Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2022, 06:18 PM

21 posts, read 10,199 times

Advertisements

Has anyone had their kitchen cabinets painted by a professional who sprays them? My kitchen is original with the house from 1974. The previous owner painted the cabinets 4 years ago. They are starting to wear in certain areas and now have a couple of chips in the paint. I also really hate the color they painted them. They painted them with a roller and brush and I heard it’s much better when they’re sprayed with the correct type of paint. I was considering getting them professionally spray painted and buying new doors to give a new look. Kitchens cost a lot of money to do a full renovation and I just don’t have the funds to do a full rip out. I’d be curious to hear from whoever had their cabinets professionally painted and how long ago and the type of paint and how they’re holding up. Thank you in advance for your help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2022, 07:09 PM

41 posts, read 31,753 times
https://www.facebook.com/North-Shore...-363090408553/
I had mine done by them last year- they did a great job. They take the doors off, refinish them in their shop in Deer Park, and when they return, they tape off the area and spray the rest of the exterior cabinet area. The whole process took about 4 or 5 weeks.
PM me for more details if you like…

Old 03-26-2022, 07:18 PM

640 posts, read 457,123 times
We had the cabinets painted by a brush, and the results are not great. Conversely, I just saw the cabinets refinished in the shop by spraying, and they look absolutely fantastic. It's not cheap, though. So go for it -- but consider what it would cost the replace the cabinets first.

Old 03-26-2022, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by enptguy View Post
I had mine done by them last year- they did a great job. They take the doors off, refinish them in their shop in Deer Park, and when they return, they tape off the area and spray the rest of the exterior cabinet area. The whole process took about 4 or 5 weeks.
Thank you so much for your input. I’m going to send you a PM.

Old 03-26-2022, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strannik33 View Post
We had the cabinets painted by a brush, and the results are not great. Conversely, I just saw the cabinets refinished in the shop by spraying, and they look absolutely fantastic. It's not cheap, though. So go for it -- but consider what it would cost the replace the cabinets first.
Thank you for your input. Im sorry to hear that your cabinets are not great after painting them. I have to say I did go by a shop where they spray and I thought the results looked great. The texture looked like brand new to me. I have received 2 estimates and it is more costly than I thought it would be…especially bc I’m looking to replace my doors…but my kitchen isn’t small…I priced out cabinets last year and they were about $13k and then with labor it was costing like another $7k to install them so for cabinets and labor it’s about $11k more for new cabinets…if I didn’t have a floor, driveway and cac to replace, I would spend that extra $11k on new cabinets. Thank you for your help.

Old 03-26-2022, 07:55 PM

22,742 posts, read 37,003,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enptguy View Post

I had mine done in 4 days. I suggest the OP look for someplace a little faster. We changed the faces of our cabinets and drawers, too.

Old 03-26-2022, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twingles View Post

I had mine done in 4 days. I suggest the OP look for someplace a little faster. We changed the faces of our cabinets and drawers, too.
Thank you for the info. Do you mind sharing, were your cabinets sprayed? My cabinets have been painted once by the previous owner using a roller and brush. I found the longevity didn’t hold up well…a lot of wearing by handles and garbage can and other areas. Did you have a kitchen cabinet reface, or painting? I’ve had estimates come in for both and the reface cost is a lot more $$.

Old 03-27-2022, 05:29 AM

188 posts, read 112,684 times
I received an estimate of $5000 to paint my cabinets. We ended up just replacing them.

Old 03-27-2022, 08:03 AM

2,609 posts, read 3,429,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parsifal View Post
I received an estimate of $5000 to paint my cabinets. We ended up just replacing them.
$5k just to repaint your cabinets???!!!!! Damn. Mine are starting to show their age but they are in decent shape. Don't feel like replacing them but paying that much just for painting them is absurd.

Old 03-27-2022, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parsifal View Post
Thank you for the info. That is about the cost I received to repaint mine as well. I thought it was a lot of money as well when I first heard it but I have about 26 cabinets and 12 drawers and spraying them by a pro is always more money than just taking a brush and roller to them. My kitchen isn’t small either. Do you mind me asking about what you paid for new cabinets as opposed to $5k for painting? I also received a quote of $18,500 to just do a full reface and that was for cabinets only…not replacing backsplash or countertop. I was shocked at the cost for refacing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island