Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2022, 08:58 PM

852 posts, read 1,444,672 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by woody516 View Post
They're the kind who say "I'm conservative" and "blue lives matter" not because they support law enforcement, but because they're euphemisms for hating blacks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by trusso11783 View Post
I am a registered with the Conservative Party and I totally support law enforcement and blue lives matter. Now, if those things are commensurate with hating blacks, then I guess I hate blacks, except I don’t. What a ridiculous statement.
Quote:
Originally Posted by scampy25 View Post
Wow. Nothing like stereotyping. I'm conservative, and two family members are cops. Crazy how that automatically makes me "hate blacks". People like you, are exactly why there is such divide in this country.
Reading comprehension, friends. Please reread.... I didn't say that EVERYONE who uses those phrases hates blacks. I wrote that THE GROUP that I was referring to used those phrases as a euphemism for hating blacks.

Triggered much?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2022, 09:46 AM

13,059 posts, read 18,149,829 times
Quote:
I don't know how this issue became a political one, but I have to agree with you on this one. The white people I see owning pitbulls, for the most part, aren't peace-loving hippie liberals, but wanna-be tough guys. They're the kind who say "I'm conservative" and "blue lives matter" not because they support law enforcement, but because they're euphemisms for hating blacks.

With that said, and getting back to the pitbull issue, I would NEVER leave a family member, particularly a young or elderly family member, alone with a pitbull. Due to a pitbull's size and the strength of its jaws, I would never be able to trust that the training and socialization it received will stop that one moment when its animal instincts take over.
Every issue now has become a political one.

Old 08-23-2022, 02:27 PM

690 posts, read 586,236 times
Quote:
Reading comprehension, friends. Please reread.... I didn't say that EVERYONE who uses those phrases hates blacks. I wrote that THE GROUP that I was referring to used those phrases as a euphemism for hating blacks.

Triggered much?
Way to spin, you should have replaced peppermint patty.

Old 08-26-2022, 09:42 PM

852 posts, read 1,444,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scampy25 View Post
Way to spin, you should have replaced peppermint patty.
Not a spin, my friend. Your response created a "straw man" argument (look it up).

Old 08-27-2022, 06:37 AM

412 posts, read 290,478 times
Quote:
Not sure how this went from Pit Bull to Republican-bashing. Simple. If the pit bull killed someone, kill the dog. It cannot be allowed to live. It is a danger. I love dogs but not when they attack.
I'll tell you how it went from pit bulls to Republican bashing...

Interlude said that owning pitbulls and justifying their ownership was a liberal thing. Myself and others called him on BS, and pointed out that if anything, it's wanna be tough guy dudes in big trucks and blue lives matter shirts who own pitbulls.

Old 08-27-2022, 06:43 AM

5,462 posts, read 6,072,325 times
As usual, pigeon-holing anything or anyone is a great big fail and no amount of rhetoric can change it.

Old 08-27-2022, 06:43 AM

412 posts, read 290,478 times
Quote:
I am a registered with the Conservative Party and I totally support law enforcement and blue lives matter. Now, if those things are commensurate with hating blacks, then I guess I hate blacks, except I don’t. What a ridiculous statement. Pitbulls who attack or kill need to be put down. I know they are dogs and are doing what is in their DNA. But maybe that means that such a specie not be allowed to be a domestic pet. Would you trust a nice bear or tiger?
Blue Lives Matter is commensurate with hating blacks. It is a direct response to Black Lives Matter.

Black Lives Matter is in response to the undervaluing of black lives in our society.

There is no undervaluing of "blue" lives. There isn't even a such thing as a blue life. Black is a race you can't choose. "Blue" refers to a career choice. If anything, blue lives are the most valuable. They shut down entire roads and have massive convoys for their funerals. I know, I've been in one for a very close relative...and these frat boy moron cops, 90% of whom didn't know our family one bit, made it into a big spectacle and all about them.

Do you go to breast cancer rallies and protest it with a sign that says "Colon cancer matters too!"?

On the pit bull issue, I agree. I see no point in owning a dog than can so easily kill a human. Even if well trained ones are sweet, and it's really the owner's fault, not the dog's fault if it is mistreated or poorly trained. Any dog can snap at any time. Owning a dog that has such strength and ability to kill if it so chooses, is very reckless in my opinion. I don't see the benefit of owning such a breed.

Old 08-27-2022, 08:16 PM

3,288 posts, read 2,366,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by isles08 View Post
I'll tell you how it went from pit bulls to Republican bashing...

Interlude said that owning pitbulls and justifying their ownership was a liberal thing. Myself and others called him on BS, and pointed out that if anything, it's wanna be tough guy dudes in big trucks and blue lives matter shirts who own pitbulls.
Then, both statements are ridiculous. I don’t think people buy dogs because of party affiliation.

Old 08-28-2022, 10:06 AM

5,845 posts, read 2,967,245 times
Dogs lives matter.

Everyone else’s doesn’t and never will.

The end.

Old 08-28-2022, 11:19 AM

720 posts, read 622,258 times
Wow shocking another pit bull attack. Just outlaw the breed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
View detailed profiles of: