Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-26-2022, 06:10 PM

690 posts, read 584,242 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.I.B. View Post
you may be on to something. Why go to the beach on a 95 degree day in August when you an sit in your postage stamp sized backyard and REALLY enjoy yourself!
Thank you. I couldn't muster the response up myself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2022, 03:15 PM

3,287 posts, read 2,354,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by S.I.B. View Post
you may be on to something. Why go to the beach on a 95 degree day in August when you an sit in your postage stamp sized backyard and REALLY enjoy yourself!
If I only want to lay out in the sun, then yes, I would enjoy myself much more in my own yard than to load my car up with towels, chairs, etc paying $10 or more to park, sit in traffic, park 1/2 mile from the beach and then just lay out with hundreds of people with their salsa music blasting. In the end, you are accomplishing the same thing, which is to lay out in the sun. How is your way more enjoyable than mine?

Old 09-27-2022, 03:31 PM

5,292 posts, read 4,766,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trusso11783 View Post
If I only want to lay out in the sun, then yes, I would enjoy myself much more in my own yard than to load my car up with towels, chairs, etc paying $10 or more to park, sit in traffic, park 1/2 mile from the beach and then just lay out with hundreds of people with their salsa music blasting. In the end, you are accomplishing the same thing, which is to lay out in the sun. How is your way more enjoyable than mine?
Because some people like to experience life outside of their own yards. And again plenty of town only beaches where you don’t have the overcrowded city riff raff.

Old 09-27-2022, 03:45 PM

690 posts, read 584,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trusso11783 View Post
Never sat in traffic on the way to the beach on LI, early bird gets the worm. Never had to listen to anyones music or loud mouths, all I ever heard was the wind and the waves. Probably walked closer to a mile to get to my spot, but hey, great exercise. There is nothing like the ocean. I was on the beach all day yesterday, you'd probably complain it was too windy or cold.. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Old 09-27-2022, 07:32 PM

20,024 posts, read 20,826,797 times
All I know is, right now, I am soooo glad I did not move to Florida.

Old 09-27-2022, 07:49 PM

13,055 posts, read 18,096,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scampy25 View Post
Never sat in traffic on the way to the beach on LI, early bird gets the worm. Never had to listen to anyones music or loud mouths, all I ever heard was the wind and the waves. Probably walked closer to a mile to get to my spot, but hey, great exercise. There is nothing like the ocean. I was on the beach all day yesterday, you'd probably complain it was too windy or cold.. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
It was 80 here yesterday but I didn’t go because we are already eroded since the Mother’s Day storm beat the hell out of our beach. We were getting the rip currents from Fiona too. They did an unbelievable job getting it ready for Memorial Day weekend but we need a beach replenishment badly. That’s a month away. But it was a beautiful albeit windy day here.

Old 09-27-2022, 08:33 PM

54 posts, read 47,169 times
What happened to all the people telling how wonderful it is. Also Florida is one of the most expensive places to live in the country , I have plenty of friends that moved there. They all say the same thing %2 property taxes and about the same for insurance. Enjoy your hurricanes sandy was enough for me

Old 09-28-2022, 11:21 AM

855 posts, read 450,232 times
FL sucks. Good governor though.

But there's countless states which are better than NY and FL.

Old 09-28-2022, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scampy25 View Post
All I have ever been to was JOnes beach and we always sat in bumper to bumper in the 80s in the summer. And that darn bridge would go up and we would have to wait 20 minutes for that. You say you love the ocean. I was responding to people who go to the beach and sit opposite the ocean. If you’re gonna do that, why go. I love the beach and the ocean in the fall and winter and go all the time. I walk from field 6 down to the other end of field 4 and back. What I hate is the blazing hot summer when it’s full of thousands of people. Nothing to enjoy there,

Old 09-28-2022, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peconic117 View Post
Because some people like to experience life outside of their own yards. And again plenty of town only beaches where you don’t have the overcrowded city riff raff.
And they should. But going to the beach and facing opposite the ocean makes no sense at all. Why not go to Paris and always be sure to leave opposite the Eiffel Tower?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island