Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2023, 05:10 PM

175 posts, read 602,108 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone. I am looking to move to one or the other. I am a 53 year old single woman looking to have stores/places to eat within walking distance. I am looking for a 2 bedroom condo/coop. Both are equally distance to work. My family lives in the city. Any opinions would be appreciated. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2023, 12:19 AM

786 posts, read 484,676 times
Hi Amy. Life long Queens native in this area. I'm also about your age. Both are great neighborhoods. And, as you said, both are clost to the LIRR and a short ride into Manhattan.

However I'd personally prefer Bay Terrace area. You have access to the wonderful walking path by Ft. Totten and the Throgs Neck bridge. Also, while GN does have many restaurants, they really have nothing going on after 9pm. That place is like a ghost town. Very, very weird. Bayside has plenty of bars/lounges for drinks, if you're into that. Between Bay Terrace shopping area as well as Bell blvd, tons of places to shop/eat/drink.

I would also finish by saying GN has a very strange cultural vibe. People are very introverted, from what I have seen. There's a heavy conservative Jewish pop and they tend to stick to themsevles. Bayside is a bit more diverse (even though I hate that word).

Old 05-23-2023, 02:03 AM

106,623 posts, read 108,773,903 times
i lived in both great neck and bay terrace.

i much prefer bay terrace

Old 07-15-2023, 08:24 PM

Thanks! I have now thrown Beechhurst into the mix and removed Great Neck...still looking...

Old 07-16-2023, 01:32 AM

786 posts, read 484,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amylauren View Post
Thanks! I have now thrown Beechhurst into the mix and removed Great Neck...still looking...
Lol. Yes, I saw your post. Didn't realize you were the same person. Beechhurst/Bay Terrace basically the same thing. I think you'd have a lot more to choose from in terms of coops in Bay Terrace. Beechurst really only has Le Harve, which is an oldies Florida like place. Although nice. Come to think of it, there are a lot buildings in Bay Terrace full of oldies as well. Lol.

Either way, the Bayside LIRR is what you'll take in Manhattan.

I live not far from both areas. I'd say if I were picking between the two, whichever apt. gave me the best view (assuming price is the same) is the one I'd take. You get some amazing views of the bridge over in Le Harve in Beechurst. But Bay Terrace along Bell blvd has some great views over looking Little Neck bay if you can get an apt. high enough.

Old 07-16-2023, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by islanders2021 View Post
Lol. Yes, I saw your post. Didn't realize you were the same person. Beechhurst/Bay Terrace basically the same thing. I think you'd have a lot more to choose from in terms of coops in Bay Terrace. Beechurst really only has Le Harve, which is an oldies Florida like place. Although nice. Come to think of it, there are a lot buildings in Bay Terrace full of oldies as well. Lol.

Either way, the Bayside LIRR is what you'll take in Manhattan.

I live not far from both areas. I'd say if I were picking between the two, whichever apt. gave me the best view (assuming price is the same) is the one I'd take. You get some amazing views of the bridge over in Le Harve in Beechurst. But Bay Terrace along Bell blvd has some great views over looking Little Neck bay if you can get an apt. high enough.

Thank you so much!!

Old 07-17-2023, 12:01 PM

544 posts, read 939,445 times
My family was in Bayside by Bay Terrace shopping center. My oldest rented an apartment on Waters Edge Dr. Enjoyed the location's walkability and access to all sorts of things to do. Work is taking him back to eastern LI.

Old 07-17-2023, 12:06 PM

106,623 posts, read 108,773,903 times
wd are also a few blocks from the shopping center..

my wife does not drive so before we were married she found surviving very easy in the area .

she even worked preschool at sam fields Y and the pool club in back of the shopping center ..

Old 07-17-2023, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atypicalLIer View Post
My family was in Bayside by Bay Terrace shopping center. My oldest rented an apartment on Waters Edge Dr. Enjoyed the location's walkability and access to all sorts of things to do. Work is taking him back to eastern LI.

How did he find available rentals in that complex? It is a great location!

Old 07-17-2023, 06:21 PM

1 posts, read 401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
i lived in both great neck and bay terrace.

i much prefer bay terrace
nice place
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island