Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2022, 07:12 PM

983 posts, read 726,156 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfriqueNY View Post
As the only Blue guy around town (literally) I think 1/6 and the end of Roe helped us out here in NY. I have actually met a d shook hands with Zeldin. Seems like a stand up guy. Would have crossed party lines and voted for him. I can't support anyone who stands with Trump after 1/6. Watching cops being beaten and the capitol being ransacked and guys in antisemitic shirts and Dixie flags fight to install their leader trump was a wake up call. And Zeldin supported it. Shameful. Whoever advised him to stand with Trump on that issue should be fired from his team. Glad it was a red dribble rather than a wave. Lol.
Well said
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2022, 07:51 PM

3,526 posts, read 5,709,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzook View Post
She will be back to letting the animals out, now that she won.
unfortunately yes.

Old 11-10-2022, 08:17 PM

8,518 posts, read 3,760,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuts2uiam View Post
I had this exact convo with a friend who also did not vote for Zeldin because of what you said and my reply to him was : so you are ok electing a governor who made a comment to Zeldin, “ I don’t know why that is so important to you”. When he offered that crime and cashless bail were problematic. Really??? She was so bad that a MSNBC host took her to task.
Obviously, the both of you were part of a majority, and while I never will say that I hate NY, I will say that better you than me living with her as governor..
Your response to me is "she did poorly in a debate" vs "i stand with the guy who tried to overthrow the gov and have his VP strung up"????

I don't know what has happened to the "patriots" in this country. It used to be the Republicans who held a monopoly on that imaging. Now it's a guy in a fur hat with horns.

Old 11-11-2022, 06:06 AM

57,332 posts, read 26,245,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peconic117 View Post
LOL you need to stop smoking. Either would have been stomped in the general. We owe winning the house down ballot votes to zeldin (its an official GOP SWEEP on LI now). No one would have gotten excited about another boring upstate no name. GOP has tried that again and again to nothing but failure.
That's out of touch, this year with so many bad indicators there were better candidates than someone that was anti-abortion and still chose to vote against certification after Jan 6 and was strongly supported by Trump.

Old 11-11-2022, 06:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peconic117 View Post
LOL you need to stop smoking. Either would have been stomped in the general. We owe winning the house down ballot votes to zeldin (its an official GOP SWEEP on LI now). No one would have gotten excited about another boring upstate no name. GOP has tried that again and again to nothing but failure.
That's out of touch, this year with so many bad indicators there were better candidates than someone that was anti-abortion and still chose to vote against certification after Jan 6 and was strongly supported by Trump. Rob Astorino was from Westchester if you call that upstate, he does have name recognition on LI.

Curious, would you have voted for Suozzi if he won the primary.

Old 11-11-2022, 06:10 AM

3,288 posts, read 2,362,856 times
Quote:
Your response to me is "she did poorly in a debate" vs "i stand with the guy who tried to overthrow the gov and have his VP strung up"????

I don't know what has happened to the "patriots" in this country. It used to be the Republicans who held a monopoly on that imaging. Now it's a guy in a fur hat with horns.
But no one tried to overthrow an election. He was simply asking not to certify votes from the states that had very suspicious activities. So, in other words, send them back and look at them again. He had every right to do that. Others have done so in the past. Its no big deal until the out of control lefty libs try to escalate it to something it wasn't.

Old 11-11-2022, 06:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interlude View Post
Hochul won by ~400k votes in a state that is 50% registered Democrat. Zeldin did about as well as anyone could have expected. DeSantis didn't work some amazing magic in Florida, he won by about the same margins as the Republican governors in Ohio and South Dakoda, and benefitted from mass migration into the state of Republican voters. He's just getting more press because the GOP leadership wants him to run over Trump.

Ironically, something close to 800k people fled NY for Florida in the last couple of years, so you could say that the people who would have voted for Zeldin already left.

Anyway, strap in. I wonder what's on Cruella's agenda first?

- Forcing your kids to take the vax
- Changing the voting laws to ensure Republicans never win again
- Moving local voting to the same years as state/federal voting to ensure Republicans never win again (she already tried this and I'm sure will again)
- Changing zoning laws to stuff more multi-family units into the suburbs (she already tried this and I'm sure will again)
- Doing everything possible to continue fighting against the SCOTUS concealed carry decision, tying up law abiding people in court for as long as possible
- More freebies for druggies, homeless, and illegals
- More trans "protection" like they just passed in California, making it so that not allowing your child to surgically mutilate their genitals earns you a visit from CPS
- More "climate change" garbage resulting in rolling blackouts like they presently have in Los Angeles

Oh but you can have an abortion I guess (like that was ever at risk in NY).
We know what Zeldin's first step would be, declare a crime emergency and do away with bail reform, I think voters saw through this fairy tale.

Old 11-11-2022, 06:32 AM

13,057 posts, read 18,133,701 times
Quote:
[Your response to me is "she did poorly in a debate" vs "i stand with the guy who tried to overthrow the gov and have his VP strung up"????

I will start by saying that of course you are entitled to your opinion as I am.

I am not sure who you are referring to but I did not say that. I did not say she did poorly in the debate. Clearly she did, but those were not MY words. I did not think it was necessary to explain it, however, I am happy to.

Her reply and her actions the past few months indicate that she sees no problem at all with how things are going and supports the get out of jail free and clear method of governing. She has done nothing at all in terms of crime and resident and police safety, but she did manage to get the Buffalo Bills to stay there because her husband was of council to the concession firm of the stadium. She is a clueless, do nothing, now Governor.

I have often stated that while I believe that Trump could have and should have done more to stop the events as they unfolded, I also am a big believer in personal responsibility. If I were at the capital and stood in solidarity with the events as they were unfolding in peaceful protest, the minute they turned to an angry, disrespectful, unlawful mob, I would have gone in the opposite direction, because I also am respectful of the law and safety. In other words, if I were walking across the Brooklyn bridge with a protest group and several of my fellow protesters decided it was a great idea to jump off the bridge to make our point, I would choose not to. I do not share your view that people are mindless lemmings and I do not share the view that Trump ordered and organized these folks to break into the capital.

FWIW, before you think you are talking to a died in the wool Red flag waver, I can assure you that I was a registered D the entire time I was in NY. That said, I never once voted the party line. My MO as far as voting goes was that I recognized I would never agree with someone 100% of the time. I would listen to the candidates and either vote for the one who most closely aligned with my thinking, or, not vote for either if I could not get there. I passed on more than one candidate line, because while voting is a privilege or rather was, I refuse to feel any responsibility for putting someone in office that I can't support.

Old 11-11-2022, 07:00 AM

5,072 posts, read 9,149,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
We know what Zeldin's first step would be, declare a crime emergency and do away with bail reform, I think voters saw through this fairy tale.
Has bail reform worked?

Old 11-11-2022, 07:57 AM

5,292 posts, read 4,776,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarkStreetKid View Post
Has bail reform worked?
He thinks it’s working perfectly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island