Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2008, 11:14 AM

13,511 posts, read 17,038,460 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick927 View Post
Yes i have contacted the police.
Man, your car was almost on top of the house..these guys must work very swiftly and quietly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2008, 11:24 AM

10,655 posts, read 18,665,293 times
Where in Lindy?? Police blotter said houses S of Montauk hit last month.

How do they do this without setting of the alarm??!!

Old 12-16-2008, 11:30 AM

55 posts, read 180,915 times
My mother in law and her new husband got their cars sacked through at night in North Babylon about 6 months ago (heavy rain night). They stole a garmin nav system and a pioneer in dash nav unit from the f150. The f150 had a good alarm but the criminals cut the wire after pry barring the hood. He now has put on a better alarm with a battery back up I think. They also shot out the motion sensors (beebee gun I guess) that were high up on the house. My step father in law has now put on bullet proof glass on top of the second floor motions to prevent this again.

The same night the creeps broke into my familys 2 cars they got 4 other cars that night. Two of the cars were owned by cops. The way they connected all 6 cars that night was from papers in a briefcase stolen in north babylon were found in west Islip scattered through the street of another car job. My step father in law now has a full arsenal at the house, suspects he knows the kids down the street did it (cops admission), and I'm afraid he might kill one of these kids if they step on his property again. I keep telling him the best defense he has is a good alarm and a loud dog but he is pissed beyond belief. There are many other armed homeowers out there that are going to blow these thugs away if this keeps up. Heck I wouldn't be surprised if some leave their cars unlocked and alarm off just inviting one of these criminals to break in.

Old 12-16-2008, 01:06 PM

6,384 posts, read 13,161,099 times
Looks like the creeps moved to different areas, but still on the south shore. I would still bet a pay check its the guys they caught in my parking lot in Islip. The crimes are all identical.

Old 12-16-2008, 02:14 PM

5 posts, read 22,084 times
I live in north lindy which is north of montauk hwy.. obviously the standard alarm sucks! i still cant believe it

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post

Old 12-16-2008, 03:15 PM

518 posts, read 1,821,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post

factory alarms only go off if the door gets opened

Old 12-17-2008, 06:57 AM

14 posts, read 51,945 times
Thats exactly what happened to me, same MO, same type of paver stones used. I hope someone catches them in the act and splits their skulls with the stones.

Old 12-17-2008, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamExit View Post
factory alarms only go off if the door gets opened
I never realized that! I think I may need a better alarm...

Are the cops doing ANYTHING about this? It's obviously the same people doing it, why not check local shops/ebay/craigslist for people selling rims and tires? They have to be selling them SOMEWHERE.

Old 12-17-2008, 08:03 AM

14 posts, read 51,945 times
Unfortunately most car rims don't have seriel numbers on them. Probably a good idea to get your VIN number etched in them.

Old 12-17-2008, 08:05 AM

Yeah, but aren't they targeting certain types of rims/tires? Could at least check to see if a whole bunch of Nissan rims are showing up for sale.

There is someone on craigslist in LI offering 10-12 nissan 300 rims...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island