Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2024, 06:23 AM

15,218 posts, read 10,304,488 times

Advertisements

We left LI in 1985 when our first child was born so we could finally buy a house. That was out of reach for us on LI. Moved to Florida since that's where all my family was and I actually grew up there before moving back to NY in my early 20's. Hated Florida.

I loved Long Island and now almost 40 years later, I still miss it. I miss the Italian bakeries, the good pizza and bagels and having a butcher shop. I loved the four seasons.

We lived in NC for about 9 years because of my husband's job. Hated it, maybe because we were in a small town in the eastern part where people were rather unfriendly toward us "yankees".

I'm leaving this week for Colorado. My oldest lives there and I'm looking forward to having four seasons again although I do hope I can handle the cold after all these years. Even though I wasn't raised in NY (left when I was 6 years old), whenever I would visit someplace else and head back into NY I always felt like I was finally "home".

I realize LI has probably changed a lot since 1985 but I have very fond memories of the 10 years I was there.

Last edited by chiluvr1228; 02-27-2024 at 07:00 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island