Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2022, 01:42 PM

5,295 posts, read 4,777,306 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Yes MAGA sells well in her upstate district, Stefanik saw that moving to the crazy caucus would get her a leadership role. Her voting record was very moderate, aside from her Trump support and election denial she would be considered a RINO if she came out against Trump.
Because dems never do that right? Gillibrand was a "moderate" from a purple to red upstate district who was a big "gun rights" supporter when she was congresswoman up there. As soon as she was appointed senator she went to the left of Lenin. Same with Hochul who was literally chosen by Cuomo to be his running mate to appeal to more moderate upstate voters, then as soon as she became governor went off the rails.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2022, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Zeldin might have won if he wasn't an election denier.

We all know the largest election denier it's not a secret. LOL

We did pretty well with the vote count in NY, every state is different.

How exactly does a delay in vote count benefit either candidate.

Lol you have absolutely no clue if he would have won or not, so stop it with the meaningless speculation.

In the last several elections long count votes have vastly favored democrats. I believe the stat I saw was 85% democrat wins when the vote drags for days or weeks.

Old 11-14-2022, 07:53 AM

8,518 posts, read 3,761,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peconic117 View Post
Lol you have absolutely no clue if he would have won or not, so stop it with the meaningless speculation.

In the last several elections long count votes have vastly favored democrats. I believe the stat I saw was 85% democrat wins when the vote drags for days or weeks.
You are literally saying that the Republicans here on long island are slow counting votes to benefit their opponents? That doesn't make sense. Go join the election team and see for yourself. My election team are my neighbors and they all are staunch trump loving Republicans. You accusing them of throwing the race to Gov Hochel? Please make that make sense to us.

Old 11-14-2022, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfriqueNY View Post
You are literally saying that the Republicans here on long island are slow counting votes to benefit their opponents? That doesn't make sense. Go join the election team and see for yourself. My election team are my neighbors and they all are staunch trump loving Republicans. You accusing them of throwing the race to Gov Hochel? Please make that make sense to us.
What are you even talking about? All major NY races have been called, most on election day. NY has nothing to do with this. I'm referring to the endless counting in AZ, CA, CO, NV where races still havent been decided a WEEK after election day. In fact some may take weeks!

Old 11-14-2022, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peconic117 View Post
What are you even talking about? All major NY races have been called, most on election day. NY has nothing to do with this. I'm referring to the endless counting in AZ, CA, CO, NV where races still havent been decided a WEEK after election day. In fact some may take weeks!
That's what happens when it's very close. Count every vote and get it right. What's the issue with that?

Old 11-14-2022, 01:08 PM

13,057 posts, read 18,137,639 times
Quote:
That's what happens when it's very close. Count every vote and get it right. What's the issue with that?
If we went back to the way it used to be ELECTION DAY - one day and just absentee ballots, things would be counted that night and if there were challenges they would be done the next day and longer if necessary. There is zero reason for mail in voting - NONE. The rules for absentee ballots cover all possibilities.

We have become a lazy society, work from home, vote from home, shop from home, visit the Dr. from home.

There is little that can be done without ID including buying over the counter Sudafed so there is less than zero reason that people don't have to come and vote in person and show ID and be registered in advance or vote absentee. NONE.

I am not naive, I know why mail in balloting is popular and same day registration for that matter, but if you tighten up the loose ends you could have an elected official named the same day as Election Day, unless there is a recount.

Old 11-14-2022, 01:12 PM

Quote:
No its not always what happens. Plenty of close votes that are called on election day or the day after. Even if the votes and counting are 100% legit and above board insanely extended vote counts that takes weeks undermines public confidence in our election system and will cause even more to question it. Not a good thing.

Old 11-14-2022, 01:19 PM

Public confidence? When we have our elected leaders telling us it's rigged nobody has confidence.

Old 11-14-2022, 01:19 PM

13,057 posts, read 18,137,639 times
In NYS absentee ballots can be signature verified within 4 days of receipt, they can then be scanned bit no counted the day preceding the start of early voting. They can begin counting an hour before the polls close.

Here are the rules:
https://www.ncsl.org/research/electi...can-begin.aspx

Old 11-14-2022, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Public confidence? When we have our elected leaders telling us it's rigged nobody has confidence.
Yep and insanely long counts that shouldn’t take half as long because of crazy loose voting laws play right into their hands.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island