Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2022, 11:50 AM

79 posts, read 89,233 times

Advertisements

I have Verizon for over 10 years, but it keep getting more and more expensive. I am thinking of switching to Optimum but I heard the internet is horrible. Optimum doesn't have any fiber in my area...GREENVALE.

My question is how is your experience with Optimum? Has it been unstable?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2022, 12:23 PM

5,803 posts, read 2,930,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycdoctor View Post
I have Verizon for over 10 years, but it keep getting more and more expensive. I am thinking of switching to Optimum but I heard the internet is horrible. Optimum doesn't have any fiber in my area...GREENVALE.

Verizon has higher speeds if you need them

I have optimum for two years now, never had a problem. We stream on Tv, work from home with zoom running on 3 laptops. No issues. 160D/35U.

Old 03-04-2022, 12:58 PM

2,771 posts, read 4,528,333 times
Quote:

Optimum is horrible! Although they say they have new technology. However, I switched years ago because I got tired of all their equipment breaking down. Constantly bringing back modems & boxes. DVR would record half shows too. They always call me with GREAT DEALS! At this point, it’s not about the money.

Old 03-04-2022, 12:59 PM

13,055 posts, read 18,096,128 times
Quote:

If you are used to Fiberoptic you will not be happy in general.

Old 03-04-2022, 03:56 PM

1,303 posts, read 1,662,548 times
Quote:

I just switched from AlticeOne to FIOS internet only 300MBS for $19.99 per month, no equipment charges. We are VZ wireless unlimited data customers.

We've switched back and forth numerous times over the past twenty years, I don't see any difference between the services.

Old 03-04-2022, 06:59 PM
exm

3,720 posts, read 1,778,252 times
Switch back and forth.

Verizon is by FAR more reliable, and more upfront with charges. Optimum sucks: it didn't use to be this way a few years back.

Old 03-05-2022, 07:57 AM

2,897 posts, read 4,405,066 times
Verizon sucks, optimum sucks...rinse and repeat. Another one of these threads again. UGH.

Old 03-19-2022, 09:23 AM

79 posts, read 89,233 times
Optimum has no Fiberoptic in my area. I guess I am stuck with Verizon

Old 03-19-2022, 03:57 PM

12,788 posts, read 8,279,275 times
Quote:
Optimum has no Fiberoptic in my area. I guess I am stuck with Verizon
I have FiOS and have had the same price now for a few years. You didn't say what package you have either, but I have the fastest speed available (1GB) and pay under $70.00. Why not call them OR check your plan online and see what other options they have? They often times upgrade their plans and drop the price, but you have to check online. Optimum is garbage. People do nothing but complain about outages. At the end of the day, you get what you pay for. If you want quality, you have to pay for it. This is my second go round with FiOS. I had to give it up once because I moved to a location that didn't have it and dealt with slower speeds for a higher price, so I was happy when it was available again and jumped on it and pay less than I did before.

Old 03-20-2022, 11:42 AM

121 posts, read 165,114 times
Where do FIOS and Optimum broadband areas overlap?

It is rare that you have two broadband companies actually compete with one another anywhere in the USA.

Altice [Optimum] stock tanked 18% in one day back in February when they announced their Q4 results.

Looks like they will have to try harder.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island