Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2022, 08:04 PM

8,518 posts, read 3,777,993 times

Advertisements

Let the gas lighting commence. By the time Maga finished with us we will be convinced 1/6 was a dispute about girls out cookies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2022, 08:35 PM

13,068 posts, read 18,229,359 times
I believe there were mistakes made all around. From prep before hand when they were advised of possible problems to the President not calling them off at the start of the awareness of things escalating.

HOWEVER, the above said, I fail to understand where personal responsibility comes into play. Sorry, but I don’t buy that they were doing what they were called to do. If someone told me to walk across a bridge and jump off, I have a free will and a mind and I would never do it. Only a moron would think this was a good thing to do or a smart thing to do. So for many, just like some of the Vietnam war protests of years ago, they started out innocently enough and turned violent and out of control. I think for many, (but not all) they simply got caught up with the masses and before they knew it, they were inside the capital pushing and shoving.

It seems very easy today to push the blame off on to others. Do I think all of them were innocent? Absolutely not, not by a long shot but, I do think some were hellbent on breaching the capital and creating mayhem. Yes. I can and will blame many things on the president, but for me, this is a hard bridge to cross.

Old 10-26-2022, 04:43 AM

5,300 posts, read 4,801,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by isles08 View Post
They aren't comparable at all.

One is a bunch of morons storming the capitol based on a lie. (1/6)

The other are protests about basic human rights - a real issue and sometimes a matter of life and death. About 93% of these protests have been non violent. (BLM protests)

If you can't see that, then I'm wasting my effort typing this anyway.
93% peaceful. I’m sorry but HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! BILLIONS in property damage 10k arrests nationwide. All based on an insane lie that police are just randomly hunting down and killing minorities in the streets en masse.

If YOU can’t see that then I’m wasting my time typing….

Last edited by peconic117; 10-26-2022 at 05:50 AM..

Old 10-26-2022, 05:16 AM

13,240 posts, read 4,953,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfriqueNY View Post
Let the gas lighting commence. By the time Maga finished with us we will be convinced 1/6 was a dispute about girls out cookies.
“Very fine people on both sides”.

Old 10-26-2022, 05:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGeekGuest View Post
Another oft repeated out of context lie that has been throughly debunked again and again. He literally condemned white supremacists just a few lines before saying this.

Old 10-26-2022, 08:32 AM

1,351 posts, read 1,694,518 times
Quote:
Let's be precise then we can draw conclusions.

Reporter: "The neo-Nazis started this. They showed up in Charlottesville to protest --"

Trump: "Excuse me, excuse me. They didn’t put themselves -- and you had some very bad people in that group, but you also had people that were very fine people, on both sides. You had people in that group. Excuse me, excuse me. I saw the same pictures as you did. You had people in that group that were there to protest the taking down of, to them, a very, very important statue and the renaming of a park from Robert E. Lee to another name."

To be more precise, if my memory doesn't fail me, the "neo-Nazis" (in reality a small number of knuckleheads), met annually in that park for decades without any disturbances. It wasn't until the left made an issue of removing the statue AND to have it removed on the day the "neo-Nazis" were to hold their meeting that a deadly conflict ensued. So, was the death of a young lady worth the removal of a statue?

FYI - the "neo-Nazis" still have their annual meet in that Charlottesville park.

Last edited by kmrlongisland; 10-26-2022 at 08:44 AM..

Old 10-26-2022, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peconic117 View Post
Another oft repeated out of context lie that has been throughly debunked again and again. He literally condemned white supremacists just a few lines before saying this.
Trump has birthed a dangerous new ‘Lost Cause’ myth. We must fight it

https://glc.yale.edu/news/trump-has-...-must-fight-it
The lie that the election was ‘stolen’ from Trump is building its monuments in ludicrous stories, and codifying them in laws to make the next elections easier to pilfer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmrlongisland View Post
Let's be precise then we can draw conclusions.

Reporter: "The neo-Nazis started this. They showed up in Charlottesville to protest --"

Trump: "Excuse me, excuse me. They didn’t put themselves -- and you had some very bad people in that group, but you also had people that were very fine people, on both sides. You had people in that group. Excuse me, excuse me. I saw the same pictures as you did. You had people in that group that were there to protest the taking down of, to them, a very, very important statue and the renaming of a park from Robert E. Lee to another name."

To be more precise, if my memory doesn't fail me, the "neo-Nazis" (in reality a small number of knuckleheads), met annually in that park for decades without any disturbances. It wasn't until the left made an issue of removing the statue AND to have it removed on the day the "neo-Nazis" were to hold their meeting that a deadly conflict ensued. So, was the death of a young lady worth the removal of a statue?

FYI - the "neo-Nazis" still have their annual meet in that Charlottesville park.
Apparently you are a fan(atic) of the Trumpian Lost Cause ideology.

Last edited by ChiGeekGuest; 10-26-2022 at 05:51 PM.. Reason: Adding link

Old 10-26-2022, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Trump has birthed a dangerous new ‘Lost Cause’ myth. We must fight it
The lie that the election was ‘stolen’ from Trump is building its monuments in ludicrous stories, and codifying them in laws to make the next elections easier to pilfer.

Apparently you are a fan(atic) of the Trumpian Lost Cause ideology.

Way to gaslight and completely change the subject….

Old 10-26-2022, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peconic117 View Post
Way to gaslight and completely change the subject….
OP linked to an article:
Nassau attorney and former East Williston school board trustee John O’Kelly was arrested Thursday for his actions during the Jan. 6 insurrection at the U.S. Capitol, according to the federal prosecutors.
Still waiting for clarification:

Quote:
“Non-protected class”?

White supremacists behind majority of US domestic terror attacks in 2020
Data stands in stark contrast to claims by Donald Trump, who has argued that leftwing violence is a major threat
White supremacists and other rightwing extremists have been responsible for 67% of domestic terror attacks and plots so far this year, with at least half of that violence targeting protesters, according to a new analysis from a centrist thinktank.
https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...ic-terror-2020

Old 10-26-2022, 05:48 PM

gaslighting: manipulate (someone) by psychological means into questioning their own sanity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island