Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2022, 08:50 AM

5,052 posts, read 3,956,447 times

Advertisements

/\ The Long Island parents tended to go along with the school rules although many didn’t support the idea of masking the kids in the schools. I suspect ditto regarding school aides, school teachers, school principals and assistant principals, and even superintendents . On this topic (masking everybody at school) they don’t make the rules. (Of course the wacky libs amongst this group were all in on the masking. Probably still are.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2022, 09:25 AM

185 posts, read 109,961 times
Hey look it’s Hochul maskless at the Super Bowl!

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ticle-10511901

What are the odds she took at private jet there and back?

Old 02-15-2022, 09:53 AM

2,770 posts, read 3,539,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parsifal View Post

If this hypocrite makes it conditional that children can only be maskless if forced vaccinated, then I am 100% moving to Florida.

Old 02-15-2022, 10:03 AM

185 posts, read 109,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 85dumbo View Post
If this hypocrite makes it conditional that children can only be maskless if forced vaccinated, then I am 100% moving to Florida.
I am going to Florida next week for President’s week break and I will be looking at real estate while I am there. I want to be prepared just in case I need to leave NY before the Iron Curtain comes down.

Old 02-15-2022, 01:31 PM

5,292 posts, read 4,771,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parsifal View Post

She's just loving being the unelected governor by default!

Old 02-15-2022, 05:44 PM

2,685 posts, read 2,328,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 85dumbo View Post
Same here. I’m seriously considering not renewing a lease in my one rental that’s zoned for the top school district in Hillsborough county. Gotta offer new lease in august.

Old 02-15-2022, 07:56 PM

6,151 posts, read 10,029,147 times
The next generation of migration... Mask Flight... White Flight made LI what it is today... taxes, civil service, and NIMBYs complaining non-stop for decades, yet so many put up with it... then Mask Flight, those who are finally pushed over the edge... FL though? Not sure I buy that for the majority.

Old 02-16-2022, 05:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyKid View Post
The next generation of migration... Mask Flight... White Flight made LI what it is today... taxes, civil service, and NIMBYs complaining non-stop for decades, yet so many put up with it... then Mask Flight, those who are finally pushed over the edge... FL though? Not sure I buy that for the majority.
Uh why not FL?? It’s literally codified in STATE LAW now that schools cannot mandate masks there. For anyone who hates mask mandates there is no better place to go with probably Texas in second place.

Old 02-16-2022, 06:25 AM

6,151 posts, read 10,029,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peconic117 View Post
Uh why not FL?? It’s literally codified in STATE LAW now that schools cannot mandate masks there. For anyone who hates mask mandates there is no better place to go with probably Texas in second place.
Yes, but it's FL... know what I mean... no argument that a significant amount will choose FL, just not sure it will be the majority... to your point I'm guessing TX gets nearly as many Mask flights as FL... but beyond that, there are plenty of other valid choices even if they don't have LAWS against mask mandates... plenty of states have sanity... ultimately once you start researching schools (what LIer is not going to do that), it becomes clear that LI is just not a value prop anymore... so many choices where you don't have the oppressive policies they are finally waking up to.

Honestly, just avoid NY and CA you will be better off... it's such a shame because CA is beautiful.

Old 02-16-2022, 06:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyKid View Post
Yes, but it's FL... know what I mean... no argument that a significant amount will choose FL, just not sure it will be the majority... to your point I'm guessing TX gets nearly as many Mask flights as FL... but beyond that, there are plenty of other valid choices even if they don't have LAWS against mask mandates... plenty of states have sanity... ultimately once you start researching schools (what LIer is not going to do that), it becomes clear that LI is just not a value prop anymore... so many choices where you don't have the oppressive policies they are finally waking up to.

Honestly, just avoid NY and CA you will be better off... it's such a shame because CA is beautiful.
The issue is if there is a law in place it prevents some future crazy possible dem (or even some GOP) governor to just issue an exec order mandating masks/vaccines etc. in a state that Doesn't have any laws preventing such. Also many states (like NC) it’s up to the school district which they can reimpose at any time. A law on the books is much harder to undo and makes an sort of mandate far more unlikely.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island