Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2022, 12:11 PM

5,292 posts, read 4,768,452 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coney View Post
We just bought an SUV, our first. It was not a lease. They added extra $$$ to the price and gave it some fancy name. The dealer threw in some silly thing about the tires as if this was going to make us feel as if we got some sort of "deal."

This was a replacement for a 28 year old Corolla that had essentially died. We put a lot of money into it and just didn't think it was worth it to pay for more repairs.
Yep that’s what they are doing now. They are charging “MSRP” then forcing you to buy 2-3k of tire insurance, ceramic coating etc. things that always used to be optional. Vehicle sales are starting to drop so they are trying to make up for it however they can
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2022, 04:28 PM

12 posts, read 4,883 times
bought during summer, found a Toyota dealer willing to sell hybrid at MSRP- PA dealer. Waited bit over 1 month after deposit. Let me know if you want the info, also found a dealer upstate who was willing to do MSRP+1000 with no other add on.

Old 12-11-2022, 08:49 PM

450 posts, read 385,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greatclearday View Post
bought during summer, found a Toyota dealer willing to sell hybrid at MSRP- PA dealer. Waited bit over 1 month after deposit. Let me know if you want the info, also found a dealer upstate who was willing to do MSRP+1000 with no other add on.

Upstate or PA are all OK with me, mind sharing the details? I'll give them a call to see what they have. I think Mazda's also have almost no mark up, Toyota and Nissan dealers have been the worst offenders.

Old 12-12-2022, 02:16 AM

106,621 posts, read 108,757,383 times
Nissan has not even allowed the extension of a lease to pay down any more residual value on the car in case you wanted to buy it out

Old 12-12-2022, 06:12 AM

12 posts, read 4,883 times
fitz auto mall.
they have PA and MD location, do the talking over the email and phone.
for upstate, maguire toyota (or maguire dealership)

Old 12-12-2022, 06:28 AM

5,511 posts, read 7,104,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lubby View Post
I haven't bought a new car since 2015 LOL
Same here, my 2015 Toyota is going to last me a long time at these rates. It's paid for and only has 52K miles. No rush at all to get a new one.

Old 12-12-2022, 11:31 AM

450 posts, read 385,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
Nissan has not even allowed the extension of a lease to pay down any more residual value on the car in case you wanted to buy it out

It really depends on the contract, if it has clause that Nissan gets the first dibs on the purchase at lease end, even if the leasee wanted to buy it, then Nissan can block it. I know at some point BMW did not allow resale to places like Carmax, and it had to be bought by the owner, or returned to BMW.

So Nissan might have sqeezed in a clause there that even if you wanted to buy it, you couldn't because they get 1st chance to buy it. I would never lease a vehicle like that unless MF & Residual was so great that my lease payments were next to nothing, but then again if residual was so great, I wouldn't really buy it anyway.

There are sweet spots with residuals when coupled by a good MF (and MF's were almost nothing for last 3-4 years), but now with interest going up, MF's are probably shooting up.

Old 12-12-2022, 02:39 PM

106,621 posts, read 108,757,383 times
I will check with my son about nissan ..he owns an auto leasing business and handles nissan

Old 12-12-2022, 06:50 PM

6,384 posts, read 13,155,036 times
When you buy out of state do you still pay the NY taxes or the state you buy? I would find it unlikely that NY would let that income go to only have the car come back here.

Old 12-12-2022, 06:54 PM

537 posts, read 1,448,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
We want to get a bmw x5 but the premium is over 10k right now .

So we will wait …my son has a car leasing business in Long Island and New Jersey and they also do new car sales and work with many dealers .

He would kill us if we bought at these levels

You are not negotiating properly. I just got an X7 for UNDER MSRP and that is a brand new refresh with huge demand. Can’t even find them on the dealer floors. Many dealers wanted msrp. I could have gotten msrp on the X5. Took some time to find the right dealers willing to negotiate. But MSRP for a BMW should be easy. Unless it’s an M50 then maybe there will be a premium.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
View detailed profiles of: