Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2022, 08:40 PM

5,292 posts, read 4,766,425 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ave1024 View Post
You are not negotiating properly. I just got an X7 for UNDER MSRP and that is a brand new refresh with huge demand. Can’t even find them on the dealer floors. Many dealers wanted msrp. I could have gotten msrp on the X5. Took some time to find the right dealers willing to negotiate. But MSRP for a BMW should be easy. Unless it’s an M50 then maybe there will be a premium.
This exactly. Luxury cars believe it or not, are not as difficult to find at MSRP or even a bit below especially now as car sales start to plummet. The toughest ones to get at MSRP are super popular huge volume selling vehicles like the RAV4 or Kia telluride.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2022, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocafeller05 View Post
When you buy out of state do you still pay the NY taxes or the state you buy? I would find it unlikely that NY would let that income go to only have the car come back here.
Yep. No escaping NY tax.

Old 12-12-2022, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tailgunner_ed View Post
It really depends on the contract, if it has clause that Nissan gets the first dibs on the purchase at lease end, even if the leasee wanted to buy it, then Nissan can block it. I know at some point BMW did not allow resale to places like Carmax, and it had to be bought by the owner, or returned to BMW.

So Nissan might have sqeezed in a clause there that even if you wanted to buy it, you couldn't because they get 1st chance to buy it. I would never lease a vehicle like that unless MF & Residual was so great that my lease payments were next to nothing, but then again if residual was so great, I wouldn't really buy it anyway.

There are sweet spots with residuals when coupled by a good MF (and MF's were almost nothing for last 3-4 years), but now with interest going up, MF's are probably shooting up.
I think of all the car companies Toyota is the only one that still allows you to sell your lease to a company like car max or Carvana. That party ended during COVID when supply dried up and used vehicle prices skyrocketed. There are still ways around it though, I was able to sell my last lease through a broker.

Old 12-13-2022, 01:24 AM

106,573 posts, read 108,713,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ave1024 View Post
You are not negotiating properly. I just got an X7 for UNDER MSRP and that is a brand new refresh with huge demand. Can’t even find them on the dealer floors. Many dealers wanted msrp. I could have gotten msrp on the X5. Took some time to find the right dealers willing to negotiate. But MSRP for a BMW should be easy. Unless it’s an M50 then maybe there will be a premium.
My son is a dealer and the x5 is not going for msrp as it is to popular and in short supply

Old 12-13-2022, 01:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tailgunner_ed View Post
It really depends on the contract, if it has clause that Nissan gets the first dibs on the purchase at lease end, even if the leasee wanted to buy it, then Nissan can block it. I know at some point BMW did not allow resale to places like Carmax, and it had to be bought by the owner, or returned to BMW.

So Nissan might have sqeezed in a clause there that even if you wanted to buy it, you couldn't because they get 1st chance to buy it. I would never lease a vehicle like that unless MF & Residual was so great that my lease payments were next to nothing, but then again if residual was so great, I wouldn't really buy it anyway.

There are sweet spots with residuals when coupled by a good MF (and MF's were almost nothing for last 3-4 years), but now with interest going up, MF's are probably shooting up.
He said what you said , each dealers contract can be different depending on how long ago the contract was written

Old 12-13-2022, 06:19 AM

2,897 posts, read 4,405,066 times
Luckily for me, I got $6k off MSRP Feb 2021 on my Durango, right before the "shortage" of chips. These ridiculous prices today are just insane. My lease is up in a year, and this might be the 1st lease I buy, if prices are still ridiculous a year from now.

Old 12-13-2022, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzook View Post
Luckily for me, I got $6k off MSRP Feb 2021 on my Durango, right before the "shortage" of chips. These ridiculous prices today are just insane. My lease is up in a year, and this might be the 1st lease I buy, if prices are still ridiculous a year from now.
It’s crazy. The current auto industry pricing is not sustainable and will eventually go off a cliff. Something is going to have to give.

Old 12-13-2022, 09:36 AM

5,509 posts, read 7,102,385 times
Sunrise Toyota has listed on their web site the following for each vehicle in stock

MSRP
Dealer Adjustment
Advertised Price.

Not sure if these are negotiable or not.

https://www.sunrisetoyotanorth.com/s...px?Make=Toyota

Old 12-13-2022, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYTom View Post
Sunrise Toyota has listed on their web site the following for each vehicle in stock

MSRP
Dealer Adjustment
Advertised Price.

Not sure if these are negotiable or not.

https://www.sunrisetoyotanorth.com/s...px?Make=Toyota
Here is their disclaimer …they also show an adder to msrp of 750.00 to 8k depending on model

Disclaimer

May not represent actual vehicle. (Options, colors, trim and body style may vary).

My sons partners wife owns a Long Island Toyota dealership besides their business

My son has actually been doing better through their business then those who go in to the dealership

Last edited by mathjak107; 12-13-2022 at 10:06 AM..

Old 12-15-2022, 05:30 AM

537 posts, read 1,447,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
My son is a dealer and the x5 is not going for msrp as it is to popular and in short supply

So you think an X5 that is on the year prior to a refresh is going ABOVE MSRP? I call LOL on that one. Maybe your dealer is trying to justify this false narrative and they have enough uneducated buyers coming through the door, but I can guarantee you that if *I* walked into a Long Island dealership, the initial offer would be MSRP. I know because I was just there doing it. I had a dealer in Westchester who was willing to give me 4% off on an M50 that he had IN STOCK. Was begging me to take the car, but I didn't want the 5 and didn't need to pay 100k+ for an M. And the M50 usually carries a premium, not the other way around.

There are tons of brokers on the leasehackr forums offering X5s for 5% off MSRP. Usually if the brokers can get them from dealers, individuals can come pretty close as well. When I bought my X7 my dealer was crying poverty. "I don't know where you are seeing all these dealers coming under MSRP". They say this but guess what, they do it without advertising it publicaly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
View detailed profiles of: