Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2023, 11:37 AM

1,330 posts, read 1,677,718 times

Advertisements

I just received my passport in the mail today! Total time between 4-5 weeks, expedited.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2023, 07:44 PM

1,085 posts, read 1,503,055 times
Biden administration another screws up. They want to do everything to make travel difficult. Whether its driving by auto, plane, train etc. All being done on purpose. They want you couped in tiny houses/apartments in little 15 minutes cities where you own nothing.

Old 07-22-2023, 04:55 AM

68 posts, read 25,990 times
Does USPS do renewals, with a new pic? Or am I better off doing it myself?

Old 07-22-2023, 05:09 AM

31,959 posts, read 27,083,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yamvmax1 View Post
Does USPS do renewals, with a new pic? Or am I better off doing it myself?
FAIK USPS passport acceptance locations only process new applications. All renewals must be done via mail or online.

As for new picture you're always required to submit a recent one with either new or renewal application.

IIRC only time USPS post office locations process "renewal" passports is under certain circumstances which such request is treated actually as applying for new. Such as your passport was issued more than 15 years ago, you don't have the original (undamaged) passport in your possession.... https://citizenpath.com/renew-passport-post-office/

As for taking pictures don't know if local USPS will do so even if they don't process application. Our local requires setting up an appointment (no walk-ins) but maybe if you catch yours when they're slow or don't have an appointment waiting. It may also help if they know you at this local USPS office.

Old 07-25-2023, 03:12 PM

2,186 posts, read 4,188,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by haywood16 View Post
Biden administration another screws up. They want to do everything to make travel difficult. Whether its driving by auto, plane, train etc. All being done on purpose. They want you couped in tiny houses/apartments in little 15 minutes cities where you own nothing.
Remind me who put his buddy in charge of the USPS and then cut funding?

A surge in international travel after lockdowns the previous three summers have caused a backlog in passport processing. None of the political nonsense that you choose to believe.

Old 07-25-2023, 03:13 PM

2,186 posts, read 4,188,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by norman_w View Post
There was a new article about how long its taking. Because of the RealID hassle.
RealID is processed by the DMV, not the state department.

Old 08-03-2023, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex-LI View Post

A surge in international travel after lockdowns the previous three summers have caused a backlog in passport processing. None of the political nonsense that you choose to believe.
Nice try, Biden has laundered over 200 billion to Ukraine. Every democrat area is a lawless cesspool. Its 100% political. Both sides are compromised by the World Economic Forum. They cant find anyone to work because of mandates, handouts, and mis management in all government agencies. Again, all by design.

Last edited by haywood16; 08-03-2023 at 08:28 PM.. Reason: n

Old 11-14-2023, 05:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex-LI View Post

Ok Commie keep telling yourself that. Anything government touches turns to garbage.

Old 11-29-2023, 07:02 PM

592 posts, read 921,068 times
Multiple kids passports were processed in a very timely 3-4 weeks recently. Passports were mailed from Tucson, AZ and arrived at Melville processing facility where they have been missing for 2 months now. Would not have known but for the Informed Delivery Service of USPS but can only assume they were stolen since they were in separate priority mail envelopes (you could understand one going missing not multiple). The response from USPS was about as bureaucratic and pathetic as you'd expect.

When the government encourages degeneracy and illegal aliens, I guess it's assumed people will try to profit off of it and exploit it. I'm just glad the birth certificates we submitted made it back.

Old 11-29-2023, 07:16 PM

1,478 posts, read 768,031 times
My local credit union literally said warning do not mail from the x post service towns due to an increase in theft and fraud. It said if you mailed From this location monitor your accounts for fraud. It’s happening all over here unfortunately so not surprising.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island