Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2022, 10:19 AM

5,075 posts, read 3,973,436 times

Advertisements

While Hochul remains blissfully unaware of violent NYC crime, this happens today (for starters):

“A gunman hijacked a New York City MTA bus in Queens on Thursday morning before the vehicle crashed into a utility pole, authorities said.”
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2022, 10:30 AM

20,135 posts, read 20,929,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Commenter View Post
While Hochul remains blissfully unaware of violent NYC crime, this happens today (for starters):

“A gunman hijacked a New York City MTA bus in Queens on Thursday morning before the vehicle crashed into a utility pole, authorities said.”
Guns!!!!!!
Guns guns guns!!!
Lol

Old 10-27-2022, 12:25 PM

13,064 posts, read 18,165,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Commenter View Post

Yeah, BUT, she did save the Bills!! And her hubby's job too. He is general counsel for the concession company so it's not like she didn't do ANYTHING at all.

Old 10-27-2022, 01:42 PM

20,135 posts, read 20,929,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuts2uiam View Post
Yeah, BUT, she did save the Bills!! And her hubby's job too. He is general counsel for the concession company so it's not like she didn't do ANYTHING at all.
She should be executed for treason just on the Bills deal alone.

Old 10-27-2022, 07:28 PM

1,480 posts, read 768,845 times
Give micron tax breaks but not Amazon.

Microns tax breaks are almost 4 times more expensive to us. Queens could have used amazons jobs. But most dems who killed the Amazon deal are quiet including aoc who killed jobs for her constituents.

“the Micron plant creating less than half as many jobs in exchange for nearly twice as many tax incentives — or $611,000 per job. The Amazon proposal would have cost about $120,000 per job.”

Old 10-27-2022, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotkarl View Post
She should be executed for treason just on the Bills deal alone.
I about fell off my chair when I read that. Talk about conflict of interest. Ya gotta give her points for either honesty or stupidity to talk about it though.

Old 10-28-2022, 03:43 AM

5,075 posts, read 3,973,436 times
She appeared cold and unlikeable (and a bit condescending). He appeared more eager and energetic and was focused on what matters most to New Yorkers. Crime and the economy. In a place dominated by folks who voted for DeBlasio twice (not a misprint), she wins.

She’s awful and spouting a peculiar and irrelevant Trump/Abortion mashup so it’ll be close. Biden won NY by a whopping 23 percent just 2 short years ago.

Last edited by Quick Commenter; 10-28-2022 at 04:00 AM..

Old 10-28-2022, 05:57 AM

2,607 posts, read 3,409,865 times
It's very obvious that he's a much better candidate for governor after that debate. Yet there are going to be thousands of stupid, brain dead NYers that are going to vote for that witch.
If any of you idiots are torn on election day just stay home and don't vote. Don't even cast an absentee ballot. You liberal loser have done enough damage destroying this state and city.

Old 10-28-2022, 06:29 AM

412 posts, read 290,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deeken View Post
It's very obvious that he's a much better candidate for governor after that debate. Yet there are going to be thousands of stupid, brain dead NYers that are going to vote for that witch.
If any of you idiots are torn on election day just stay home and don't vote. Don't even cast an absentee ballot. You liberal loser have done enough damage destroying this state and city.
Sounds like you need to move to Florida, where all the intelligent people are.

Old 10-28-2022, 07:02 AM

I will say that until the Fetterman debate which I only saw snippets of to be honest, I really was hopeful that people would let their intelligence and common sense reign. Nope, after that debacle the fact that other than his mom and dad, he has people that would pull the lever for him just shows that people are stupid.

I spent over 30 years as an advocate for the disabled, and I would never subject anyone to that type of situation. While I will grant all that it was "brave" of him to put himself out there, knowing what inevitably would come after the fact, I acknowledge that he really didn't have any choice. He is progressing from the stroke and that is hard work and he probably has come a long way and worked really hard to get there, but he is truly not ready for prime time.

In all my years as a registered voter - I never once voted party, party, party. I always voted based upon my knowledge and if I didn't have a clue about the position, I left it out. There have been several elections in my adult life that I voted for all that I knew, but also if I knew the candidates positions and felt I could not get to a point that I felt comfortable with either of them, I did not pull the lever for either.

Hochul, was a wonderful candidate for Lee Zelda, as she provided more than a few sound bites for the opposition party, Thanks Kathy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
View detailed profiles of: