Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2024, 04:52 AM

31,897 posts, read 26,938,579 times

Advertisements

Oh well, that's that!

Quite honestly it was going to be very difficult for Suzzoi (or any other democrat) not to have won after the disgrace of Santos. Local GOP really only have themselves to blame, but they won't and thus will not do the sort of soul searching and house cleaning party needs.

In fact entire NYS GOP party is badly in need of fresh new and sane blood.

Santos was an effing disgrace and worse much about him was easily found out by simple vetting *before* he was given go ahead to run. If a better candidate had won that election and it was a matter of an incumbent defending said seat come November, then maybe there might have been a good chance of it remaining republican.

State and national DNC wanted to flip that seat back big time, and they put eff tons of money and effort in aid of that cause. It's part of their grand scheme to get back majority in House come November. Jeffries and others made flipping Santos former seat back to democrat their lifes work these past several months.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2024, 05:03 AM

1,288 posts, read 642,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peconic117 View Post
Yet if he gets elected he will vote with the dems and progs 99% of the time.
I'll wager 100% of the time..

Old 02-14-2024, 05:10 AM

5,292 posts, read 4,767,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by martinjsxx View Post
The local Republican Party is a joke and makes you wonder if they are working with the Democrats. She was a very bad choice who nobody knew and had a strange accent and is a Democrat who won't change parties even though she has been running as a Republican for a couple of years. If they were serious they could have run somebody like Lee Zeldin who people know from his run for Governor. He doesn't live in the district but he doesn't have to and he's from Long Island. Instead they ran an Ethiopian Israeli woman who is a Democrat with 7 kids who has financial and tax issues and said she wouldn't support Trump if he is convicted of any crimes. What a joke.
She also barely even campaigned where suozzi was all over the place. Bottom line: terrible candidate in a lean blue district (one thats coming off of a national scandal), in a low turnout election with a snow storm depressing it further. This was always an uphill battle

Old 02-14-2024, 05:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
Oh well, that's that!

Quite honestly it was going to be very difficult for Suzzoi (or any other democrat) not to have won after the disgrace of Santos. Local GOP really only have themselves to blame, but they won't and thus will not do the sort of soul searching and house cleaning party needs.

In fact entire NYS GOP party is badly in need of fresh new and sane blood.

Santos was an effing disgrace and worse much about him was easily found out by simple vetting *before* he was given go ahead to run. If a better candidate had won that election and it was a matter of an incumbent defending said seat come November, then maybe there might have been a good chance of it remaining republican.

State and national DNC wanted to flip that seat back big time, and they put eff tons of money and effort in aid of that cause. It's part of their grand scheme to get back majority in House come November. Jeffries and others made flipping Santos former seat back to democrat their lifes work these past several months.
How Cairo isn’t resigning in disgrace right now from the Nassau GOP I will never know

Old 02-14-2024, 05:51 AM

913 posts, read 885,276 times
Quote:
She also barely even campaigned where suozzi was all over the place. Bottom line: terrible candidate in a lean blue district (one thats coming off of a national scandal), in a low turnout election with a snow storm depressing it further. This was always an uphill battle
Not sure where you live but Mazi people came door to door and I recieved many postcards daily. I also had to hear her shrill voice all day long in TV commercials.

You do realize it snowed for Suozzi voters too

Like I said, Santos in a dress for all intents and purposes and voters saw through that BS.

Congratulations to Suozzi

Old 02-14-2024, 05:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave 92 LSC View Post
I don’t understand. What type of scum votes for democrats. ?? Who are these people ?
The people who are tired of the do nothing republican scum!

Old 02-14-2024, 06:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauradrops View Post
Not sure where you live but Mazi people came door to door and I recieved many postcards daily. I also had to hear her shrill voice all day long in TV commercials.

You do realize it snowed for Suozzi voters too

Like I said, Santos in a dress for all intents and purposes and voters saw through that BS.

Congratulations to Suozzi
Im talking about in person campaigning which she hardly did (probably because she barely speaks English) suozzi was all over the place. Postcards are meaningless and most of them are paid for and sent by super PACs not the candidate themselves.

lol yeah I realize that. I also realize that FAR more dems early vote and mail in making and Election Day snow storm much worse for the GOP then for the dems

Old 02-14-2024, 06:41 AM

Quote:
Im talking about in person campaigning which she hardly did (probably because she barely speaks English) suozzi was all over the place. Postcards are meaningless and most of them are paid for and sent by super PACs not the candidate themselves.

lol yeah I realize that. I also realize that FAR more dems early vote and mail in making and Election Day snow storm much worse for the GOP then for the dems
She was never going to be allowed campaign in person for obvious reasons.

I really don't think the snow impacted anything too much as the roads were clear many hours before the polls closed at 9pm. I think people are really just tired of empty candidates. I am curious to see how independents( such as myself) voted compared to when Santos won.

Old 02-14-2024, 06:55 AM

1,725 posts, read 4,035,808 times
Shocker! Tom Suozzi, lifelong political hack, back in office again. He’ll ride this one all the way to retirement. Shame on the GOP for nominating Pilip for this position against a Nassau name brand like Suozzi. She had no chance.
After all of Tom’s blustering about “Let’s fix this”, I put the probability of him ever breaking lockstep with House Dems at 0%.

Old 02-14-2024, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauradrops View Post
She was never going to be allowed campaign in person for obvious reasons.

I really don't think the snow impacted anything too much as the roads were clear many hours before the polls closed at 9pm. I think people are really just tired of empty candidates. I am curious to see how independents( such as myself) voted compared to when Santos won.
It’s dosent matter what you “think”. The numbers showed lower turnout than was expected. There is no doubt the storm affected it with schools closed and half the day dangerous to drive. Was it the only reason? No of course not. But it certainly was a factor.

Last edited by peconic117; 02-14-2024 at 07:42 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island