Old 01-25-2022, 07:44 AM

13,512 posts, read 17,049,342 times
I just hope this doesn't become a back and forth between judges and we start jerking the kids around month after month. Enough already.

Old 01-25-2022, 07:45 AM

2,770 posts, read 3,543,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifetimeliguy View Post
Abuse ? You obviously didn't attend Catholic schools in the 1960s.

I actually attended catholic school in the 80s. Those nuns didn't fool around back then either. Get whacked with a ruler if you didn't listen.

Old 01-25-2022, 07:50 AM

1,274 posts, read 565,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peconic117 View Post
Yep this is now a personal thing between her and Blakeman who dared to question her authority. Has nothing to do with public health anymore. Unfortunately I fully expect sone left wing appellate judge to side with her.
I don't think this was a Blakeman suit. This was an existing suit from other parties.

Blakeman celebrating this is also unintentionally admitting that his own order was BS, since he acknowledges here that the power rests firmly within the state legislature, not the County Executive.

Also realize that the ruling doesn't bar mask mandates on principle, only that the form was incorrect. The State legislature could enact a mandate tomorrow that will meet legal requirements per this ruling.

Old 01-25-2022, 08:05 AM

5,295 posts, read 4,779,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPC324 View Post
I don't think this was a Blakeman suit. This was an existing suit from other parties.

Blakeman celebrating this is also unintentionally admitting that his own order was BS, since he acknowledges here that the power rests firmly within the state legislature, not the County Executive.

Also realize that the ruling doesn't bar mask mandates on principle, only that the form was incorrect. The State legislature could enact a mandate tomorrow that will meet legal requirements per this ruling.
I know it wasn’t a Blakeman suit, regardless this has become a personal power trip with her. Just look at some of the comments she has made. The state legislature has so far shown no inclination to pass any form of mandate (especially with Covid on the decline in NY again) , and 2022 elections are just around the corner. They even took away some of Cuomo’s power to enforce more without their approval.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island